The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (233 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26..28~29~30 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Vibration receiver for only ONE die in play. Shouldn't be a problem at all IMO. Smile


I think you missed Mark's point. Read the first line here carefully:

https://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tony_Anverdi

:)

BTW, the info at that link states that Murphy's Magic purchased the rights to Anverdi's catalog of effects in September 2010. I don't know if Marc Antoine created his Mental Dice with Murphy's Magic's blessing but, it sure does appear that Murphy's has been the rights holder for almost a decade.

Mark
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I think the point is Tony has passed on so.

And that point I’m actually curious as to who did the engineering on this?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2536 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

BTW, the info at that link states that Murphy's Magic purchased the rights to Anverdi's catalog of effects in September 2010. I don't know if Marc Antoine created his Mental Dice with Murphy's Magic's blessing but, it sure does appear that Murphy's has been the rights holder for almost a decade.

Mark

Did the other electronic die sellers get Murphy's blessing?
Did Murphy's get Antoine's blessing to copy his idea? (three different colored die with visual receiver)? Anverdi's was a single, large die in a black box.

Why did this really take so long to come out? The tech has been there. Rechargeable RD has been around for a while. China is spitting them out. Just make them different colors.
The Ad copy is a bunch of BS.

oh, and on the demo the first thing the spectators say is "What's special about these dice?" (or close)

Other than that, can't wait to get mine!
s
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4805 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
I think the point is Tony has passed on so.

And that point I’m actually curious as to who did the engineering on this?


Haven’t had time to watch Murphy’s video but I quickly skimmed through it and I think they may discuss the person behind it. I could be wrong though but it’s worth checking out the video.

I agree with Ustaad's point though, a thumper will probably be a follow up add on product at some point in the future (even if it’s not created by Anverdi himself.)
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1501 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Like a few others have said, this looks great.... if you have a need for 3 different dice. For me, at the moment, I don’t and i’ve been very happy with my rdr from craig. As drew points out, a non visual cue is far superior, at least for my uses as I can look where it matters, at the spectator, or have someone blindfold me, etc. In a cocktail hour setting, in a dimly lit room, the last thing I want to be doing is orchestrating a “moment” to get a peek that could be noticed by someone else. I’m sure it could be done if needed, but for my uses, a physical cue will always win out. On stage, definitely less of an issue if the routine you have in mind needs 3 different colored dice then I say go for it.

I will say, though, i’ve used 2 different colored dice from craig on a physical cue on the same thumper and it was super easy. However to concede, 3 would require two thumpers and would definitely be significantly more challenging. (i’m imagining here as i’ve never needed 3 dice)

I think this is a great budget option by the looks of it. I will stick with craig’s perfect solution Smile

-Eli
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
While I love PM's take on this and I still use it, I find it quite amusing to say that a non-visual queue is far superior when as mentalists, we have made an art from using all sorts of peeks and we continue to explore this technique. A visual cue that takes 2 seconds is much better in my opinion a non-visual cue that takes 10+ seconds in certain contexts. It is all in how one routines it and what are the requirements for the particular performance piece.

Another issue I see here is the 3 dice complaint. David Kenney already illustrated few uses and the cool thing with 3 dice, is that one has more options compared to one.

For me, I love having options and this looks great. The only thing they need to match with this release is Craig's excellent customer service (along with reliability) which is why people keep going back to PM.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
429 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
To the silly argument of Marc Antoine being the originator of the three dice version;

If someone has the rights for one die, then they have the rights for infinite dice.
BUT
Those who have zero rights for zero dice, they can’t have any.

MP
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4805 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:


Carry a single die and borrow a coin, place the coin face up on the table and turn your back.

Tell the spectator to roll the dice and whatever number they land on to imagine the coin flipping over - heads and tails that many number of times.

Once they are ready tell them to "just think" would the imaginary coin that exists only in their mind be face up or face down.

And you reveal their thoughts....



For a seemingly simple effect, this has to be the most complicated use of this device that I’ve ever heard of. I can’t imagine trying to give instructions for that to a spec and how many of them are going to get it wrong if they roll a number larger than 3. Then even if everything goes right you’ve taken a 1 in 6 trick and turned it into a 1 in 2 trick.
Oh wait, I just got it, that was a joke. I’m really slow tonight. Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, Anverdi-museum wrote:
It was a blast taking part in filming if the video with Murphy's Magic, I am very pleased to work with such professionals. Just incase you did not have a chance to see this, here it is:


https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xnwstql7pzlsf......mp4?dl=0


Chuck Caputo


Thanks, Chuck! Say, did anyone at Murphy's mention the idea of providing a vibration/thumper receiver in the future?

Mark
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Impressed with Penguin. Ordered last night, got my tracking by FedEx and it'll be with me Thursday by 12pm. So far, I'm about 30 quid up savings wise...let's see if I dodge import duty..
I've asked to be banned
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
543 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I wonder what sort of lifespan these will have. I guess only time will tell.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2209 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
From what Murphy's told me - they have owned the rights to the ANVERDI collection for years even during times when others were selling his ideas

The lifespan on these dice is anyone's guess, I asked Murphy's that same question and the answer I was given was "forever." The amount of performances per single charge is actually much higher than what is advertised.

Just got through watching the teaching video last night - it's just pushing two hours long. I'll have a screen shot of the full menu in my review later today
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Can dice be used for Which Hand effect (with PK ring on performers hand)? Do they react when are close to magnet as other similar dice from different manufacturers?
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, UniPeek, eXact ESP and Love Connection.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys –

Patrick from Murphy’s here.
Thanks for all your great comments! I wanted to address any confusion that may be out there pertaining to the Anverdi rights.

Murphy’s Magic has owned the rights for around a decade. No one had asked us for permission to produce any of Anverdi’s products. In return, we have never asked (or received) any compensation whatsoever from anyone making them.

Our mission was not only to put out the best product, but to give credit where credit is due. I was very surprised at how many people did not know Tony Anverdi had invented the following electronic products; MENTAL DICE, COLOR MATCH, SPIRIT BELL, TALKING SKULL, CARD BOX, KEY BOX, etc. The man was a genius and deserves all the credit...

We all hope you enjoy the new Mental Dice by Tony Anverdi!

P
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Please do a talking skull!
I've asked to be banned
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4095 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, paw wrote:
Hey Guys –

Patrick from Murphy’s here.
Thanks for all your great comments! I wanted to address any confusion that may be out there pertaining to the Anverdi rights.

Murphy’s Magic has owned the rights for around a decade. No one had asked us for permission to produce any of Anverdi’s products. In return, we have never asked (or received) any compensation whatsoever from anyone making them.

Our mission was not only to put out the best product, but to give credit where credit is due. I was very surprised at how many people did not know Tony Anverdi had invented the following electronic products; MENTAL DICE, COLOR MATCH, SPIRIT BELL, TALKING SKULL, CARD BOX, KEY BOX, etc. The man was a genius and deserves all the credit...

We all hope you enjoy the new Mental Dice by Tony Anverdi!

P


Quick question, why was the original Murphy's release under Marc Antoine instead of Tony Anverdi? I mean, doesn't matter either way since you guys own the rights for Mental Dice but was just curious.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

Quick question, why was the original Murphy's release under Marc Antoine instead of Tony Anverdi? I mean, doesn't matter either way since you guys own the rights for Mental Dice but was just curious.


Marc Antoine produces his version of Mental Dice and, for some period of time, he provided them to Murphy's Magic to distribute. According to a post that Marc made (last night) at his Facebook Group (for Dody Magic products), he no longer provides his Mental Dice to Murphy's Magic for distribution. He has been selling directly to magic dealers that wish to carry his product and, of course, selling it on his own website.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, paw wrote:
Hey Guys –

Patrick from Murphy’s here.
Thanks for all your great comments! I wanted to address any confusion that may be out there pertaining to the Anverdi rights.

Murphy’s Magic has owned the rights for around a decade. No one had asked us for permission to produce any of Anverdi’s products. In return, we have never asked (or received) any compensation whatsoever from anyone making them.

Our mission was not only to put out the best product, but to give credit where credit is due. I was very surprised at how many people did not know Tony Anverdi had invented the following electronic products; MENTAL DICE, COLOR MATCH, SPIRIT BELL, TALKING SKULL, CARD BOX, KEY BOX, etc. The man was a genius and deserves all the credit...

We all hope you enjoy the new Mental Dice by Tony Anverdi!

P


ANY chance that Murphy's will produce a vibration/thumper receiver to work with Anverti Mental Dice?

Mark
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4095 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

Quick question, why was the original Murphy's release under Marc Antoine instead of Tony Anverdi? I mean, doesn't matter either way since you guys own the rights for Mental Dice but was just curious.


Marc Antoine produces his version of Mental Dice and, for some period of time, he provided them to Murphy's Magic to distribute. According to a post that Marc made (last night) at his Facebook Group (for Dody Magic products), he no longer provides his Mental Dice to Murphy's Magic for distribution. He has been selling directly to magic dealers that wish to carry his product and, of course, selling it on his own website.

Mark


Ah, gotcha. They must have a good relationship then since Murphy's is not barking at Marc's door because they own the rights. Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Penguin Magic's site shows they are down to just 2 sets in stock. Some retailers are apparently already sold out.

I spoke with Hocus-Pocus this morning to make sure I placed my order before they sold out. Mine will ship today and he said they have about 20 sets left in stock. He said they ordered several hundred sets, so they've sold a ton of them.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (233 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL