The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Darkest routines ever... (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
It's a shame "Memories of Emily" has vanished because it sounded as though it would have been a very dark routine.
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Swamp Water - a play in itself.
😉
BTW Murder by Mail was banned in some states!
Jim Magus almost went to jail over it in Georgia!

Peace
Docc
Bernice
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Bernice
I would love to read "Memories of Emily". I believe even in the most morbid and ghastly stories are an opportunity for catharsis and empathy...

Quote:
BTW Murder by Mail was banned in some states!

...and fun! However, due to darned covid-19, I'm thinking how could I do "Murder by Mail" over the internet or telephone?

Robert Watkin's death date effect "Thanatos" in his "Positive/Negative" is a humdinger.
Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
294 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
One of the most gory/geeky performances I have seen so far (they even seem to be quite known in France, having appeared in magic magazines etc.) - watch their videos:

https://www.facebook.com/NECROPHAGE/
To infinity, and beyond!
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
VRS from Gemini is the most messed-up dark effect ever. I have expanded my set with a few additional items, including a priest’s ring, some genuine ex-Vatican items, and an empty holy water bottle. It’s all wonderfully dark, but you need to gauge your audience. The Gemini props are exquisite.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
From Hell by Dan Baines is certainly very very dark, mainly because it uses actual photos of murdered (horribly murdered) women. I performed it one time and there were some angry comments about using grotesque pictures of slaughtered women for entertainment purposes
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3496 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2021, Damian1031 wrote:
From Hell by Dan Baines is certainly very very dark, mainly because it uses actual photos of murdered (horribly murdered) women. I performed it one time and there were some angry comments about using grotesque pictures of slaughtered women for entertainment purposes

Abberline's Repository really adds to the From Hell effect.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:

Yes some of our effects & routines can be too edgy for some people, especially these type of effects with women & children, which there are several effects on these.....usually I make sure I know the people I would perform these types of effects for that are ok/can stomach....

We want to be respectful & entertain at the same time & it's a touchy balance. For some spectators I've found can be too powerful.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3496 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2021, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Quote:

Yes some of our effects & routines can be too edgy for some people, especially these type of effects with women & children, which there are several effects on these.....usually I make sure I know the people I would perform these types of effects for that are ok/can stomach....

We want to be respectful & entertain at the same time & it's a touchy balance. For some spectators I've found can be too powerful.

The same reason I don't offer everyone the opportunity to attend the embalming of their loved one. Some can handle it, some cannot. It is important to know your audience.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes & who can & can't handle they're embalming fluid liquor-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Darkest routines ever... (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.63 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL