The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PASSWORD by Mariano Goni (72 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
No.

Facebook or instagram preferred.(I am using Instagram, but you don't need Facebook or Instagram to perform, but its preferred)

You don't need a youtube account or website either, it all depends what you want to do with it.

So the short answer is no, you can perform it as is.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Thought this wasn’t released until the 23rd?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
I refer you to page 3 of this thread.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:

That's the very same page where it reads that some of those here in the thread have obviously been able to check it out already ... so the question reagarding the release date is legitimate
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the very same page where it reads that some of those here in the thread have obviously been able to check it out already ... so the question reagarding the release date is legitimate

I’m not following. You just answered that some were able to check it out being in contact with the creator. Release date is still the 23rd. The person seemed confused why people had it.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I’m not following. You just answered that some were able to check it out. Release date is still the 23rd. The person seemed confused why people had it.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I’ll be reviewing this next week on my YouTube channel! Be on the look out Smile

Tyler
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
OK, so I'm going to speculate about this. Not so much about the method but about the effect, because I'm not clear exactly what this can accomplish. But if I understand correctly, let's say I want to be able to show a video of me pulling any card a spec names out of the deck for the reveal.

So first I make 52 videos of me pulling every card out of the deck, 53 if I want to include a Joker.
Then I upload them to this app or whereever. Where exactly doesn't matter to me at this point.
Then I have someone name any card they like.
Now I can somehow call up the correct video of me pulling their named card out of the deck.

Does that about sum up what Password is all about in it's most basic form?
It would be like TAP but with a video instead of a photo.
I hope so because I actually like that. But maybe I got it all wrong.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Not owning it videoman. I would speculate that your brief description is true. My understanding is that it is NOT an app. I think based on wording on the ad that states. "Ask them to name, point or write any option"...... The word "option" suggests to me that their list of "options" are as many as the amount of videos you chose to shoot in advance. Whether its cards ,cars hotels, modes of transportation etc. I think what we are paying for is the method of calling up the desired video from a prerecorded list of the many possible outcomes. So your card analogy holds true. To me the effect gets stronger if the choices are endless for any given question. How you define endless is up for debate. I would say this, the more "options" you shoot in advance the more impossible this effect will appear to the spectator. Again my speculation as I do not own this.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Correct videoman. That’s what stumped me in the demo video, how they could’ve chosen any vehicle that passed by, however, I think within specific parameters ‘options’ as they state, or limitations based on how much free time you have to customise this. Definitely not for me.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Let’s hear what Tyler says about this.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
darkspik3
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of darkspik3
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Correct videoman. That’s what stumped me in the demo video, how they could’ve chosen any vehicle that passed by, however, I think within specific parameters ‘options’ as they state, or limitations based on how much free time you have to customise this. Definitely not for me.

Hi Pegasus, well I had the pleasure to try this and play with it a lot... and my opinion is that Password is a very flexible video prediction system and is on a budget... so if you don´t have time, you should consider paying $1000+ for CGI systems... but trust me a simple setup it took me about 10-15min and I got a beautiful and clean prediction system!

But how I said if you don’t have that time maybe you have $1000+ for other effects to achieve the same effect...
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2019, videoman wrote:
OK, so I'm going to speculate about this. Not so much about the method but about the effect, because I'm not clear exactly what this can accomplish. But if I understand correctly, let's say I want to be able to show a video of me pulling any card a spec names out of the deck for the reveal.

So first I make 52 videos of me pulling every card out of the deck, 53 if I want to include a Joker.
Then I upload them to this app or whereever. Where exactly doesn't matter to me at this point.
Then I have someone name any card they like.
Now I can somehow call up the correct video of me pulling their named card out of the deck.

Does that about sum up what Password is all about in it's most basic form?
It would be like TAP but with a video instead of a photo.
I hope so because I actually like that. But maybe I got it all wrong.

My speculation is a bit different as your described procedure already exists on the market Smile
I think you force "it" to the second spectator so you don't have to make 53 videos. Only one.
If you check the trailer the second spectator has only to remember "it".
This particular part of "how the choice is made" is the most important part for me and weakens or strengthens the effect.

I am really interested but curious to see some reviews.
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
"I take into consideration that there are people so busy, that has no time for working on creativity or customizing an effect. Maybe it´s Pegasus situation, or maybe he doesn´t like to work on it. That´s perfectly fair.

But the value on this is all the different ideas of presentation, Mariano did not stop at a 52 playing cards simple prediction, but went into full fledged real life situations that make this effect really striking and impossible.

There are methods that require a number of videos you can count with one hand, and one method for only one video, like the Jeffrey Tam trailer.

I predict 5 different objects in my setup, a number, a playing card, the time on a clock and any house object, which can be named freely.

And being able to change the template at any time to suit different venues is exactly what I need. "

Demo:
https://youtu.be/brZK8F80D7E
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Password by Mariano Goni.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Thanks for your review Kaan! I guess I will pass on this and stick with TUBE 3 by Jason Messina that served me well so far and does the same for only $5.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Had a chance to watch the instructional video.
This a great system of you want to spend a bit of time making the individual videos.
It does come with two lists built in (cars and random things)

I don’t agree with Kaan about the control panel video.
It’s simple and straightforward, why would you want / need anything more as no one will ever see it.

Not sure this will replace inject for me but it is handy to make some videos with yourself in them revealing your prediction.

Prefer Now to this one.
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Since Mariano does not answer my questions via PM, I now ask here in the forum. Is it possible to predict the Hotel Panda and the bike under normal cionditions or is this a video for promotional purposes?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, Alex McFly wrote:
Since Mariano does not answer my questions via PM, I now ask here in the forum. Is it possible to predict the Hotel Panda and the bike under normal cionditions or is this a video for promotional purposes?

Yes you can do that with one of the methods.
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
I have inject, wikitest, ithumb, dfb , e.t.c
The best reaction is with password , it is killer...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PASSWORD by Mariano Goni (72 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL