The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..30~31~32 [Next]
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes David but these are not the same dice just a close match .
Murphy's will no doubt release the exact duplicates soon .
Leaving them with the spectators is already running when you are not being chased imo and basically preempting we think they assume the method .
That’s just my 2 cents and I appreciate you are only sending the link Gaz 🙂
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I agree with Gaz...

I have been performing a dice routine for quite some time. Never has anyone ever questioned the dice, but then again my routine is not about the dice, it's about THEM. Even when they bring other people to me, they don't say "do the dice thing", because that is not what they remember.

Again, this is about layering and building a routine, NOT using a gimmick.

Nonetheless, I have always been prepared with a few spare dice in my case, for that possibility that someone genuinely questions it. I've never felt the need to date though. I think magician's guilt, overthinking, and the "desire to be so clever" makes some of us want to do the switch and feel like we "really stumped them now!" In the end, it ruins your performance. I think it was Michael Ammar who talks about if you have to prove your items were normal at the end of the routine, you've failed.

Also, no spectator will know the difference between a 16mm and 16.75mm die.
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
Captain Magic, the man with the famous
22 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Next W.E. I do a little gig...
I am planning to give some of my normal 16mm dice as 'souvenir' after performing 'Mental Dice'.
I am very curious if there will be some remarks.
In my opinion the dimensions, but certainly the white spots on the 16mm dice are visibly much smaller than on the 'Mental Dice'-dice.
Of course that is when you see both specimens together near each other.
I'll let you know over here how things worked out. Smile
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
AND WITH HIS FAMOUS EXPERTISE,
CAPTAIN MAGIC SEND YOU THE BEST VIBRATION
FOR GREAT MAGIC, CONJURING AND PRESTIDIGITATION !!!!!!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes those dice will be souvenirs and of course they will fly as they will seen as little gifts and won’t be thought of as the ones you used yourself anyway imo Gaz 🙂
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Got mine. What fine piece of engineering.

A while ago I saw an image of the receiver in a clear rubber holder. Anyone know where that image is or what the holder was?
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Rich Crawford advertised this on FB a few weeks ago. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

File too big to upload. PM me if interested.
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
My buddy has this and I’m super shocked by the high quality. They look and feel like regular die. Using this with Michael Weber’s crazy is a great idea.
SIRIously Mental available from me directly

Mike@chattanoogamagic.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Now available at the Reel Magic Marketplace....
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Gaz, I agree for 200%!
I love mental dice, the great quality and the technology behind it.
I indeed also hoped to pay the price for the props but also
to keep the secret secret.
Still loving executing the effect for spectators loving and respecting magic.
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I've been seeing a lot of similar dice on Facebook (as go fund me products), showing a variety of different dice types (d20, d12, d8...) where the dice values appear on a tablet.

Not sure why the general public would ever want such a thing, but I have seen 3 varieties so far.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Brendan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Brendan
I love magic and mentalism, that’s why I find the exposure videos so disappointing.

“I do have ideas for routines that get around these issues and don’t place focus on the dice but the exposure videos really do limit the versatility of these props for some audiences.”

I’ve no issues dealing with a participant that suspects a dl, for example during an ambitious card routine. I often make a show of having them insert the card face up and then performing a visually impressive pass so that they can “see” the magic happen. This blows the dl theory out of the water and generally undermines any explanations they’ve quickly tried to google. With sleight of hand you can have an arsenal of techniques that allow incredible versatility in performance. My point is that it’s different with these dice, the exposure limits their versatility and it’s just a real shame that the ad videos were made in such a fashion.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well put Brendan , bang on the money imo Gaz 🙂
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I might of missed it but is there a Facebook group for this?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Is anybody having trouble getting onto the face book site. I have entered the details [ although I find the way the questions are worded a bit confusing] but nobody has come back to me. I have to say the trick is amazing and the quality unbelievable.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I am not aware of a Facebook Group that is dedicated only and specifically to Murphy's Magic Anverdi Mental Dice. The Facebook Group that I am aware of is the Anverdi Magic Facebook Group and it is open for discussion of any and all Anverdi effects, including Anverdi Mental Dice from Murphy's Magic.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, Chollet wrote:
I agree with Gaz...

I have been performing a dice routine for quite some time. Never has anyone ever questioned the dice, but then again my routine is not about the dice, it's about THEM. Even when they bring other people to me, they don't say "do the dice thing", because that is not what they remember.

Again, this is about layering and building a routine, NOT using a gimmick.

Nonetheless, I have always been prepared with a few spare dice in my case, for that possibility that someone genuinely questions it. I've never felt the need to date though. I think magician's guilt, overthinking, and the "desire to be so clever" makes some of us want to do the switch and feel like we "really stumped them now!" In the end, it ruins your performance. I think it was Michael Ammar who talks about if you have to prove your items were normal at the end of the routine, you've failed.

Also, no spectator will know the difference between a 16mm and 16.75mm die.

Chollett, I like your thinking on this and would have stated the exact thing, I also am using this with Michael Weber's crazy effect. I am experimenting with other options as well.
Overall I am very pleased with it.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
I bought those 'replica dice' on the net: http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploa......x500.jpg
(replica on the left, MD on the right in the picture on my nice special MD lid)
The replica's (16mm) are more than 1 mm smaller than the MD and the white spots are also much more smaller.
I have the three colors, which are OK.
For the moment there are NO exact MD 'giveaways'-replica dice to be found!
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Hard to find duplicate (almost) dice for Mental Dice and you live in Europe?
I found some on ebay.uk, sold in Italy.

They are called: 12 d6 Dice Set Chessex OPAQUE.

They come in packs of 12, d6 means six sides, and the brand is Chessex.

I ordered them and in my opinion they are similar to these shown in earlier posts.
16 mm and little smaller dots than the Anverdi Mental Dice. Good quality.
Here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-d6-Dice-Se......87HM0mDw

The link shows them in blue, but the seller has them in red an white too.
Make sure you get them in 16 mm, as they (Chessex brand) are found in 12 mm size also!

I measured my Anverdi Mental Dice, using calipers, they are 16,45 (red), 17,05 (white), 16,65 (blue)!!
The Chessex are (all three coulors) 16,15 mm.
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Hi Thomas,

My home is indeed in Europe.
In fact, the dice you speak about are those that I bought...
On my picture you can see that the differences are still very noticeable.. and indeed certainly for the blue one!
That of course is when both type of dice are lying near of each other.
They are also much more lighter in weight than the MD...

Greets from Zeebrugge Seaport - Belgium.
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL