The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Paul’s Cold Decking Video (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Gamblingman007
I read this on another site by Doc regarding Paul Wilson’s teaching video. Do y’all agree with what he’s saying or not.

Now regarding “Paul selling his deck switching video.” I think that he is totally wrong for doing so. Why? Please readers I don’t mind if you post here and speak your mind to tell me that I’m wrong.

Steve F and I have done these moves for years (expertly) and have never shown the teachings of the move so why is he selling this move or video for $7.00? Doesn’t he know that he can get people who does this for real killed. Paul these are life and death moves that you are revealing here for your financial gain.

This is not magic this is for real. If he wants money for doing these moves...he should go to real games and do it because he would be far more richer than selling these moves. He will definitely get more money cheating than he would get selling Steve’s techniques for $7.00.

Please readers speak your mind because you’ve heard my side of it. If I thought that this was so right I would have posted this many years ago. You see how Todd Lassen stole and sold my N-Stripper technique...will Paul W. do this to Steve’s cold decking moves because Steve is the one who showed me these moves over 18 years ago so I know where he got them from.”

The Gamblingman007
Chris B
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Chris B
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Gamblingman007 wrote:
I read this on another site by Doc regarding Paul Wilson’s teaching video. Do y’all agree with what he’s saying or not.


What site is that? I would like to contact Doc, to ask, if he would share his full monte video.

I haven't seen the video in question, but Memphis Jay - who also used to post here - warned him many times, the danger of 'giving game to lame' (i.e., to non hustlers).
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......-cooler/

I believe these are the cold deck switches that Gamblingman007 is referring to.

In addition, this link offers other effects by Paul Wilson, some of which have a gambling/cheating "flavor."
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Gamblingman007 wrote:

Now regarding "Paul selling his deck switching video." I think that he is totally wrong for doing so...

Steve F and I have done these moves for years (expertly) and have never shown the teachings of the move so why is he selling this move or video for $7.00? Doesn't he know that he can get people who does this for real killed. Paul these are life and death moves that you are revealing here for your financial gain.


I am a little confused. Have not you and Steve F been exposing these type moves and methods and making videos of same continually over the years. Why is this different?

Quote:
This is not magic this is for real.


Are you saying that what you and Steve F have been exposing repeatedly is not "real?"

Just a thought...
5ggg
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of 5ggg
Really curious about who gamblingman007 is...
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2019, 5ggg wrote:

Really curious about who gamblingman007 is...


I think many on this forum know who he is, or at least what "pen name" he goes under. However, I think it might be better if he answered that question himself.
5ggg
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of 5ggg
Nevermind... makes sense now that I think about it
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Gamblingman007
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Cagliostro wrote:

I am a little confused. Have not you and Steve F been exposing these type moves and methods and making videos of same continually over the years. Why is this different?

This is not magic this is for real.

Are you saying that what you and Steve F have been exposing repeatedly is not "real?"

Just a thought...


I understand what Cag is saying but I also understand what Doc is saying as well. Steve I believe is one of the first guys to put out a video on card and dice cheating but he never actually taught each move as some are doing now in theirs. Doc has shown and taught as well but what I understand that he only taught moves that was already out or that he invented. So this why I understand what he’s saying from his perspective but in this particular area Paul has invented nothing and he teaching someone else’s stuff and technique. So it is my opinion that Cag and Doc is correct in their own way. I can’t elaborate because I’m not an expert in this field and both of them is way better than me. I would like to hear what these guys have to say.

TheGamblingman007
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Elite user
i have nothing to say about my
476 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Has Doc actually watched the video? Many of the switches involve covers like ribbon spreading a deck, putting it back in the box or doing triple cuts. Hardly things that are going to actually be used in a game. Even Paul's version of (for lack of a better term) The "Sting" cooler involves having the cooler deck pre cut and stepped IIRC.

I don't think theres any need for excitement over betrayed confidences. The moves mostly seem to be Paul's adaptations of classic coolers for magic and demo use.
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Gamblingman007 wrote:
I read this on another site by Doc regarding Paul Wilson’s teaching video. Do y’all agree with what he’s saying or not.

Now regarding “Paul selling his deck switching video.” I think that he is totally wrong for doing so. Why? Please readers I don’t mind if you post here and speak your mind to tell me that I’m wrong.

Steve F and I have done these moves for years (expertly) and have never shown the teachings of the move so why is he selling this move or video for $7.00? Doesn’t he know that he can get people who does this for real killed. Paul these are life and death moves that you are revealing here for your financial gain.

This is not magic this is for real. If he wants money for doing these moves...he should go to real games and do it because he would be far more richer than selling these moves. He will definitely get more money cheating than he would get selling Steve’s techniques for $7.00.

Please readers speak your mind because you’ve heard my side of it. If I thought that this was so right I would have posted this many years ago. You see how Todd Lassen stole and sold my N-Stripper technique...will Paul W. do this to Steve’s cold decking moves because Steve is the one who showed me these moves over 18 years ago so I know where he got them from.”

The Gamblingman007




What other forum?
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, disgruntledpuffin wrote:

Has Doc actually watched the video?...

...I don't think there's any need for excitement over betrayed confidences. The moves mostly seem to be Paul's adaptations of classic coolers for magic and demo use.


Interesting...I haven't bothered to watch the videos in question, mostly because almost all cold deck videos I have seen by magicians, expose gurus and demonstrators, are not the moves I have seen used by professionals among experienced and alert gamesters, and definitely not in casino play against cameras...at least not in recent years.

Certainly they might fly in loose or amateur games, or as part of a magic trick or demonstration, but generally speaking for sophisticated hustling nowadays, most of these dated methods are passe or highly questionable and have been so for some time. It is more in the province of demonstrators, expose gurus, magicians and a myriad of "experts" selling their wares, most of which are behind the times currently. Of course there will always be some spots, somewhere and at some point in time, where they would effective.

I am not saying cold decking is not used and not effective. It certainly is, but it depends on the judgment, ability of the practitioner, the situation in which it is used, the method employed as well as the window dressing that surrounds it. But most of the moves exposed and "performed" on videos and YouTube, including cold deck moves, would probably get you seriously hurt or killed under fire.

This is the age of information, and exposes are at the highest level since the time of Maskelyne writing in Sharps and Flats. Note how prescient he was in the late 1800s when he wrote:

Quote:
As a professional sharp remarked to a young friend, to whom he was giving lessons in the art of cheating:

'The best gamblers [they don't call themselves sharps] play with fair cards only; and, by being wonderfully keen card-players, make their brains win, instead of cheating with the pack. They play in partnership (secret), and are invincible, as they know all the various swindles and so can protect themselves from being cheated. The most successful men are among this class, although nearly all of them can do the finest work with a pack of cards.

'The next best class are those who play marked cards well, many of them using cards that no one not acquainted with the work could find out in a lifetime. These men, if they can only get their own cards into a game, are sure to win.

'Then, after these, come the class of "second dealers," "bottom dealers," and men who habitually do work with the pack to win. These men always get caught in the long run.'


While I don't agree with that premise 100%, it certainly is mostly true and at minimum food for thought.

Professional hustlers have to stay well ahead of these dated methods that are continually being exposed...and guess what???...the really good ones do.
5ggg
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of 5ggg
I would say yes, that doc has seen the video
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1692 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Paul and I are friends, but I can assure you that no confidences have been betrayed. As pointed out already, these are Paul's touches and ideas on classic switches that have been around for years. Him teaching these moves is no different than me teaching my take on bottom deals or push-through shuffles (neither of which I invented). They're perfectly suited for modern close-up work and he's every right to teach them.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Nothing Paul has made available constitutes "real work" - at least in terms of demonstrating exactly how a hustler might switch a deck in 2020.
These switches on display are decades (some perhaps even a century) old, and easily found in any number of available books and videos.

Beyond simply further popularizing the fact that deck switches are an "actual thing" ... I'm not clear on why Doc would have an issue with any of this?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Gamblingman007
Quote:

On Dec 22, 2019, Mr. Bones wrote:
Nothing Paul has made available constitutes "real work" - at least in terms of demonstrating exactly how a hustler might switch a deck in 2020.
These switches on display are decades (some perhaps even a century) old, and easily found in any number of available books and videos.

Beyond simply further popularizing the fact that deck switches are an "actual thing" ... I'm not clear on why Doc would have an issue with any of this?


I beg to differ, are you Doc? How can you make such a claim unless you are experienced with many (or all) cold decking moves? How can you claim that what Paul is doing is not the real work; I believe that it is. Many may not be as experienced as you, Doc or Paul in this particular area but I believe that many have gotten the money doing many of the moves that Paul has demonstrated. If I’m wrong please enlighten me with the knowledge that you know of doing it and your expertise.

The Gamblingman007
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
"Doesn't he know that he can get people who does this for real killed."

You can't actually be serious about this can you? I mean if you're using this to steal money from people then you are the lowest scum of the earth. Who cares if people use these moves in real games? You shouldn't be doing that in the first place. This is a forum for entertainment not for people who want to scam and hustle others out of money and live a dishonest lifestyle. If you choose to live that way then you accept all the risks that comes along with it and that includes putting your life on the line every day for a measly buck.
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
Actually, this sub forum I think was made as per doc's request, who is the hustler being quoted in this thread. Many hustlers lurk about this sub forum of the Café, so you could argue that it wasn't made for entertainment/entertainers.

just as a magician would get angry if someone tips their hat about an effect they use on a daily basis, it's more reasonable to expect someone who makes their livelihood off of these moves to get even more upset, regardless of morality.

I'm not saying either side is right here. besides, I think doc's moves are likely better than what's shown on the video in question anyway.
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
Ok, I'll recant what I said about this being a forum for entertainers. But on a serious note, why would someone think it's ok to complain about someone else making your job of being a criminal harder? That's a good thing. You chose that life. You have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2020, Bulla wrote:
This is a forum for entertainment not for people who want to scam and hustle others out of money and live a dishonest lifestyle.


You're incorrect.
Although all are welcome, the intent of the forum as described by the moderators is:
"History, theory and ideas surrounding the mysterious world of the unscrupulous gambler. Topics may include card cheating, card counters, advantage players, etc. Strategies, theories and schemes for winning at Poker, BlackJack, Slots, Roulette, Craps and other casino games"

As you can see, "entertainment" isn't mentioned anywhere.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2020, Gamblingman007 wrote:
I beg to differ, are you Doc?

I'm definitely not Doc, but I'm pretty sure you know that already!
The fact that you strongly beg to differ causes me to pause, so I'll retract my previous comment and undertake some more detailed research.

If there indeed is some work of particular note on the video, I'm not sure it's in anybodies best interest to make note of it here in a public forum ... give game to a lame and all?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Paul’s Cold Decking Video (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL