We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (232 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..13..16..19..22..25..27~28~29 [Next]
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
417 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, M Pitcher wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Rainer - ParaLabs wrote:
Why did Murphy’s publish the videos unprotected?
In my opinion they are destroying business for a lot magicians and mentalists.
It’s a secret worth nothing?
The video is telling also the biggest idiot that the dice is sending signals....
Time for new secret products from fair creator....

Do you mean password protected like this?
https://www.paralabs-shop.com/en/parawallet-paralabs.html
Shame for describing what the trick does and that it allows you to get a peek and talks about perk wallets.
I see double standards.
You haven’t password protected your website and you are expecting a wholesaler that sells through thousands of dealers to password protect everybody’s shop?
MP
You mean the donkey and beat the sack. German Saying

See https://www.paralabs-shop.com/en/
=========================
Paralabs
Welcome to PARALABS!

In cooperation with the most creative minds of the mentalist scene, we have taken over the distribution of PARALABS-articles. We also offer you selected props in the field ODER area of mental magic. In the new PARALABS Store beginners, as well as professionals will find everything that the heart of mental magic desires.
And if you can't find what you are looking for, we will try to get it for you.
The PREVIOUS OWNERS Thomas Heine and Rainer Mees, on the other hand, will concentrate on creating new works of art, so that you will always be supplied with new and unusual effects.

Have fun reading thoughts and having second sight.

Robert Fislage & Carsten Risse
================================

Wer lesen kann, ist klar I'm Vorteil! Those who can read have a clear advantage! German saying
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 172 A4-pages * version 3.40
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, videoman wrote:
I owned an RD from PM for a while but recently sold it because I was on a search for a visual readout. I’m sure I am in the minority (heck, I may be the only one) but I had a lot of trouble with reading the vibrations. The routine I would perform most often would involve 3 or 4 people and I almost always get one specs number wrong. It would be a large number and because I got the others all correct it still went over really well with a great impact. But it would bug the heck out of me when it happened so I felt no choice but to go visual.

For a single die in play, the PM style of signaling I think is perfectly adequate. Gets really messy when you're trying to get a read on more than 1 dice though.

As for your routine that you used the RD for, did you ever try to come up with a memory system to keep track of which spectator picked which number? Something along the lines of how Colin keeps track of responses from a line of spectators on stage he's doing Tequila Hustler for? His suggestion in the TH book addresses the exact issue you've encountered.

No, but I think you may have misunderstood me. There was no need to keep track of which spectator picked which number because I performed to each spec separately one after the other. But I have the TH book so I’ll check it out. Thanks!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
What about replacement dice if one is lost, stolen or defective ... ?

Is immediate replacement of each colour guaranteed and if so, what are the costs ?

Can three white, blue or red cubes also be used - two of which are inconspicuously marked ?
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, DrewBstoss wrote:
These do look quite nice (and I'm not all that big on using tech).

Though, the execution of this feels quite similar to a recent kickstarter campaign that I've seen... "GoDice" I believe. Is this sort of tech becoming a little to integrated into the public awareness?

My other qualm concerns the visual display. I recognize that this is the most efficient means to show multiple numbers simultaneously but I feel something a little more subtle (similar to that used by PM) to be superior because there's no need to SEE anything.

I'm just musing out loud here so I'm not strongly for or against this release... Maybe I'm overthinking things.

Best,

Drew

GoDice = game over for electronic Mentalism (dice in particular)
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Like a few others have said, this looks great.... if you have a need for 3 different dice. For me, at the moment, I don’t and i’ve been very happy with my rdr from craig. As drew points out, a non visual cue is far superior, at least for my uses as I can look where it matters, at the spectator, or have someone blindfold me, etc. In a cocktail hour setting, in a dimly lit room, the last thing I want to be doing is orchestrating a “moment” to get a peek that could be noticed by someone else. I’m sure it could be done if needed, but for my uses, a physical cue will always win out. On stage, definitely less of an issue if the routine you have in mind needs 3 different colored dice then I say go for it.

I will say, though, i’ve used 2 different colored dice from craig on a physical cue on the same thumper and it was super easy. However to concede, 3 would require two thumpers and would definitely be significantly more challenging. (i’m imagining here as i’ve never needed 3 dice)

I think this is a great budget option by the looks of it. I will stick with craig’s perfect solution Smile

-Eli

Why is it not occurring to people that if a company can release a three dice version with a display for $300, how hard would it be to offer a one die version with thumper (which is a cheaper device than display)? Electronic mentalism is doomed and I’m happy for it to be.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2529 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Robb wrote:

Why is it not occurring to people that if a company can release a three dice version with a display for $300, how hard would it be to offer a one die version with thumper (which is a cheaper device than display)? Electronic mentalism is doomed and I’m happy for it to be.

maybe I'm not understanding you, but it's already out there:
https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/mental-die/
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:

maybe I'm not understanding you, but it's already out there:

My perception of his statement was more on the cheaper side. 200$ for one dice and a thumper option, in my mind was not the kind of pricing he was referencing when he said cheaper. I can see someone offering a similar version for way cheaper like go-cube/go-dice. It’s always nice when I can save money. However, at this moment, I’m ok having spent 300$ for what I got. As soon as they make a smart watch compatible peek, I think it’s make others happy. It’s simple now and I like it that way.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2529 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, the Sponge wrote:

My perception of his statement was more on the cheaper side. 200$ for one dice and a thumper option, in my mind was not the kind of pricing he was referencing when he said cheaper.

Ah. Well, it is cheaper elsewhere, I just didn't post it.
Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Mines arrived just now. Very impressed. Will have a play tonight. What I will say though, is that the dice look great and importantly have the same click-clack sound when shook. My concern was they'd sound hollow or odd.

I ordered a set probably within a couple hours of when you did and I’m located a few hundred miles from Penguin/Murphy's and mine is supposed to arrive Saturday. So I presume you upgraded to something speedier than the free shipping I opted for?

It usually takes 10 to 14 days for me to receive an item I ordered from the UK.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Regarding getting vibrations from 3 different dice, it can be matter of using a tilt switches unit which allows you to tilt your hand secretly to give you reading from a given dice (for example horizontal is the red dice,left tilt is for the white and right tilt is for the blue one) . But personally I prefer the visual display because it is instant and silent .
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am wondering how durable the dice are. Imagine spectators rolling the dice off the table unto a hard floor. How durable is the inside?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
IMO, the added vibration option will be a good and useful feature. It's an important requirement. However vibration option will be more practical and effective for just ONE die and not for all three Dice.

Also IMO, with a slight modification to the existing visual display unit, the one Die vibration feature can be easily incorporated in the same visual indication module with a tiny/micro selector switch. No need to have a separate vibration/thumper unit.

Are we looking forward to Ver2.0 in the offering? Smile Or Ver3.0 with added Bluetooth connectivity to a Watch? Smile Making it 'More Options' to your disposal. Smile

Just MY thoughts please.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I won’t be surprised if Murphy’s introduces additional Anverdi items in the future. Conversely, I will be surprised if Murphy’s does not release a vibration/thumper unit for their Mental Dice.

Mark
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
158 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
I won’t be surprised if Murphy’s introduces additional Anverdi items in the future. Conversely, I will be surprised if Murphy’s does not release a vibration/thumper unit for their Mental Dice.

Mark

Based on this link, I would agree: https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi_products/
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Chollet wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark

Based on this link, I would agree: https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi_products/

Gee, what a surprise! Smile

So, assuming Murphy's does a vibration/thump receiver for Anverdi Mental Dice... Won't it be interesting if the vibration/thumper receiver also works with the forthcoming Anverdi Color Match? Smile

Mark
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Of ever we need a reminder that the mental state of consumerism is alive and well in magicians, just read this thread...

Out two days or so and already a load of magicians want more, more, more...thumper, 2.0, 3.0...

Whatever happened to enjoying what you have right now and coming up with routines and presentations other than roll a die, I know the number, thanks very much...

The constant fever of buying the next thing...it'll consume everything...

Enjoy what you have right now...
I've asked to be banned
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
417 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Rainer - ParaLabs wrote:
Picture in the attachment.
I have the whole scripts available.
HCS can tell more about ;-)...
Electric based tricks like Talking Skull, Spirit Bell, Death Hand of Monte Christo, Skull Calgiostro dates back to the 19th century. For example, the Austrian August Böhm, aka Chevalier Gustav Agoston (1826-1897), presented these tricks at the latest 1882 in his shows.
At the Internation MZvD Magic Convention in September 1938 in Frankfort-on-Main Herbert-Martin Paufler referred over the new possibilities of radio-controlled tricks (!). In Magie November 1938, he published "Troll, der Wunderschädel (Troll - the miraculous skull)” with remote controll.
In 1974 he published any of his different mental dice story creations in all (!) details in the East German magic magazine Zauberkunst. The electronic logic theory he credited to his friend the Czech Zdenék Stáhlavs of Prague. Paufler could see the result of up to 15 m aways. He mostly didn't announce the result; the die points were projected into a display looking like a moon or a Pharao.

Paufler was (and still is) well known in the informed international magicians' community since the 1960s.

I don't have the feeling that anyone in that thread is really interested in the magic history here.
Stinginess is horny!
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 172 A4-pages * version 3.40
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, paw wrote:

I agree, How many have credited Anverdi... the Originator..

As we’ve already found out, Anverdi isn’t the originator.

Now that it is quite clear that Tony Anverdi is not the original creator of an electronic dice used for magic/mentalism purpose, we can now happily put this issue to rest.

OK, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, the thought of creating a completely sealed miniature (16mm size) electronic Dice with a built-in rechargeable battery was first brought to us by Craig Filicetti of Promystic.

For quite some time nobody could beat the fully sealed dice with a built-in rechargeable battery by Promystic. Then Marc Antoine brought to us the 3 Dice version which could read the 3 dice simultaneously on a 3 digit digital readout. However, IMO, Marc Antoine's fully sealed dice is a copy of Craig's idea.

Now comes the 3 Dice version from Murphy's with a name stamp of Anverdi. By now we all know that this version is a copy of Promystic and DodyMagic. Won't it be prudent for us to ask Murphy's as to why Promystic and DodyMagic were not credited? Rather, on the contrary, Paw from Murphy's was insisting that others should credit Anverdi - I ask for WHAT?

IMO such hypocrisy from a giant distributor of magic props (Murphy's) must not be taken for granted. Rather I feel that Promystic and DodyMagic don't only deserve to be credited but they both need to be suitably compensated by Murphy's Magic for their intellectual creations.

Just my thoughts please.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1988 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Please don't! That sounds sooooo complicated... It's nice and simple at the moment...

Very impressed with this kit, apart from part of the packaging which I thought was over the top and unnecessary and would have added to the price too no doubt...

But the quality and workings are spot on...well played...

Yes, agreed
Adam Meier
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Quote:

GoDice = game over for electronic Mentalism (dice in particular)

Quote:

Maybe one day you will be experienced enough to understand that it is not about the props but the presentation. With the right presentation people will have no clue. Electronic or non-electronic does not matter. And I guarantee you, electronic mentalism is here to stay and will only expand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (232 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..13..16..19..22..25..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL