The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Not heckling, but not enjoying (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2020, Jonmaddgician wrote:

Sometimes I even explain something I'm doing, something like Crazy Man's Handcuffs. (Rarely, but in the right situation with the right audience)
Some tricks are almost even more beautiful when you show people how they work (Penn & Teller style), & of course kicker if you have an unexplainable twist at the end.

. :/

From the bottom of my heart, please PLEASE don't do this, especially not with CMH which is a staple of mine. Penn & Teller have a rule: they will only ever explain a trick if the explanation is more interesting or funny than the effect itself.

That is emphatically NOT the case with CMH. In explaining how you do it, you are confirming EXACTLY what they suspect MIGHT be happening but cannot see: that you are somehow manipulating the bands. It ruins the magic for them, and hastens the time that one of the greatest close-up tricks ever will become too well-known to perform.

Please stop exposing this trick.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
+1
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
+2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why not just say you can't manage to fool or entertain anyone with Crazy Man's Handcuffs and be done with it?

In reality Penn and Teller expose quite little magic. They claim to expose more than that actually do. Don't use them as an excuse to expose magic please.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
Some people will have a tough time with it no matter what you do or say. If I can tell someone is really bothered by it, I will simply tell them," The smarter you are, the harder it is to figure out." This usually gets a smile and helps defuse the situation.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, AnthonyCC wrote:
Some people will have a tough time with it no matter what you do or say. If I can tell someone is really bothered by it, I will simply tell them," The smarter you are, the harder it is to figure out." This usually gets a smile and helps defuse the situation.

I like that...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, AnthonyCC wrote:

I like that...

That is awesome to hear! I hope it helps!
madmalone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of madmalone
If they are not enjoying I finishing the current illusion and not doing any more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Not heckling, but not enjoying (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL