The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Blue Illusion (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1637 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Anyone who purchased his and is perhaps looking for a color-changing deck routine to go with it, WGM Color-changing Decks is on sale for $4.95.

There are some good routines on the download which could be combined with TBI.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
JoeB01
View Profile
New user
Austria
5 Posts

Profile of JoeB01
Got mine from Penguin. Its quite well made and the box looks really good. Unfortunately the gimmick locks in place only 60 percent of the time..
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Joe,

Just curious when you placed your order, when it was shipped and how long it took for it to arrive in your mailbox.

I ordered mine on Dec 13íth, and am still waiting.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1637 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Try pre-bending the locking **** part prior to the effect. That will help that last part come around and stay when doing the change.

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, JoeB01 wrote:
Got mine from Penguin. Its quite well made and the box looks really good. Unfortunately the gimmick locks in place only 60 percent of the time..
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
JoeB01
View Profile
New user
Austria
5 Posts

Profile of JoeB01
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
Try pre-bending the locking **** part prior to the effect. That will help that last part come around and stay when doing the change.

thanks for the hint!

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Joe,

Just curious when you placed your order, when it was shipped and how long it took for it to arrive in your mailbox.

I ordered mine on Dec 13íth, and am still waiting.

I've ordered it on the 16th december and it arrived one week later Smile
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Blue Illusion is very visual but won't last long. I used it over Christmas for a week and the box is now ripping and looking tatty. It's only cardboard after all and should have been made out of a more durable material for heavy use. Can't keep on buying a new box every month at £30.
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Payner44
I wonder if placing scotch tape along all of the inside folds would extend its life?
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4562 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes definitely a good idea , I do this with all my gimmicks of this nature .
I use invisible magic scotch tape .
Happy New Year to all Gaz 🙂
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have not tried tape on this gimmick although it seems reasonable I am not sure it wouldnít affect the function. I am concerned about the box itself as much as the gimmick. My card boxes age quickly. When I used Little Window, I used to carry it in a little pouch. I think a loose fitting card clip would work as well although all of these ideas limit portability a little. Illusion, did you find using the gimmick or transport caused the wear"?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4562 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I carry all my decks in these prior to the actual pocket load before the gig .
https://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/home-st......box-p102

Little door I think you are referring to I have 10 different force gimmicks and use it every gig . Brilliant quirky effect Gaz 🙂
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Yes. I meant Little Door. Wonderful effect
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Hmmm, VI says this about my preorder:

"A quick note to let you know that your order of Blue Illusion is delayed due to circumstances that are out of our control.

We are working hard to get stock in as soon as possible. Currently, we anticipate stock arriving in about two weeks."
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Finally received blue illusion after all these weeks.

I like it! I really like it!

Iím a cappy hamper!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5141 Posts

Profile of videoman
I repurpose all of the clear plastic boxes that my Card-Shark decks come in whenever I order any. They make very functional and inexpensive deck protectors.
Well, inexpensive if you are placing an order anyway. Smile
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of bosami
All due respect, I have buyers remorse with this. I should have taken my cue from Kaan's review.

I'm sure it's fine for some - but to me, this is way too knacky. Even when you execute the move perfectly - there is audible sound (which is not a deal breaker, for me) but visually - it just doesn't pass muster for my audience.
...forever curious
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4562 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You must be executing wrong and also doing it in a church or library as it works flawlessly and itís self working imho Gaz 🙂
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
You must be executing wrong and also doing it in a church or library as it works flawlessly and itís self working imho Gaz 🙂

There is only one way to execute the trick, it either works or it doesn't. Like I said - I don't really care about the noise - the visual itself is just not convincing enough for me. If it works for you, great. I wouldn't even do this for kids.

Also 'self working' is not really applicable here. That would indicate the magi has virtually nothing to do - and the trick will work. You not only have something to do (a movement) but you MUST do it right or it will fail in front of your spectator. That's not self working to me. You are going to need to practice this motion as there are all kinds of ways one could mess up. Your fingers could get in the way, the loose cards in the deck could slip, you could snap your wrist too hard, not enough, the f**p may fail...there are WAY too many pitfalls to consider this 'self working.'
...forever curious
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4562 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Not in my opinion at all , of course if you donít let go of the flap it wonít work .
Thatís like saying if you pick up up the wrong pile in the 21 card trick it will fail , do you want it to do it magically for you ?
If so itís laughable as you cannot possibly fail with this , itís like sometimes saying you canít take a deck of cards out of the box without sometimes dropping a card .
This is as basic as basic can be it really truly is , I could teach a monkey to do this in 10 minutes and infact even my girlfriend Gaz 🙂
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Not in my opinion at all , of course if you donít let go of the flap it wonít work .
Thatís like saying if you pick up up the wrong pile in the 21 card trick it will fail , do you want it to do it magically for you ?
If so itís laughable as you cannot possibly fail with this , itís like sometimes saying you canít take a deck of cards out of the box without sometimes dropping a card .
This is as basic as basic can be it really truly is , I could teach a monkey to do this in 10 minutes and infact even my girlfriend Gaz 🙂

Smile

I'm not sure your girlfriend would appreciate being compared to a monkey, but that's none of my business. Smile

Either way, mine is going back. Other magi can read our comments and decide for themselves on whether or not to take the plunge for the $$$. There are other nay-sayers on this thread besides me, and they're right regarding the construction of the gimmick as well. I don't think it's going to hold up over time. Just watch Kaan's review and read between the lines. I don't believe he received a faulty gimmick, I think he just knows that the gimmick itself is knacky. He's too kind to throw it under the bus completely.
...forever curious
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4562 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well yeah itís just opinions but to be fair I havenít even seen Kaans review as I didnít need to as I bought this a day before last years Blackpool convention because I had access to the dealers hall a full day before the event when Mark Mason was setting up . I have used this for a year and itís been perfect , yes I always strengthen nearly every gimmick I buy and make it my own from the outset . Its been a great effect and continues to work beautifully for me .
I canít agree with you as then we would both be wrong , but all the very best to you Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Blue Illusion (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL