The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blue Illusion (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Wow! This looks amazingly clean- no cover

https://www.jbtvusa.com/p/j-b-products/t......den-aviv

I must say that this looks so good. It is by far the cleanest ALL-AROUND
color-changing card box I have ever seen.

A BLUE BICYCLE card box is picked up off your table. It is shown to your audience in the fairest possible manner; no cover of any kind.

The box is opened and a RED DECK is slid half way out. With just a wave the ENTIRE BOX VISUALLY changes color to RED. THIS REALLY HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED. ALL 6 SIDES CAN BE SHOWN.

The deck is removed and spread FACE UP. Your spectator names ANY CARD; no force of any kind.

The freely named card is flipped face down. It is the ONLY BLUE-BACKED CARD in the ENTIRE DECK. The named card is flipped face up and laid on the red card box. The deck is shown; there are no other BLUE CARDS in the deck.
At this point you explain it's all been an illusion.

The box was NEVER BLUE, there are NO BLUE cards in the deck and finally the card they named was also never really blue. The spectator turns over the card themselves; IT IS NOW RED.

This is a fantastic routine, that's super easy to do. It comes with all the custom-made props.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
That's beautiful.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I believe this was available at Blackpool this year. Perhaps someone bought it.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Hmmm- I thought I knew what this was (considering Mark Mason is involved), but then got to the part about no elastic thread or dental dams? Neat. Still, I hope the gimmick is easy to repair/rebuild as I am sure it would suffer wear and tear after repeated use.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
The cleanest all around color changing box your spectators will ever witness. All 6 sides can be clearly shown. Then, with no force, your spectator names any card and you show it to be the only blue backed card in the entire deck. An easy to do, Mark Mason ingenious effect. Comes with gimmicks. Supply your own USPCC Bicycle deck.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65885

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Looks sweet! Reminds me of Shadeshift by SansMinds. But this looks way better and doesn't require DIY.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have one. It's great. I've always thought a color changing box is the most logical follow up to a color changing deck but never really found any that I love until I saw Blue Illusion. Though I personally wouldn't routine it the way it's routined in the demo. I like to remove the blue deck from the box, do a color changing deck routine and then as I'm putting the red cards back into the case, say, "Wait this doesn't make any sense..." Turn the box red and put the cards away. To me it feels like the end of a routine, not the beginning.

P.S. I hadn't watched the full trailer till just now. I had no idea I was quoted! Ha! I must have said that to Mark Mason in the dealer room when I first saw it. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes bought this at Blackpool this year and it’s a brilliant gimmick and it’s also very easy to do and will last .
Very easy to repair when it eventually becomes necessary because as mentioned in the ad if doesn’t use thread or elastics .
I do like the routine supplied but prefer Cameron’s take as I prefer to put the box away after the change .
I mean it’s very clean and it locks in place but I still prefer it going away after the major eye candy , Gaz 🙂
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
This does look terrific (pure eye candy), but I'm wondering how quick and efficient the reset is (like do you need to run to the bathroom?) and if the box is durable enough for strolling or is it better suited for parlor/close-up.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Reset takes about 1 second and you can just turn away for that second and you are done .Yes very durable for strolling , hope that helps Gaz 🙂
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Thank you...Gaz, sounds REALLY Good!
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I got this early on as well. It's the best color changing card box I've come across. I prefer to do the change at the end of the routine as Cameron mentioned.
Yarden_Aviv
View Profile
New user
Israel
33 Posts

Profile of Yarden_Aviv
Hey everyone!
My name is Yarden Aviv, the creator of The Blue Illusion.
Thank you all for the nice words, never expected such great response!

I’m here to answer any question you may have.

Thanks again,

Yarden
The new closer to your Ambitious Card routine: Transcend
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Going to definately pick this up pure eye candy ! even the routine is nice !
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The routine supplied is great it’s just you want the box out while you finish the routine for it all to make sense and although it locks that would be risky with grabbing hands . Either do the routine in reverse and pocket the deck and box then or another colour changing deck routine first .
I do like the routine though super simple yet very strong . Brilliant creation by Yarden and something like I have never ever seen before you won’t be disappointed with this one Gaz 🙂
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
I got this early on as well. It's the best color changing card box I've come across. I prefer to do the change at the end of the routine as Cameron mentioned.

same here!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Agreed great effect, pick yours up here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......rk-mason
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
I wonder if there is a way to use this in conjunction with David Regal's "Sudden Deck"? Obviously as Deck Switch would have to take place but how cool would that sequence be!
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Looks very nice. To clarify, before hitting "buy" button, I love the simplicity of Dai Vernon's color changing deck. So, with this box, can one bring out the "blue" deck from the blue box, do the routine to change the deck to red, put the "red" deck halfway?? into the box, change the box to red and put all away?

Does that deck have to be halfway in the box to make the color change?

Thanks much!!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes MSD921 you can do all that for sure .
The deck only has to be in halfway purely to get the weight and momentum for the change .
It’s a great gimmick that works well Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blue Illusion (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL