The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Gary Plants Bottom Deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
I am looking for information on Gary Plants Bottom Deal. Does any one know if it is written up in any book or other published works?
Mr Pink
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Mr Pink
Gary Plant's bottom deal is, according to a post he made on the Genii Forum, the result of many years of reading everything there is on dealing bottoms. He came up with a deal that works for him (I guess based on all he had read). Years later he read the description of the Artanis Bottom deal and thought it was the closest to hus he had come across. Might be worth checking that out.
Mr Pink
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Mr Pink
Bear in mind it's not actually his deal. It's just close apparently.
ssibal
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of ssibal
Even if he did publish the details, a bottom deal is a very personalized move as the dimensions of his hand/fingers are different than everyone else. I would say that any description is merely a starting point and you will have to make adjustments based on your hands and fingers.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
You can catch some of his deals in action over here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YMaEnGxok
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
So pretty to watch.
ShaunR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of ShaunR
I've been fortunate enough to spend many hours with Gary over the last few years and learnt the deal directly from him... but the information is out there in print.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, ssibal wrote:
Even if he did publish the details, a bottom deal is a very personalized move as the dimensions of his hand/fingers are different than everyone else. I would say that any description is merely a starting point and you will have to make adjustments based on your hands and fingers.
The way I learned every sleight with cards... It took me year(s) to learn a functional bottom deal based on Gene Maze's work, but tailored to my own hands. I'm stupid that way I guess. Some moves take years.
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Genii, December 2001, "Expertalk: Gary Plants on the Bottom Deal."

Yehuda
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Yehuda, I checked that issue and couldn't find it, I'll look again. Even a search turned up nothing.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2020, Tom G wrote:
Yehuda, I checked that issue and couldn't find it, I'll look again. Even a search turned up nothing.

Maybe it's in "Magic" magazine from Dec 2001, not Genii? Ya never know.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
A quick google confirms it, it's from Magic magazine, not Genii.

"Expertalk - Gary Plants on the Bottom Deal" MAGIC, Vol. 11, No. 4, December 2001, pp. 74-75
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Yes, my bad. Sorry about that.

"Expertalk" is a section of Josh Jay's Talk About Tricks column in Magic Magazine.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Yehuda
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I had found it in Magic after searching Genii. Thanks.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Bobby Forbes wrote:
You can catch some of his deals in action over here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YMaEnGxok

I thought his thumb was a strong tell: he pushes off the top card at most half as much when he's dealing bottoms. I just can't not see it...

P!
magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
Ok, I have been slow at locating a copy of MAGIC, Vol. 11, No. 4, December 2001, but I have found and purchased it. I already purchased The Artanis Bottom Deal (Booklet) shortly after it was posted. Thank for the assistance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Gary Plants Bottom Deal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL