The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Roller Coaster by Hanson Chien (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Merenkov
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Nice review, David, but the fact that the gimmick "went off" before you were ready is troubling. I was imagining actually using the coaster in a bar as I nursed my drink, and then performing a short coin routine with the coaster finale. But is the coaster going to fire off the coin when I merely set my drink down on the coaster?
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, DavidKenney wrote:
@pegasus because it's not a defect, it's part of the effect. Rarely in advertising do they explain why or how the gimmick works = the discrepancy is never seen by anyone except you and once the trick is over , it vanishes. Plus you receive a second non gimmick coaster for spectator examination anyway, so this is really a non issue.

David, I just watched your review. Thank you as always for your great insight. Quick question if you don't mind answering. Would it be possible to fit a standard beer bottle cap in the device? Maybe if it was flattened a bit?
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1985 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
@Merenkov like I said in the video it's kind of like a mouse trap ... so once the glass comes in contact ... you're in the firing zone. LOL

@SlipperySnake like the figner ring I hold up in the video (simple thin line band) is about the thickest thing the coaster can handle. But I agree that would be a cool and organic way to do it. What if the real bottle cap was in your hand, false transfer or however you do your vanish and then fire off the roller coaster with a GAFF bottle cap. And then when you go to show the bottle cap from inside the glass - switch it back out again for a real one.

Like you said, maybe flatten out a real bottle cap and then trim down the lip - just so that it could pass inspection seen through the glass.

Another thing that could work would be a pull tab from a can? Combine it with PULLED EXTREME from Alan Rorrison and you've got a little 2 step routine
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I like David’s reviews , they are informative upbeat and always tell me enough of what I need to know Gaz 🙂
Brad Ballew
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
87 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2020, Merenkov wrote:
Nice review, David, but the fact that the gimmick "went off" before you were ready is troubling. I was imagining actually using the coaster in a bar as I nursed my drink, and then performing a short coin routine with the coaster finale. But is the coaster going to fire off the coin when I merely set my drink down on the coaster?

Mine definitely take a bit of pressure to activate, however I feel like a full drink resting on it would probably set it off. You'd probably be OK once your drink was half empty. You would just need to be gentle setting down your drink. Perhaps use the ungimmicked coaster at first and when your drink is halfway empty or less, make a switch at an opportune time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Roller Coaster by Hanson Chien (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL