The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded Shell Question (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

crispy1970
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of crispy1970
Hi guys,
I looking to buy an expanded £2 coin shell. The couple that I have seen so far do not look like they completely cover the sides of the covered coin. Is this normal on expanded shells?
Cheers,
Chris
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Most shells probably don't completely cover the coin. And, IMO, it's really not necessary. If it's important to you, there is some give and take.
Shells that completely cover a coin, especially Silver Dollar shells, have a thicker look and sometimes when the shell is being displayed either on or off the coin with other regular coins, the size difference is noticeable.

All of the Silver Dollar shells that I use in performance don't completely cover. Having said that, if you get them from one of the expert gimmicked coin makers, it makes a difference.
crispy1970
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of crispy1970
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2019, NicholasD wrote:
Most shells probably don't completely cover the coin. And, IMO, it's really not necessary. If it's important to you, there is some give and take.
Shells that completely cover a coin, especially Silver Dollar shells, have a thicker look and sometimes when the shell is being displayed either on or off the coin with other regular coins, the size difference is noticeable.

All of the Silver Dollar shells that I use in performance don't completely cover. Having said that, if you get them from one of the expert gimmicked coin makers, it makes a difference.

Cheers for the response, maybe I am seeing it more than it really is because I know its there.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, crispy1970 wrote:
Cheers for the response, maybe I am seeing it more than it really is because I know its there.

^^^ This ^^^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded Shell Question (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL