The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (104 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12~13~14 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Not sure why I bothered pre ordering as looks like I could have got quicker from Saturn Magic than Ellusionist.

Thanks for the info. Smile
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Quote:
Not sure why I bothered pre ordering as looks like I could have got quicker from Saturn Magic than Ellusionist.

Same 🤯 wish I had known it was gonna be everywhere at the same time... oh well, least one good thing came of this... somehow worked out to be cheaper (including shipping) than its standard price over here without postage.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Mind you at that price they’ll be no preorder from this call sign.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
380 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Get a life
"Challenge Your Reality"
Silversleights04
View Profile
New user
Houston, Tx, United States
90 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2020, JosephKerr wrote:
Get a life

LOL, who? You're posting on an eclectic magic forum, you'll need to be more specific with those kinds of broad sweeping throwback insults... Smile
Magic sees Magic.
Together we make each other better.
Do something amazing today.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
91 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:

I myself haven't heard anything from Ellusionist ever since I ordered Optix on December 18th. Now it seems if I had pre-ordered Optix through Saturn Magic UK I'd be receiving it in a couple of days while, since Ellusionist hasn't sent any shipping confirmation so far (not even today on Optix's official release day, I won't be expecting it to arrive here in Germany any time sooner than in three weeks' time.

A pity. My last Ellusionist order I'm afraid. Too many disappointments with every single of my last orders from them.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It seems that Saturn shipped theirs out today.
Silversleights04
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Yikes, so E let a vendor beat them to the punch on shipping and price? Whoops Smile
Magic sees Magic.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
As some have mentioned our stock arrived to day and all orders are shipped.

Order yours here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......s-dostal
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I only say that as they have low stock (allegedly) and it’s no longer preorder
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:
As some have mentioned our stock arrived to day and all orders are shipped.

Order yours here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......s-dostal

Efficiency is your middle name Mark. Smile Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
If you ordered from E you can check out the tutorial video now.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
If you ordered from E you can check out the tutorial video now.

But won’t be able to perform it. Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1236 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Mine has shipped today from E.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Mine has shipped today from E.

Everyone's shipped today. We had a joint release with our wholesaler partners Smile

https://www.ellusionist.com/optix-by-tobias-dostal.html
Silversleights04
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Right on, glad to hear it! Happy shipping fellas
Magic sees Magic.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
Can’t wait to hear the initial impressions from purchasers.
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
876 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Mine shipped from E today too.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Early impression from watching the video:

GIMMICK:
Gimmick is extremely clever! And no, it is not a glorified d-lite... I would dare call it a James Bond-like, electronic device mixed with another type of vanish principle.
I am looking forward to playing around with it. It seems like it will take some time to get cozy with it in terms of the handling for the various vanishes. Minding some angle situations, etc. But overall, it looks so strong. And while Tobias gets you going with many ideas for vanishes, etc, it seems like the gimmick is versatile so that you can come up with tons of other creative ideas of your own.

May also need some easy DIY adjusting/sizing on one of the components but nothing major.

VIDEO
Tobias goes in to great detail about all aspects of the routine, the gimmick, various vanishes, transformations, etc.

He's a funny, charming guy with a ton of creative ideas that he shares with you. Some of them are played straight, some made to astonish, while others are more mischievous and prank-ish. Overall, this is a very versatile trick and it seems like you can have a ton of fun with it.

Tobias goes into each vanish from a macro level, demos it, talks about it, then goes through some slo mo over the shoulder views of the moves so you can get a better understanding.

There are also some phone transformation ideas...changing the phone to sunglasses (a nice throwback to Stay Cool) or phone to cards for example. He explains various ideas to play around with.

As for the routine, it is beautifully choreographed. Very well thought out. Will take a bit of practice to get it smooth. Along with the moves involved... the vanish of choice being one...then, there is a "sw*tch" move to get down that he teaches as well. Which looks amazing and extremely convincing...but does seem to require a jacket (or article of clothing you can reach in to) to be seen as such. More on this in a second...

He goes over other variations of the routine and ideas for the reappearance of the phone...all very clever. Concluding with some important tips (this section was a bit glitchy...maybe it was my connection).

RESTRICTIONS/THINGS TO KNOW
-180 angles as advertised...you don't want anyone behind you during certain moments...but a spectator shouldn't be behind you for this anyway.

-Unless I missed it, the "sw*tch" move (in quotes for a reason as it isn't a sw*tch in the typical sense) in the routine is only taught with a jacket used as the cover. It looks extremely convincing...I couldn't tell that anything fishy was taking place on repeated viewings, but this is an important thing to know going in. Could a similar move be done without a jacket? Possibly...will have to play around with it. But I don't believe this was ever mentioned or covered...nor were there any alternative handlings taught (again, unless I missed it.)

-As advertised, you can use any phone. There are things to be mindful of which Tobias covers...and while it is indeed bold...it seems to work brilliantly.

Anyway, mine has shipped so looking forward to getting it soon.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
498 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Thanks for posting your initial impressions, Pendleton!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (104 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL