The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blue Illusion (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Abandoned by Dennis Reinsma & Blue Illusion by Yarden Aviv.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

Yikes. I pre-ordered this and now I'm feeling a little unsure. I have come to trust Kaan's reviews and this one has me concerned about the construction and reliability of the gimmick.
...forever curious
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
If it helps ease some of you I have had this for about a year, it's very durable and constructed very well
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1892 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Abandoned by Dennis Reinsma & Blue Illusion by Yarden Aviv.

Hope it helps Smile

Thanks for the review very helpful!

Best,
Kaan
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1438 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I've had this for about a year as well and have not had any of the issues specified in the review by Kaan. It's worth noting that Mark Mason is awesome about exchanging any of his products that don't work as they should.
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, bosami wrote:

Yikes. I pre-ordered this and now I'm feeling a little unsure. I have come to trust Kaan's reviews and this one has me concerned about the construction and reliability of the gimmick.

Keep in mind that there is a chance that I just may have received a unit that was a little "weaker". Doesn't have to be the case with yours. Even if it is, you are very likely to get it exchanged.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes had mine since February , its extremely durable and you can easily reinforce it if you wanted to anyway .
Kaan must have got a one off duff unit imo , great clever unique gimmick Gaz 🙂
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
I've had this for about a year as well and have not had any of the issues specified in the review by Kaan. It's worth noting that Mark Mason is awesome about exchanging any of his products that don't work as they should.

Excellent. Good to know. Thanks!
...forever curious
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
A bit disappointed this doesn’t come with any cards.
The ad copy says “USPCC Bicycle cards” which lead me to believe it comes with them.
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Just received mine today. I have the same issue as Kaan I believe.
I’ll ask for a replacement.
magic259
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of magic259
This doesn't bode well.....possibly a bad batch!

If Mark is a member, then hopefully he will chip in.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
I really want to buy this, but I'm reluctant to place an order until after all these quality matters have been sorted out.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Has anyone received this yet and willing to give us a review, it looks so good but I’ve been hearing that there a few issues with the build quality which really surprises me because everything I’ve ever purchased from Mark has been top quality. I’ve ordered but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means it will take around 4 weeks to arrive. I’m so looking forward to performing this, I will definitely perform a colour change deck routine first and use the box change as the climax.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1828 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I have it. Its the best color changing box I've seen. No issues with the build quality on mine. Like others have also mentioned, I use it as the finale of my color changing deck routine - I was not a fan of the main routine provided.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes like I have said it’s a brilliant change and my gimmick works flawlessly Gaz 🙂
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
My gimmick works cool and looks good. I would not shove this in the pocket so I am not sure how much use I will get out of it. It is not delicate per say but it is made of cardboard.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I place an elastic band around the centre width when it’s in the blue state in my pocket ( those who have this will know why ) . I also reinforce all gimmicks of this nature with magic invisible tape as soon as I get them .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Good tips Gaz
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pleasure my Café friends , Merry Christmas to you all
Gaz 🙂
PaulW
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of PaulW
Got mine this morning and I am happy with the build, a few issues to manage but none too difficult to resolve.

Like many I am going to ditch the supplied effect and do a deck change followed by the box change, seems more organic and ends on a high, just trying to figure out the best deck change to use.

Vanishing Inc. sell a DVD 'Worlds greatest Magic - Color Changing decks' - which includes:-

Marlo's Color-Changing Deck Routine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttpi-wOL-s&vl=it -
Color-Changing Deck - Harry Lorayne
Color-Changing Deck - Michael Ammar
Color-Changing Deck - Johnny Thompson
Miracolor - Boris Wild
Color Triumphant by Drek Dingle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6eq6p7turI
Color-Changing Deck - John Mendoza

Also check out:-

Slightly Better by Ben Daggers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nODRTkZhc

Color Blind by Matthew Johnson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Uwmd2I218

John Bannon's Strangers Gallery -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5lOzmEWqwc

David Regal's colour Changing deck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-helnO83Qs0

Mystique Color changing deck by David Looseley - https://www.magicshop.co.uk/mystique-col......m=100688

Some are easier than others to track down and some use the gaffed card that comes with the effect ....Anyone got a favorite?
Jon Strum
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Jon Strum
I've received mine, and the quality problems in the gimmick make it unworkable. I can't even place the box flat on a tabletop without construction issues tipping the gaff. Really disappointing. It's going back and I'm wondering if I even want to roll the dice on getting a "good one" as a replacement.
"Do you like card tricks?" he asked.
I said no. He did five.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blue Illusion (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL