We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (232 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..27~28~29 [Next]
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Hopefully they are inexpensive because we can get "similar" ones for 50 cents a die from Amazon.

It's good to leave them "accidentally" after your performance.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The only reason magicians want to leave them now is because they are worried the general public suspect the method . In the last 10 years of performing RD Promystic it’s never ever been questioned . It’s only because everyone is buying these cheap ones now and it’s becoming apparently possibly known main stream that magicians seemed to be worried . I am certainly not as the die is secondary to the overall routine and there is no real focus on it at all Gaz 🙂
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1661 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
When I occasionally give away my (switched) PM Real Die, I say: "Hey, you did really well. Here, take the die, it's my gift, and try practicing at home. You might get pretty good." I hope this builds goodwill and keeps me in people's minds long after the show. Also, of course, it proves the die normal.

I know some mentalists attach the die to their business cards in creative ways and give the whole thing away, as a promotion.

Cheers,
Jerry
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Why would they put the whole emphasis on the die it seems odd to me ? That’s the last thing you should be doing imo Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Why would they put the whole emphasis on the die it seems odd to me ? That’s the last thing you should be doing imo Gaz 🙂

I don't think those that give away a die are neccessarily putting the whole emphasis on it. Jan Forster said that back when used to use an RDR he would give it away in a baggie with his contact info on it, and the die was very incidental in his routine.

Gaz, would you mind sharing some of the ways that you have used your die over the last 10 years?
I think that would be really helpful to a lot of people.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes sure I will write up a couple of routines I use over the weekend . Pm me for details Gaz 🙂 ps Another one I do use is a smash a stab or any object placed under 6 cups and I use a friend in the audience to cube me with the RD in the audience . Obviously you have to use someone you ultimately trust with the smash and stab routine 🙏
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3838 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, jerdunn wrote:
When I occasionally give away my (switched) PM Real Die, I say: "Hey, you did really well. Here, take the die, it's my gift, and try practicing at home. You might get pretty good." I hope this builds goodwill and keeps me in people's minds long after the show. Also, of course, it proves the die normal.

I know some mentalists attach the die to their business cards in creative ways and give the whole thing away, as a promotion.

Cheers,
Jerry

Yes, indeed, I do so since many, many years - but it makes sense in my presentation (I was writing a bit about it here...), and not because I think like a typical magician... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote: Another one I do use is a smash a stab or any object placed under 6 cups and I use a friend in the audience to cube me with the RD in the audience . Obviously you have to use someone you ultimately trust with the smash and stab routine 🙏

That is very dangerous! I can't trust this technology to be 100% reliable or for me to get the reading correct 100% of the time. You are a brave man Gaz!

I use MDMini to do three readings: voice inflection, body language, and vibration. I guess that's similar to the standard performance of Mental Dice. It's a fun routine, but this discussion of having the dice be inconsequential to the routine is interesting. Would you consider the Lunch routine fitting this criteria?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1988 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just started looking at the tutorial and love the lunch routine
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1514 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Just finished the tutorial. I love the lunch routine as well.

Ron
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Purchased Mental Dice yesterday from Alakazam USA (hands down my favorite magic shop, online or otherwise). I just finished watching the tutorial video, which is superb. The routines are great. I, too, love Dream Lunch, though the Book Test, Free Will, and Mental Epic are also fantastic. I cannot wait to have these in my hands!

Alakazam USA still has 8 in stock, and they are expected to ship on Friday, December 20. Duplicate dice are INCLUDED (and additional duplicate dice are available for purchase)!

I hope to post a review as soon as I've had a chance to try these out. Happy Holidays, everyone.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I haven’t seen the Dream lunch routine as I haven’t got these dice .
However I can imagine what the routine involves pretty much so I would say presented well you could take the onus of the dice very easily Gaz 🙂
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of bosami
I'm relatively new to mentalism, but I must admit that to use all three dice at once, without combining into other effects and routines, seems like overkill. I plan to start out using my Mental Dice like so: Roll all three dice in front of the spectator to show that they are not 'loaded.' Then turn your back and instruct them to choose a color and put the other 2 under one cup. With the die they've chosen - they should then roll, observe the number and put under a separate cup. Then, using one of the routines included with 'How to read minds' (Peter Turner / Ellusionist) I will have them choose a man or woman's name and write it down. Lastly, I will have them select and observe a card from a full deck - completely free will selection.

You now have a great setup that deeply involves the spectator(s), and includes 4 predictions / examples of mind-reading, each one more powerful than the previous. You can slowly and deliberately tailor your presentation to focus on your mind reading or personal observation skills to enhance each revelation. Making sure to note to the spectator(s) that each revelation becomes more and more impossible.

Dice color: 1-3 chances
Dice number: 1-6 chances
Card choice: 1-52 chances
Man or woman's name: ???

This makes great use of several routines - and in my opinion, makes each of them stronger than if you were to do them alone. Also - this takes the heat off of the dice, marked cards and billets.
...forever curious
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Marc Edgar wrote:

Alakazam USA still has 8 in stock, and they are expected to ship on Friday, December 20. Duplicate dice are INCLUDED (and additional duplicate dice are available for purchase)!

I can’t find any mention of duplicate dice at Alakazam USA.
Can you provide a link?
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
My set is in route from HP. Looking forward to sharing my magic during the holidays. I have owned the PM dice for years and look forward to these latest innovations. I also ordered the 16mm dice from Amazon for my leave behind give away. Enjoy your holidays.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Received mine from Alakazam (UK) today
I knew this was going to be a good purchase but I was wrong

It is a brilliant purchase and really ticks all the boxes
From the surprise packaging the excellent tutorial and so many great ideas and routines
I am not at all surprised that this has sold out everywhere
Great product at a very realistic price
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, johndevacmaker wrote:
Received mine from Alakazam (UK) today
I knew this was going to be a good purchase but I was wrong

It is a brilliant purchase and really ticks all the boxes
From the surprise packaging the excellent tutorial and so many great ideas and routines
I am not at all surprised that this has sold out everywhere
Great product at a very realistic price

Did you get the matching dice?
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1722 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
As I recall, someone in this thread has already reported that Murphy's expects to offer supplemental products, like matching dice, but apparently nothing like that is available yet-- unless you'd be happy with an almost-matching set from Amazon.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The 16mm dice from Amazon (as linked in this thread) are not what I'd call "almost-matching". The aren't same size, they don't have the same size pips, and (with the White dice at least), the gloss does not match.

The 16mm dice from Amazon only "match" because both are dice and both are white. That's where the similarities end.

Mark
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Hi, all. Check out this offer from Alakazam USA: https://www.alakazamusa.com/product/ment......anverdi/

Looks like a very close match.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (232 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL