The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2023, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2023, Sean Macfarlane wrote:
Has this been discontinued? Or will it be released again?

We're working on a 2.0 version with Tobias.

Glad to hear this! I might give it another shot. I have one gathering dust at the bottom of the magic drawer, but this was a classic case of "good idea, poor execution" first time around. If the unit closed reliably, was a little bit smaller, and had a button that was much easier to activate, it would be a killer walkaround trick for those with the chops.
TresBoss
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of TresBoss
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2023, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2023, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2023, Sean Macfarlane wrote:
Has this been discontinued? Or will it be released again?

We're working on a 2.0 version with Tobias.

Glad to hear this! I might give it another shot. I have one gathering dust at the bottom of the magic drawer, but this was a classic case of "good idea, poor execution" first time around. If the unit closed reliably, was a little bit smaller, and had a button that was much easier to activate, it would be a killer walkaround trick for those with the chops.

Yes, and even if you get different colors of covers that you could somehow easily load on the gimmick and thus adapt it to several colors of mobile phones (for example I saw that the spectator has red mobile so I load red cover on gimmick), it would be absolutely perfect masterpiece! Smile
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Well let's hear what other people want from a 2nd version

Tobias still uses V1 on stage, we just saw him blow the crowd away in Paris last month with it.

But if it's being revived by people asking for it, let's hear it while we still have time to make all the features that buyers are looking for Smile

- G
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Id give it another shot with v2.

It's been a while but the button was indeed tricky. So that being optimized would be numero uno.

I think if I remember it was kind of a pain to adjust the l#ne to ones hand size? Though probably not much can be done on that.

Granted I never ended up road testing it as I could never get comfortable with it, but for me, the l#ne also seemed to be pretty visible. Again I don't think much can be done on this either as it has to be able to withstand all the handling.

Agree with it being a tad bit smaller if possible.

Lastly, maybe cosmetically have it closely resemble the light/camera lenses of newer phones?
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Yes. Making it a bit smaller would be nice.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
Could someone add me to the Facebook group please. My name Is Topher Gowen on fb.
umutK
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of umutK
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Harley Remington wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
If I understand the effect correctly, the effect is that you hand them your phone to video you vanishing their phone. Then they realize that the phone they believed to be yours is actually their phone.

Sounds like if you could pull it off it would be mind blowing. However, I cannot imagine somebody handing me my own phone and not noticing that it is mine.

I think you've got it right. I suppose it helps if it's dark, and the spectator is drunk.

I have performed it and they never even suspect that they are holdin their own phone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL