We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (232 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17..20..23..26..27~28~29 [Next]
Mindipulator
View Profile
New user
Mexico
97 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
For anyone performing the Dream Lunch routine here is a link you may find useful.

http://www.fakereceipt.us/sales_receipt.php

Dale
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
One thing I forgot to mention... In my photos (and in Murphy's videos and photos), the center digit on the receiver (for the White die) appears to be a light blue color. In person, the digit is actually very close to white. It maybe has a slight tinge of blue giving it a little bit of an off-white color. But at a casual glance it just appears to be white. The videos and photos aren't accurate with regard to the color of that center digit.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Magicalos wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
With my one real die from Promystic nearly 10 years old now and never ever failed I give an exact matching die away at the end so there is not a chance they think itís
electronic .
Also itís not these massively bright colours which donít look as regular to me so I prefer mine all day long .
Also less is more so using 3 dice is guilding the lily a bit me thinks . If you can do it with one of course you can do it with three .
Also mine works 100 ft away and is probably my single best investment in magic Gaz 🙂

no offense but that's also 899$ for one die, this was under 300$ for three and you can use 1,2,or 3 of them at any given time.... that's a good idea to give away matching die/dice depending on what trick you are using these with!!, which for the dream lunch effect you could give away the receipt and a matching die....while these work good from 30 ish feet (i havent tested mine yet) but are you really going to go 100 feet away for a trick?...again not trying to bust your balls or anything here....

I bought mine for £400 from Craig in 2009 and trust me it has paid for itself 40 fold plus , so was the bargain of the last decade for me . I have 5 gigs coming up in the next 3 weeks which will again pay for itself another 3 times . No regrets I smashed this technology early doors and have loved every second of it Gaz 🙂
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Anverdi Mental Dice looks like the perfect accessory for mentalists and magicians alike. And since you could easily find similar dice at very low cost for giveaways, it might be the perfect prop for clowns too! Smile
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
128 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
I donīt think it matters most from which company and how whatever the dices are... the most important is, that you create a routine in which they are nothing more than a very normal and unsuspicious way to create random numbers. as soon the audiance sees, that they give different results with different runs, the heat is of. after three "test throws", every spectator accepts that nobody can know which numbers the dice show.
in my opinion, simply naming the results at this point is wrong and un-magical. rather, a routine must follow in which the magician uses his advantage in knowledge.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with the above post 100% Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
I really like Mark's cup and dice routine and had planned on doing something very similar so I will add another kicker folks can either use or not.

Show a folded note at the outset and say that this will come into play shortly, then place it into your pocket or drop it into a 4th plastic cup, or leave it in full view. If you have a Vision Box or anything similar then you use that if you like.

Then perform Markís routine as per his description.

Finally, for the unexpected kicker call attention to the folded paper (which by now everyone will have forgotten about) and unfold it to show a single number, which wonít have any immediate connection to what has just happened but you quickly point out that the total of the 3 dice add up to this number and if a even a single die had landed differently it would have created a completely different total. Because this folded paper was shown before the whole thing even began it should add an additional layer of mystery.

There are many ways to accomplish this from swami gimmicks to double writing to indexes so Iíll leave it to you to determine ďyour favorite methodĒ should you care to add this extra kicker, which isnít necessary at all but I have a fondness for an extra kicker and others may also. Especially in this case where you are repeating the effects 3 times so everyone knows what to expect and can see it coming so itís nice to throw in an unexpected curveball at the end.

Also, instead of having the spectator handle each die and cup the same, I would probably mix it up a bit and perhaps have them turn over the 1st cup quickly without seeing the die, the 2nd they turn the cup quickly but then peek at the die, the 3rd time they place whichever number they like facing up and cover it with the cup. IMO doing things slightly differently each time just leads them further down the garden path.

Or feel free to ignore this post completely which is perfectly fine too because these dice are capable of dong so many great things regardless.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1085 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Why would we ignore your post?
This is awesome!!! In that youíre adding (pun!!) to and thinking of ways to improve or add to.
This is why I love and appreciate the Cafť.

If we donít think your idea will work for us, itís ok too.

Thank you for contributing.

Keep the magic going!!!
Bluether Magic
View Profile
New user
China
5 Posts

Profile of Bluether Magic
Just received mine today. I tested its signal and it have further distance than Promysticís.
dis
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Videoman and kickers are great but I respectfully disagree that if a single die had landed differently it would create a totally different total ?
Take a total of 9 for just one example , 621 , 531, 522 , 432 , 414 , 333 so one different die doesnít mean the total figure will be different unless I am being very Blonde as usual so forgive me if thatís the case Gaz 🙂
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
If a single die land differently, the total is different, if two dies land differently, the result could be the same Smile

So Videoman's statement is correct
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Bluether Magic wrote:
Just received mine today. I tested its signal and it have further distance than Promysticís.
dis

You definitely will not from the original Promystic real die ( moulded in battery version ) unless you can beat 100ft including going through 2 to 3 walls Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Ha, yeah Mike, donít ignore me!
I only made that half-joking comment because I was just spit balling and have never actually performed it, I wasnít sure I explained it that well, and I wasnít sure I even liked it myself. So just throwing it out there and if you like it then use it. But pretty sure thatís the direction I will go in once I get the details worked out. But I have to check out that lunch routine too, it sounds pretty awesome.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Ypnoze wrote:
If a single die land differently, the total is different, if two dies land differently, the result could be the same Smile

I disagree if you are making a bold statement that the total will be 9 there are lots of combinations of this . To me thatís not a kicker the first reveal is infact stronger .
If you said they will total 9 consisting of a red 2 , a blue 4 and a black 3 then that is a kicker imo Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
I agree Videoman and kickers are great but I respectfully disagree that if a single die had landed differently it would create a totally different total ?
Take a total of 9 for just one example , 621 , 531, 522 , 432 , 414 , 333 so one different die doesnít mean the total figure will be different unless I am being very Blonde as usual so forgive me if thatís the case Gaz 🙂

Not everything we as magicians say is absolutely true as Iím sure you are well aware Gaz. It just has to sound plausible enough that our suckers, oops, I mean spectators, will buy it. 🤥
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Quote:
Quote:

I disagree if you are making a bold statement that the total will be 9 there are lots of combinations of this . To me thatís not a kicker the first reveal is infact stronger .
If you said they will total 9 consisting of a red 2 , a blue 4 and a black 3 then that is a kicker imo Gaz 🙂

I'm not judging if the kicker is strong or not, I'm just saying that the statement that if one die had landed differently, the result would be different is correct
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I do agree with you Videoman but I am sure there is a much stronger kicker to be had if you are going to all the trouble of switching in a prediction thatís all Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3731 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not judging if the kicker is strong or not, I'm just saying that the statement that if one die had landed differently, the result would be different is correct

Yes you are quite right , however I think you know the point I am making .
Itís implied that there was only one chance of reaching that total but itís obvious there are many permutations .
Iím sure it would fly but I can think of better ways of leading them down the garden path and then smashing them over the head with a really big finish Gaz 🙂
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, videoman wrote:
Not everything we as magicians say is absolutely true...

That statement is most definitely true! Smile

For the right crowd in the right situation, I could see myself saying something like... "I had to dig through all of my kid's board games to find dice that were different colors." Smile

Mark
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
The tangents that folks can go off on, it astonishes me sometimes. Some people just like to muddy the waters arguing semantics while missing the larger point entirely.

I was trying to take the excellent idea that Mark shared and try to move it forward. It wasnít intended to start a poll about who liked it or didnít. The idea was for others to take the ball and run with it and share their thoughts. Simply saying there are loads of stronger things doesnít help anyone if you donít elaborate.

But I think again you are missing the point Gaz, that this total is written before any dice are rolled. Itís reason for existence is to further help alleviate any thoughts that you could be receiving a signal from the dice in the unlikely event that anyone were to think that. The fact that there are different ways to reach that same total doesnít make much difference IMO, but if you think it does then you could also include red-2, blue-6, etc. which you kind of suggested unintentionally.
But no matter now anyway, the moment has passed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (232 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17..20..23..26..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL