The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..16~17~18 [Next]
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
There is no ditching, there is no phone in your hand you can see him pretending to hold a phone with the thumb tip bright white light which looks like a camera being pointed at you. You think you are watching him hold a phone when you view through the screen. Very clever but the price is way too high.
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
I live in France and ordered from Saturn Magic, hope I will get it before all my French fellows ;-)
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
That’s a good question from Haven. Don’t think anyone has the gimmick yet and Tobias probably filmed this before there was a final product
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Bought it in store https://www.magicbox.uk.com/product/optix-by-tobias-dostal/
There is no ditching, there is no phone in your hand you can see him pretending to hold a phone with the thumb tip bright white light which looks like a camera being pointed at you. You think you are watching him hold a phone when you view through the screen. Very clever but the price is way too high.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Clever use of a d’lite.

Thought so.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:

I'm not sure this is right, in the extended demo there's clearly something that looks like a phone (or a section of it)?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, Havens wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:

I'm not sure this is right, in the extended demo there's clearly something that looks like a phone (or a section of it)?

Yeah he's not correct, so I'm guessing he DIDN'T buy it in store at all.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Clever use of a d’lite.

Thought so.

It's not a d'lite.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
He not right. Mark has a short video on Facebook and you can see part of a phone. Looks good.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, StarManager wrote:
I just finished the videos from E. This is a worthy and righteous prop my Brethren! D-Lite, meets Now-You-See-It. Great teaching, moves and thought went into this. Almost no pocket space. This is an always with you item. The light part has choices. You can flash it like taking a redeye reduction flash. You can keep it on steady or pulse. Can't speak for the construction until I have it but the video shows the product and to me this cannot be made badly. It should be fine for all of us. The Jacket issue is not a problem from what I can see. Easier with a jacket but I think you can do this without a coat and use your back pocket. I'd say from my experience with similar vanishing items on the market that 180° is stiff. Probably 150° but as most know . . . take two steps back just before you vanish and you increase the field of view and reduce the angle issues. I love what I see and would call this revolutionary. More once I get this in my hands but again, seeing the video makes me believe it is constructed very well. Not much to go wrong but quite a lot packed in here to a tiny prop that appears big and solid when needed. Note that the battery info says 1 hour charge gives 2 hours of continuous light. Effectively one charge will last a week of table hopping nonstop. That's great news if even half realistic on the spec. Finally - the stunner of this effect is really cool and a seldom seen effect outside of card changing in spec hand or coin switching. The psychological subtleties here (looking at the video on the phone and ignoring what you are holding - especially - ) are amazing and will be employed by other works and effects. Very smart. Excited about this one!

Wow, great stuff.

The gimmick we filmed with was a sample Toby built himself, so if you're impressed with that, you're going to LOVE the final product Smile

- G
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, GeraintClarke wrote:
The gimmick we filmed with was a sample Toby built himself, so if you're impressed with that, you're going to LOVE the final product Smile
- G

Hi Geraint, is the gimmick on the extended demo and tutorial the exact same build quality as buyers receive?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
Quote:
- G

Hi Geraint, is the gimmick on the extended demo and tutorial the exact same build quality as buyers receive?

Absolutely not. The one buyers get is way better. Toby built that one himself. The gimmicks buyers get have all been designed from scratch and improved dramatically.

Same mechanics, just much more polished and beautiful.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
- G

Absolutely not. The one buyers get is way better. Toby built that one himself. The gimmicks buyers get have all been designed from scratch and improved dramatically.

Same mechanics, just much more polished and beautiful.

Nice, thanks for the reply.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Wow. 82 bucks on that site. Kinda high
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
Wow. 82 bucks on that site. Kinda high

It's in Canadian $. That's the equivalent of $62 USD.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
I've started an ideas and discussion group for users on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/487587265262956/
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Glad you all found the impressions helpful. Will definitely follow up once I have the item in hand and had a chance to practice with it.

As for the jacket...it can be a hoodie/open shirt I suppose...as long as there is a motivation to reach in to it. In the demos, Tobias reaches in to the jacket to seemingly grab his phone. If your hoodie or open shirt is something that could seemingly have an inside pocket to hold a phone ...or at least convince your audience that this is where your phone is kept, then you are fine.

I hope that makes sense...

Can you not modify how you have the gimmick installed on you to mime pulling the phone out of your back pocket? I have a pretty good idea how the vanish is achieved here so I don't really see how this wouldn't work similarly to things that vanishes objects in a similar manner...

I mean, in the teaser video with the uncut performance, Tobias is literally wearing a open short sleeve button down shirt...
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Watched the download last night. This is SUPER clever. The vanish is not what I was thinking it was at all. Also just to repeat it is NOT a d'lite. The gimmick is much more clever than this. I can't wait til this arrives. If I was still performing restaurants full time, this would 100% be part of my set, no doubt about it
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Thanks for all the orders we sold out in less than 1 day which is crazy!

More are on on the way today, thankfully they come quickly and should be with us Monday.

UK stock here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......tal.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Optix by Tobias Dostal / Ellusionist (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL