The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (237 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, corindaman wrote:
I predict that in five years time, new effects will be on the market which proudly boast “Absolutely no
electronics involved”! Any spectator under the age of forty will be looking for the app or whatever and
will only be perplexed by old fashioned methods.


I think this could be a good prediction, since all these electronic tricks soon will be boring
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1684 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
The “old” methods will definitely remain more secret. And probably also harder to reconstruct, esp. for people who know what can be done with technology nowadays. Which is great for those of us that have spent the time honing those skills. Long live the c***** t***!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3276 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
So I assume that the instructions will be a download? I ordered from Hocus-Pocus, they don't send out the link. Waiting.....lol
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1733 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Tis a download. Password is on inside of the kit's lid.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, corindaman wrote:
I predict that in five years time, new effects will be on the market which proudly boast “Absolutely no
electronics involved”! Any spectator under the age of forty will be looking for the app or whatever and
will only be perplexed by old fashioned methods.


I think this could be a good prediction, since all these electronic tricks soon will be boring


Thing is, it's always been predicted 👍

With this kind of prop, definitely about the presentation and logical use of these things, rather than it being naturally boring...
I've asked to be banned
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Anyone found a suitable case to carry the Dice and Receiver in yet for walk around situations? Don’t really like the idea of keeping them in my pocket
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
16 Posts

Profile of Deignan
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
Anyone found a suitable case to carry the Dice and Receiver in yet for walk around situations? Don’t really like the idea of keeping them in my pocket


To carry the three dice in a special carrying case suggests that the dice are "special" and not ordinary. You might put them into a small pouch with several other dice, and then choose them because they are different colors. You could even reach into the bag and palm the gimmick while "choosing" which dice to use for your effect. After you have the gimmick palmed, empty the pouch, letting the other dice fall onto the table. Just a suggestion.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1684 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Smile Deignan, please check someone’s profile before lecturing him about how to present dice as “ordinary”. Chris is not a newbie...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Opened mine-very impressed and quality is brilliant- 15 minutes and they were fully charged. Mind is whizzing with ideas. Best buy of the year
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1482 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I am loving Mental Dice. It works flawlessly and the ability to turn both the dice and receiver on and off at will makes this ideal for impromptu and walkaround. For the price (in fact, for ANY price) it is incredible.

The range is amazing - much better than Marc Antoine's dice, which I found unreliable unless very close to the receiver. I also much prefer the more practical and deceptive smaller size. They also work perfectly for a couple of sleight of hand dice routines I perform.

Several people have requested a thumper option. This would be very useful when using a single die, but impractical, I think, for two or three.

What I would really like, however, is voice notification for use with an invisible earpiece- e.g., "Red Three, White Six, Blue Five". Ideally, this would be a phone app (needing no Internet connection) that runs in the background (allowing another foreground app such as Inject) and which also works when the phone is locked. Hugo Shelley's Insight has exactly this capability.

I don't know if the Anverdi dice use Bluetooth technology but, if they do, such an app should be straightforward to develop. As Ustaad has said, this would also allow connectivity to a smartwatch.

If the Anverdi dice don't use Bluetooth, it should be technically possible to develop a separate bluetooth adapter that provides the necessary interface between the receiver and the phone.

Finally, another (repeated) request - please move this whole topic downstairs!

Mike
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
I like the immediate response. You can see the numbers changing as the die rolls. I know the number waaay before my guest registers it in mind and utters a word. These dice have incredible creative potential.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2517 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
Anyone found a suitable case to carry the Dice and Receiver in yet for walk around situations? Don’t really like the idea of keeping them in my pocket


Small jewelry box works great.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
706 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2019, Michael Daniels wrote:
I am loving Mental Dice. It works flawlessly and the ability to turn both the dice and receiver on and off at will makes this ideal for impromptu and walkaround. For the price (in fact, for ANY price) it is incredible.

The range is amazing - much better than Marc Antoine's dice, which I found unreliable unless very close to the receiver. I also much prefer the more practical and deceptive smaller size. They also work perfectly for a couple of sleight of hand dice routines I perform.

Several people have requested a thumper option. This would be very useful when using a single die, but impractical, I think, for two or three.

What I would really like, however, is voice notification for use with an invisible earpiece- e.g., "Red Three, White Six, Blue Five". Ideally, this would be a phone app (needing no Internet connection) that runs in the background (allowing another foreground app such as Inject) and which also works when the phone is locked. Hugo Shelley's Insight has exactly this capability.

I don't know if the Anverdi dice use Bluetooth technology but, if they do, such an app should be straightforward to develop. As Ustaad has said, this would also allow connectivity to a smartwatch.

If the Anverdi dice don't use Bluetooth, it should be technically possible to develop a separate bluetooth adapter that provides the necessary interface between the receiver and the phone.

Finally, another (repeated) request - please move this whole topic downstairs!

Mike


I don't think the Anverdi Mental Dice uses Bluetooth. The range is far too great for it to be Bluetooth. In fact, the range is significant enough that I found myself wondering if these things should have FCC certification. Smile

Mark
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:

Small jewelry box works great.

Best

Steve


Yes, I agree. My cuff link or tie tack box are suitable for dice and receiver, and are padded. I have decided to use the box for transporting/storage and not for displaying to my guests. I'll remove the dice from my pocket to bring them into play. For me that worked, today.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4979 Posts

Profile of videoman
Is there anyone who owns these Mental Dice and a large Quiver wallet?
If so, would it comfortably hold 6 of these dice?

I thought I might carry the dice in the Quiver and then it would also afford me an easy switch if I felt so inclined.

I only own the smaller Quiver and that one is too small.
So it would have to be the larger one.
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
One of my early brainstorming ideas was to find a way to combine the dice with the Quiver utility. Had not (yet) thought about transporting and introducing the dice from the Quiver. Thanks for the idea.
BTW: I have the small Quiver, and the dice look quite good rolling out of the the pouch and don't appear "special". In this manner, I have introduced both items and will continue imagining the magical possibilities.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I have both size Quivers but I think if I left the dice in either of them,
it would eventually leave a stretched out dent in the leather.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2517 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, corindaman wrote:
I predict that in five years time, new effects will be on the market which proudly boast “Absolutely no
electronics involved”! Any spectator under the age of forty will be looking for the app or whatever and
will only be perplexed by old fashioned methods.


I think this could be a good prediction, since all these electronic tricks soon will be boring


Thing is, it's always been predicted 👍

With this kind of prop, definitely about the presentation and logical use of these things, rather than it being naturally boring...


I am sitting here reminiscing as I watch Miracle on 34th Street, one of my favorites on one of the great performers and magicians. I was fortunate to have been able to spend time with him at Trade Shows. Interesting he used a lot of electronics and while many knew about it were not only fascinated by it but were fooled and entertained as well. Strangely he was in incredible demand by the biggest companies in the World year after year which speaks well for itself. But he also has the sleight of hand to go along with it. A 50+ year career ain't bad either. So why the story. As magicians we certainly need to try to improve or make a trick our own, but when something works and works well and magicians are having success I think we can do better than be negative. BTW, the gentleman I speak of is the late Del Ray.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
♠️♥️♦️♣️🎲🎲

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, corindaman wrote:
I predict that in five years time, new effects will be on the market which proudly boast “Absolutely no
electronics involved”! Any spectator under the age of forty will be looking for the app or whatever and
will only be perplexed by old fashioned methods.


I think this could be a good prediction, since all these electronic tricks soon will be boring


“Soon be”? LOL!
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
16 Posts

Profile of Deignan
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:lol: Deignan, please check someone’s profile before lecturing him about how to present dice as “ordinary”. Chris is not a newbie...


There is a distinct difference between lecturing and suggesting. I see that you have only been on the Café for two years, so I'll let your rude comment slide. One of the main purposes of this forum is to give assistance, in any form, to other magicians. I offered a suggestion to Chris, because he asked a question. You don't ask questions if you don't want answers. By the way, Mr. Anonymous (aka Unmasked Magician), I've been on this forum for over 17 years and know how to check a profile. Merry Christmas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (237 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL