The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Simple 2 person c**e for playing cards? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I was looking for something simple to do with my 8 year old son.

I only need to do playing cards, and it needs to be pretty simple.

I seem to remember something that came out a few years ago that would fit the bill but I can't for the life of me remember the name. I think it was available on Penguin, and I think it was created by a Café member.

Any suggestions?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Funny that I was just reading Telesthesia C**e by Unknown Mentalist. It's a cool 2 person c**e and the routine structure, layering is good. Should be easy enough for 8 year olds, I guess. https://www.lybrary.com/the-telesthesia-code-p-922753.html

And the one you are referring to is probably called 'mental card' or 'mind card' and a kid reads minds for chosen playing cards, I guess.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

I seem to remember something that came out a few years ago that would fit the bill but I can't for the life of me remember the name. I think it was available on Penguin, and I think it was created by a Café member.

Any suggestions?

You are correct. What you are thinking of first saw the light of a commercial day here on the Café. It quickly progressed to a Penguin download. Let me see if I can find it for you...

Dang, it is eluding me.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:

And the one you are referring to is probably called 'mental card' or 'mind card' and a kid reads minds for chosen playing cards, I guess.

Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

Any suggestions?

You are correct. What you are thinking of first saw the light of a commercial day here on the Café. It quickly progressed to a Penguin download. Let me see if I can find it for you...

Dang, it is eluding me.

I think that's right - Mind Card

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7240

Thanks!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yup, that is it!
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I used to do this with my daughter. I !@#$*d a card and she drew it.

Barry
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Got 'Mind Card'. Practicing with my 8 year old, definitely pretty easy. Requires a bit of practice, but nothing too hard.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I saw that mind card video directly after it was originally uploaded and I really got a kick out of it. It seems easy enough, and would definitely be fun to break out at random times with the kid.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun, Matt! I bet your boy will love it. What a great secret to share with dad.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I've not seen "Mind Card" Matt, but this one is terrific and very simple.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6932
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Thanks for sharing that, Sudo. I have Speakeasy, but that requires quite a bit of work to go smoothy. I’d like to learn a system that is easily teachable to someone just before a gig. This seems to fit the bill.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thanks Sudo, I'll check it out.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I performed Mind Card last night for the first time with my kid. My mom (his grandma) is up visiting, and she was totally blown away.

I had a card selected face down while my son was on the other side of the room, and he nearly immediately told her what card it was.

We repeated it using a different method for good measure.

Definitely a good method to use with kids, though not too much younger than 7 or so, I'd say. You could teach this to older kids or adults in just a few minutes.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
Speakeasy by Dan Harlan. You can adapt the hell out of it and make it as big as you want.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

I would say Speakeasy is not a great suggestion if you just want to c*** playing cards. Especially for an 8 year old. Because you need to expand the Speakeasy system if you want to use a list of more than 10 (i.e. the three picture cards). Also systems like Mind Card or Code of Silence are just SO much easier to learn, explain and practice. (Speakeasy is great. But not for this.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Simple 2 person c**e for playing cards? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL