The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (226 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26~27~28~29 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
But wasn’t the magnet in an attractive wooden box in order to turn on/off originally Craig Filicetti's idea?

Of course, if you research hard enough I’m sure someone had the idea 60 years ago.
In fact, there are no doubt drawings by cavemen on the walls of a cave somewhere showing this box idea.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3674 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Magic Mark is a lovely helpful fella but he is like about a year or a decade behind everyone else it would now seem Gaz 🙂
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2020, Michael Daniels wrote:
The ORIGINAL attractive wooden box has the magnetic pad built into its base (I bought this at Blackpool three years ago directly from Marc when he first released the effect). By placing the dice in the box and orientating them the correct way, they are turned off.

I still have the set and it works exactly like this.

Mike


Why on earth would Marc have switched to a separate magnetic pad to turn them on and off when he did it right the first time (putting the magnets in the box)?

A friend of mine (the one with chipped up corners on his Antoine Mental Dice) purchased his set directly from Marc at Magic Live in 2017. I believe that was BEFORE Marc started selling his Mental Dice through Murphy's. My friend's set has the separate magnetic pad.

Mark
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1453 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

Why on earth would Marc have switched to a separate magnetic pad to turn them on and off when he did it right the first time (putting the magnets in the box)?

A friend of mine (the one with chipped up corners on his Antoine Mental Dice) purchased his set directly from Marc at Magic Live in 2017. I believe that was BEFORE Marc started selling his Mental Dice through Murphy's. My friend's set has the separate magnetic pad.

Mark


I bought my set on the first morning at its Blackpool launch in February 2017. This was six months before Magic Live.

My guess is that Marc switched to a separate magnetic pad to cut production costs or to speed up manufacture.

Yes, Marc started selling it through Murphy's much later (mid-2018 I believe).

Mike
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3451 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Mike, I have the same set as you with the magnet in box feature. I believe you are correct on your reasons for the change. I have the newer version as well with the plate. Not terrible but am still using my original set which still show full power.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1453 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, J M Talbot wrote:
Hi Mike, I have the same set as you with the magnet in box feature. I believe you are correct on your reasons for the change. I have the newer version as well with the plate. Not terrible but am still using my original set which still show full power.


Hi John,

My dice are also still going strong after three years, though I use them only occasionally.

I expect that these first-release Marc Antoine sets will become collectors items one day.

Mike

Click here to view attached image.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3451 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have the same set... Smile

Image
Magic Dust
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, J M Talbot wrote:
Hi Mike, I have the same set as you with the magnet in box feature. I believe you are correct on your reasons for the change. I have the newer version as well with the plate. Not terrible but am still using my original set which still show full power.


Hi John,

My dice are also still going strong after three years, though I use them only occasionally.

I expect that these first-release Marc Antoine sets will become collectors items one day.

Mike


This Set looks beautiful - is it a real wood box - or a 3D printed one ?
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1453 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:

This Set looks beautiful - is it a real wood box - or a 3D printed one ?


It’s real wood.

Mike
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
Not really surprising that Marc discontinued that box, especially when the beauty of it plays no part in the effect. In fact, IMO removing the dice from such a beautiful box makes them appear less ordinary and more “special”.

I’d be curious to know the cost of producing a box like that in relatively small numbers. I would think it must have cut into his profit margin significantly.

I actually prefer his newer 3D printed boxes from a practical standpoint.
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia
37 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
With the dice from Illuminati the Unifi Dice have the option of a thumper and display and also can be connected on iPhone and Apple Watch [

quote]On Dec 11, 2019, How wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, paw wrote:
Mental Dice by Anverdi will have "Give-a-way" dice as well as other inexpensive products to use with them.


Will one of those additional products be a vibration/thumper receiver?

Mark


I was wondering the same kind of like real die but I don’t think so. [/quote]
Smile
Zatanna Queen of Illusion, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia
37 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2020, magicjluc wrote:
With the dice from Illuminati the Unifi Dice have the option of a thumper and display and also can be connected on iPhone and Apple Watch [

quote]On Dec 11, 2019, How wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, paw wrote:
Mental Dice by Anverdi will have "Give-a-way" dice as well as other inexpensive products to use with them.


Will one of those additional products be a vibration/thumper receiver?

Mark


I was wondering the same kind of like real die but I don’t think so.

Smile [/quote]

With the dice from Illuminati the Unifi Dice have the option of a thumper and display and also can be connected on iPhone and Apple Watch [. https://illuminati-magic.com/unifi-produ......ntalism/
Zatanna Queen of Illusion, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3451 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2020, videoman wrote:
Not really surprising that Marc discontinued that box, especially when the beauty of it plays no part in the effect. In fact, IMO removing the dice from such a beautiful box makes them appear less ordinary and more “special”.

I’d be curious to know the cost of producing a box like that in relatively small numbers. I would think it must have cut into his profit margin significantly.

I actually prefer his newer 3D printed boxes from a practical standpoint.


Depends on your presentation approach. The wooden box plays a key role in my routine. But as always each will have their own presentation approach as it should be Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4682 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2020, magicjluc wrote:

With the dice from Illuminati the Unifi Dice have the option of a thumper and display and also can be connected on iPhone and Apple Watch [. https://illuminati-magic.com/unifi-produ......ntalism/



True, but you pay a premium for it.
A 3 dice set with the display, thumper, and charger will cost well over 2K USD, and that is assuming you already own the Apple phone and watch.

And it’s hard to believe Murphy’s would leave money on the table by not releasing a thumper sometime soon.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2441 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just ordered. Can’t wait to try these out.
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2019, otreboR wrote:
Oz Pearlman uses the dice at the end of his performance.

Check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkEO3WDENKU


Yowser, talk about not being subtle with the glimpse. Yet, nobody noticed. Except other magicians.

Mark


I suspect Oz was not happy with anyone holding up the pre-show billets as well.
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
Captain Magic, the man with the famous
19 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Hi all there,

I just received my 'Mental Dice' (Anverdi) and measured the (very nice) dice.
They measure 0.66inch or 16,764mm.
These measures seem to be very off standard in the normal dice world....
I googled for hours and couldn't find anything even close. (closest is 16mm)
Has somebody of you find normal dice with these measures???
I would like to buy a bunch as 'souvenir- giveaways'.
Thank you for your help.
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
AND WITH HIS FAMOUS EXPERTISE,
CAPTAIN MAGIC SEND YOU THE BEST VIBRATION
FOR GREAT MAGIC, CONJURING AND PRESTIDIGITATION !!!!!!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3674 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That’s why they made them an odd size .
This way you can only buy perfect giveaways from them if they choose to sell them imo Gaz 🙂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1552 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Exactamundo. Capitalism is a magical thing.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
Captain Magic, the man with the famous
19 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Must I understand from your answers that I'll have to wait till Murphy's magic is willing/chooses to bring out the normal dice
with odd measurements and indeed pay the price they will stick on them.....?

Clever!

I would not bother... if the price is correct. (< 1 USD ea. )

I bought some 16mm dice (with exact the same colors) and for me the difference in size is too noticeable
... but maybe the spectator will not notice?!
I'll have to try it out live.
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
AND WITH HIS FAMOUS EXPERTISE,
CAPTAIN MAGIC SEND YOU THE BEST VIBRATION
FOR GREAT MAGIC, CONJURING AND PRESTIDIGITATION !!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (226 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26~27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL