The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Roller Coaster by Hanson Chien (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1900 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This is a killer effect, super visual and very practical.
Patrick gave me one a coupe of months ago and I had a blast performing this!

"Most organic version of a classic killer."
- Yif

"I'm always a fan of Coin Through Glass plot and this is the most reliable method yet. Organic, simple and works."
- Patrick Kun

"A needed organic update to a strong piece of magic."
- Troy Von Scheibner

"I LOVE when magic becomes organic. This is definitely the best version on the market!"
- Henry Harris

"This is an instant modern classic. I love it!"
- Nicholas Lawrence

A masterpiece 140 years in the making.

In 1880, the first drink coasters made of cardboard were introduced by the German printing company.

There are already many tricks that can make a coin go through the bottom of a glass. Among the many existing ideas, using a coaster is the best solution because it allows the use of an ungimmicked glass and coin.

That's why Roller Coaster was born. It's easy to carry, easy to use, and it's a real coaster you will use in real life.

Almost any coins in this world can be placed in this coaster. You can also penetrate two coins at once, or use other objects. The surface of the coaster is made by Tyvek®, which keeps it stronger and waterproof.

Roller Coaster can do even more things when using your imagination -- it has unlimited possibilities for you to discover.

What's included in the box:

- A gimmicked coaster
- A regular coaster
- Online instructions

"The concept behind the workings is simply genius. I know magicians will love it!"
- Felix Bodden

ROLLER COASTER PATTERN:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65880

ROLLER COASTER BUDWEISER:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65879

ROLLER COASTER HEINEKEN:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65878

ROLLER COASTER COKE:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65877

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
jugagien
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of jugagien
I feel like this is "Leap" by Agus Tjiu but with a coaster. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

It's only practical if you can somehow sneak that coaster on to a bar table without any suspicion.
Can this be done with a signed coin?
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
I had a chance to play with this and its really really good. The visuals are crazy and the gimmick fors like exactly as it should.

Im a big fan of this so far Im pretty sure it will sell out in a blink of an eye.

Its available at: https://tinyurl.com/sw5ua2b

If you have any questions about Roller Coaster feel free to pm me. Smile

Best,
Tom
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2402 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
You can see one side of the coaster is higher than the other until he pushes it down at the critical moment. Not sure if spectators would notice.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2229 Posts

Profile of magicmind
So many microbrew coasters around I rarely see the big label ones. Too bad there is not a “generic craft brew” designed one. At $60 I wouldn’t know which to use without scouting a place first I really love this, but......
Pay it forward
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
282 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
This is such a smart idea to build it into this type of coaster, I'm surprised it hasn't been published before.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I really like the look of this . As I would use it as part of a routine or even combine it with “Leap”
Not sure how yet . But this is something that will fit into my style
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
903 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hanson sent me one of these prior to the release, and I have to say the gimmick is VERY well made. You get the gimmick and a matching coaster. The instructions are in Chinese with English subtitles, but are very clear with what you need to do. Easily one of my fave new effects to practice, as it looks like real magic. I posted a video on my instagram today, that I filmed earlier this week at a restaurant. One of the patrons came over to say that was one of the coolest tricks they had seen, since they were watching from another table
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
dj
View Profile
Special user
825 Posts

Profile of dj
The gimmick coaster in the video looks very, very thick.
I'm sorry but this really looks like a gimmick coaster.
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
282 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
It does lot alittle thick, but is better then that old coin dish/ash tray looking thing that’s also shown in the trailer.
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
This seems weird to me. If you're doing this on a coaster it seems pretty obvious the coaster is gimmicked. I mean, why the heck wouldn't you just do it on the table?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
One of the patrons came over to say that was one of the coolest tricks they had seen, since they were watching from another table

I fear that viewing this from across the room may be the best way to see this.
I would love for this to be a perfect solution to achieve this effect but I just don’t see how it could be.
Gennovense
View Profile
New user
Santiago
7 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Hanson sent me one of these prior to the release, and I have to say the gimmick is VERY well made. You get the gimmick and a matching coaster. The instructions are in Chinese with English subtitles, but are very clear with what you need to do. Easily one of my fave new effects to practice, as it looks like real magic. I posted a video on my instagram today, that I filmed earlier this week at a restaurant. One of the patrons came over to say that was one of the coolest tricks they had seen, since they were watching from another table

Just saw your video, looks great for social media however in real life, it might not be that good.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The only two things I am curious about is how does it look when placing the coaster on a table when a spectator is present and how long does it take to reset? I might purchase it to use as strolling magic in my restaurant gig.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I got the original coin penetration trick lately for a kid and played with it. This version looks very nice first hand, BUT:
how do you wanna get this in play? You will never ever have a roller coaster looking like this one in a bar. So it WILL look odd and suspicious.
Bring it in as your own rollercoaster? who carries a rollercoaster?

so I rather introduce something indefinable that looks kinda ashtray and people accept it than bring something into play, that pretends to be something but looks odd, different in direct comparison and suspicious.

The only idea to use it would be a location where you CAN'T find any rollercoasters and then you need a reason why you carry it around.

My main problem with this trick (and I mean both versions) is always the logic behind it: why are you putting something underneath the glass? not to be able to use sleight of hand?! maybe someone has an idea he wants to share for this.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1060 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
This does indeed look really good! Like AWESOME!
I'm sure it's well made, etc. Super fun to play with, just like Leap is too.

But.....

I agree that "why do this on the coaster"? Somewhat a small issue. That can be handled though.
I know you can just do it. Not bring attention to it. But it is a little too obvious.
The fact that an UN-gimmicked coaster is included is awesome though for sure. Big plus there.

This could be released as a regular coaster. Although, that might be hard to match up too. If you have a generic brown one for example. If the bar has a dark blue one... etc.

I really want to like this one. I think it can work. You just need to accept the attention you WILL get on the coaster. Yep, switching it out is not an issue. too easy to do. So no problem there.

Maybe use this with Victorian Coins and Glass by Kainoa Harbottle and Kozmomagic?
I'm just thinking as I write this... and it's 5am. LOL

Now I want this. It can definitely work!

(After they examine the glass, and you switch it out) Use this and go into a coin routine, saying "yeah, the coaster actually has nothing to do with the magic, let me show you something else"

OK... I want this now.

Sorry to bounce all over with my thoughts. I am on 2 hours sleep in the last 2 days. I'm going to order this.. and when it arrives be like "What is this, I don't remember ordering it"! Smile

Mike
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1060 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2019, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
.......My main problem with this trick (and I mean both versions) is always the logic behind it: why are you putting something underneath the glass? not to be able to use sleight of hand?! maybe someone has an idea he wants to share for this.

I was thinking the same thing.

But I think it can work for us.
Perform the trick. they WILL suspect the coaster. Make the switch while they're looking at the glass. Many ways to do this. Hand them the glass... switch.

Then explain that everyone thinks its the coaster. Then go into something else. Saying jokingly or whatever (whatever your personality is), "The coaster has nothing to do with the magic, let me show you something really cool"!

Just an idea that will work for me.

Mike
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
158 Posts

Profile of sevenup
This made me get out my invisible quarters gimmick. Gets same reactions.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
Christian de Punto
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
It has to be on a table? a coaster on a spectators hand would make sense... everybody knows that childhood trick with a filled glas, a coaster and you turn it over... same picture and a story to start in.
and yes, it looks a bit like an oreo-cake... ;-)
in any case it should be delivered with minimum 10 ungimmicked ones added.
i m thinking...
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Let’s place the glass on the coaster to stop the glass from moving or slipping
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Roller Coaster by Hanson Chien (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL