The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk free silk for symphatetic silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Hi

Since recently going vegan I don't want to support the silk industry any longer.

So I was wondering if anyone knows any substitute material that works well for the symphatetic silk routine. I have read posts about silk blends working well but I don't want any amount of silk in my scarves because of my personal beliefs.

I know there is vegan silk but I cant find it on swedish websites. Aslo I cant sew.

Has anyone done a symphatetic silk routine with materials containing no silk?

Thanck you
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5311 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Absolutely. I have used modern head scarves made from polyester material. However buying and supporting the polyester industry supports big coal and the oil industries that are arguably largely responsible for the climate crisis some believe we are facing today. I suspect that you should simply use polished cotton, or hemp, or linen or even bamboo based materials. Handkerchief made from any of those materials will work just fine. Charley Edwards performed the self-unknoting silks on the street (the knot of which is instrumental in the Sympathetic Silk routine). Charley used inexpensive men's, cotton handkerchiefs.

Most stores that sell women's head scarves will have a selection made of fabrics other than silk (or polyester) all ready made and ready to use. Men's cotton bandanas will also suffice and can be found in many colors.

I'd say go look at head scarves and try them out in the store. Buy what works for you and looks nice for your routine.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Thanck you very so much sir . I am very happy to hear this now I will purchase levents dvd on the subject and put togheter an amazing routine Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk free silk for symphatetic silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL