The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
As has been stated, people have no idea what phone you own so for it to look similar to theirs (should they notice at all, which I doubt) it shouldn’t draw suspicion.

In fact, just the opposite effect is more likely. It appearing “similar” to theirs should provide a comfort level and lull them into feeling at ease that I think would cause them to relax and be more likely to remain “in the moment” and under your spell until you turn their world upside down.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I have made a FULL REVIEW here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......um=109#0

Please check out if you are interested.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Once I'm accepted to the Facebook group, I'll upload a quick video of my no-jacket phone switch (for lack of a better term... I suppose it's not really a phone switch as you're just giving them back the same object... let's call it a thought switch, or belief switch, or conviction switch...)...
It's all in the reflexes.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2020, videoman wrote:
As has been stated, people have no idea what phone you own.

Unless they do.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Is there a Facebook Group?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
There is. It's mentioned in this thread somewhere, IIRC.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2020, videoman wrote:
As has been stated, people have no idea what phone you own.

Unless they do.

Not sure I follow you. Are you referring to performing this for a friend or family member?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
Is there a Facebook Group?

I see this asked about various tricks almost daily, yet if I'm unsure about a FB group or how to join I simply search FB and it always comes right up.
Not trying to sound snarky, just trying to find out if there is a reason this doesn't work for some people. Perhaps you are debating whether to join FB and would like to know if such a group exists before joining. I guess that must be it. Otherwise typing one word on FB is quicker and easier than asking here.

Just typed Optix on FB and it came right up and I joined. So thanks for reminding me to do that, I had forgotten. So there is a good reason for people asking that question here I guess. Smile
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Added my Optix Tee Switch video to the FB group. Enjoy.
It's all in the reflexes.
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I was wondering how folk are getting on with this effect now that its been out for a while? Thanks!
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Great trick, but everyone has moved onto prepping for blackpool releases.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Sad but true. The time window for a trick to breathe and unfold has become crazy short. So short that the question "How does this work in the real world?" very often remains unanswered, because of a new hype that has taken over and gets all the attention.

It doesn't take anything away from the quality of Optix, of course. Tobias delivered big time. Again.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
I also would like to know how this is working to spectator/spectators. I read a few saying how great it looks to themselves in the mirror, however, I don't want to purchase it to amuse myself. Has anyone performed this real world and how did it go?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have performed it a few times. For better or worse it’s one of those tricks you have to go out and do to get comfortable with. At least I do. It’s “worked” about half the time for me. That is the spectator did not notice they were getting their own phone back and the response was good. I have not gotten Vegas level responses from this yet and I do from some tricks. For me, I’m not sure I will be able to perform it enough to get super comfortable with it but we will see. It has gotten better with time.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
It's fair to say not everyone will go mental and not all reactions are big, a WTF moment can be just as hard to achieve and rewarding and this definitely gets that.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agreed
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2020, Xcath1 wrote:
I have performed it a few times. For better or worse it’s one of those tricks you have to go out and do to get comfortable with. At least I do. It’s “worked” about half the time for me. That is the spectator did not notice they were getting their own phone back and the response was good. I have not gotten Vegas level responses from this yet and I do from some tricks. For me, I’m not sure I will be able to perform it enough to get super comfortable with it but we will see. It has gotten better with time.

So what happened the other half of the time? Just wanted clarification if you are gauging based on reaction or getting caught out. Thanks!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Just saw the uncut version.... I'm a bit thick but I just saw him hand back her phone and then a light, ala the old TT delite trick, vanished.... I had to go back a actually read what the effect was! But the screaming girls seemed to like it though!!! Hey ho - old git gonna pass on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
Just saw the uncut version.... I'm a bit thick but I just saw him hand back her phone and then a light, ala the old TT delite trick, vanished.... I had to go back a actually read what the effect was! But the screaming girls seemed to like it though!!! Hey ho - old git gonna pass on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I thought. I don't think the trailer does it justice. The full length trailer where you see the gimmick is much better. It's not a D'lite!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I could see in peoples eyes that they caught the switch so I would keep going and they were polite but wants much of a trick after that
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL