We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Houdini Deck Gospel Presentation (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
206 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
I just wanted to share a great little trick that lends itself very well to a gospel presentation. I performed this trick for my elementary Sunday School class that I teach with my wife and it went over well.

The trick is the Houdini Deck that can be found here:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12406

Setup: Leave duplicate force card in deck.

Here is the presentation:

“Can you guys see anything strange about this deck?” Show the deck.

“That’s right! It has holes through every single card…but it is not a holy deck”

"It is not a holy deck because this deck represents the whole (hole?) world. Let’s pick a card for you." Force card.

"And the whole world has done bad things and is in bondage to sin." Lock the cards with the cuffs. Display.

“But the Bible teaches that if you put your trust in Jesus, that he died for the forgiveness of your sins”…put cards in box “that he will save you and free you from the bondage of sin.” Remove cards from box being careful to ensure the duplicate stays in the box. Show selected card missing. I leave the cards attached to cuffs.

Show card in box for finale.

There are good opportunities to discuss what "being holy" and "bondage to sin" means.

I hope you like it.

Jake
President S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
meetup.com/sam170
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
206 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
Here is a link to a demo for the Houdini Deck.

https://youtu.be/83C1eCl_Gbg
President S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
meetup.com/sam170
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2730 Posts

Profile of John Long
Why not leave the force card in a different location, and change the story line to how Jesus escaped from the grave, and was found alive outside the tomb
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Russo
View Profile
Special user
814 Posts

Profile of Russo
Speaking about above - several years ago - posted an effect for the "Resurrection" - will do so again if OK?????? Satan didn't like the idea - had to rewrite this 3 times before being able to post. Happy Valentines - LOVE , to all.

'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Houdini Deck Gospel Presentation (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL