The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (226 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..27~28~29 [Next]
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Marc Edgar wrote:

Alakazam USA still has 8 in stock, and they are expected to ship on Friday, December 20. Duplicate dice are INCLUDED (and additional duplicate dice are available for purchase)!

I can’t find any mention of duplicate dice at Alakazam USA.
Can you provide a link?

Here you go: https://www.alakazamusa.com/product/ment......anverdi/
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1953 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I haven’t seen the Dream lunch routine as I haven’t got these dice .
However I can imagine what the routine involves pretty much so I would say presented well you could take the onus of the dice very easily Gaz 🙂

Yes, Gaz, this is one reason I like it, only uses one dice and it's just part of the presentation, so no heat really
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I haven’t seen the Dream lunch routine as I haven’t got these dice .
However I can imagine what the routine involves pretty much so I would say presented well you could take the onus of the dice very easily Gaz 🙂

Yes, Gaz, this is one reason I like it, only uses one dice and it's just part of the presentation, so no heat really

Absolutely. One of the best things about Dream Lunch is that it is not focused on the dice.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
The 16mm dice from Amazon (as linked in this thread) are not what I'd call "almost-matching". The aren't same size, they don't have the same size pips, and (with the White dice at least), the gloss does not match.

The 16mm dice from Amazon only "match" because both are dice and both are white. That's where the similarities end.

Mark

Ahh, but those are indeed the most important similarities. 😀

Yes, they’re obviously different if you scrutinize them side by side but that is not how they should be viewed by your spectators.
Add a little misdirection and a bit of time delay and I would have no worries pulling off an undetected switch. But YMMV.
Besides, if your specs are that suspicious of the dice as to examine them so closely then there may be something else going on.
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
I agree, close is good enough for me. I use a die as a giveaway (trick). Not sure of the name of the effect, but you show front and back with hot rod flip, then slow turn and different number appears. This will generate a suitable time delay and results in my giveaway. Excited that my Magic Dice is tracking to arrive today.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Well mine have arrived and am just home from a business trip to Germany and I am waiting to have dinner before I open the box - just like Christmas Eve
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, Willie mcgregor wrote:
Well mine have arrived and am just home from a business trip to Germany and I am waiting to have dinner before I open the box - just like Christmas Eve

Happy early Christmas Eve. Counting on mine today.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
AFA giveaway dice, it should soon be a moot point anyway according to Patrick at Murphy’s.
I’m curious what Murphy’s has done to distinguish them from the gaffed dice. Could be a subtle marking, shape difference, or even a difference in weight I suppose.

But I really hope they do a thumper soon too. I would like the added option of that. It would be great for a which hand routine. Oops, forgot, that’s probably putting too much heat on the dice again. 😀
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I really don’t get the giving away dice why ?
Totally not needed in my opinion
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Are the dice included with Mental Dice 10mm or 8mm?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Are the dice included with Mental Dice 10mm or 8mm?

I didn't use a caliper but eyeballing it with a ruler I measured an Anverdi Mental Die at approximately 16.5mm. It might actually be 16.25mm or so. My die is ABSOLUTELY larger than the 15.8mm listed on Murphy's site.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, videoman wrote:
AFA giveaway dice, it should soon be a moot point anyway according to Patrick at Murphy’s.
I’m curious what Murphy’s has done to distinguish them from the gaffed dice. Could be a subtle marking, shape difference, or even a difference in weight I suppose.

But I really hope they do a thumper soon too. I would like the added option of that. It would be great for a which hand routine. Oops, forgot, that’s probably putting too much heat on the dice again. 😀

I use Flux and a garden pebble for which hand.

Mark
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

I use Flux and a garden pebble for which hand.

Mark

So do I actually. Except my “pebble” is an Oracle stone with a YES and NO carved into opposite sides. You can get them online to help with decision making, kind of like flipping a coin but much more fun and interesting (well, that’s what I tell them anyway.). And my routine revolves around decision making so it makes sense.

But having a cueing device you can feel from a distance would be beneficial IMO and allow for an extra lead-in phase before your mental dice routine should you wish to add it.

But I didn’t mean to imply that a Which Hand routine would be the only reason I would like a thumper addition.
It would make the set more versatile and the idea of mixing methods by getting your cues by both sight and feel has the possibility of canceling out each method which has the potential of adding further mystery to it, as well times you may choose to use the thumper alone.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3674 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Agreed if it had a thumper too I would buy it .
My Promystic RD is still going strong and it’s the thumper I love about it the most .
Having both options though would be a big win win imo Gaz 🙂
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I wlll be very very surprised if Murphy's doesn't release a thumper.

Mark
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
I wlll be very very surprised if Murphy's doesn't release a thumper.

Mark

I agree Mark, I’d be both surprised and bummed.
But I think because it would be so simple to add at this point and they’d really be missing the boat if they didn’t, that I am pretty certain they will.

But from a business standpoint I can understand that they would want to let initial sales die down before they juice it again.
Kenco
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Kenco
If they do decide to put out a thumper I would hope they take in consideration those who already purchased it prior and get a discount for that addition. Hear us out Murphy!!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
A discount would be nice but I just hope they would make it compatible with the current set of dice.

Be interesting to see though if they would attempt to make it so it would work with 3 dice simultaneously. My guess is that won’t happen.
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
Received my dice today. Very impressive technology with great creative potential. Quality materials and good instructional guidance. This will be fun. Happy with my purchase.
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of corindaman
I predict that in five years time, new effects will be on the market which proudly boast “Absolutely no electronics involved”! Any spectator under the age of forty will be looking for the app or whatever and will only be perplexed by old fashioned methods.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (226 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL