The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fauxlogical by Reddevil (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thank you Michael! That means a lot. I enjoyed the opportunity to talk with you again after nearly two years.

The final edits and clarifications are being made, so I believe I will be able to release the book sooner than the end of the month. The book is now at 105 pages. Hope to have an update this week.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2252 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I feel very honoured and privileged to have been able to read an early copy of RedDevil's latest work.

The principle behind Fauxlogical is ingenious. Not only simple to execute but, once you know and have mastered the working, it opens the doors to many possibilities. As an alternative to coins, you could easily use other items (suggestions are given) and so theme the effect to suit you and conditions. It is versatile, deceptive and with the way it involves and draws the spectator(s) in entertaining.

The whole ebook was also a delight to read. Well-written and presented, I felt it was like reading a masterclass in a particular aspect of mentalism. Not only are many helpful presentational tips given but some clever ploys which can easily be employed in other routines as well.

Over the years RedDevil has released some solid and very practical material and, with each publication, has 'raised the bar.' With Fauxlogical he has done so again putting a new spin on 'Which hand' effects, their presentation and entertainment value.

For what it offers and its potential, I give Fauxlogical my highest recommendation.

Well done RedDevil and definitely worth getting.

Neil
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of tricky360
I’ve just read FAUXLOGICAL and once again I’m blown away with Red Devil’s thinking, he never disappoints. This technique is so so cunning, with many layers of deception thrown in for good measure. The ?.? switch ( part 2 in the book ) is another great subtlety, use it with which hand and the spectator simply has no where to go regarding method. I can only repeat what others have said about this, simply ingenious. I don’t know how Red does it.

Very highly recommended 😊😊😊
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Neil and Michael,

These two posts made my day. I am so glad you see the potential in this. I have not published an ebook for over two years, so I am very excited to present this to everyone.

To Neil's point, yes, the primary focus is on coins and mentalism (and the special properties that sometimes are useful about them), but with some of the tools in Section 2, you can play with many objects, M&M's, Poker Chips, Pebbles, dice, etc.

It is my hope that most of you will get some tools in your toolchest that you have never seen before and that are extremely useful in impromptu close-up mentalism.

As an update, I am getting some help from a "friend" to format and design the book, and I have pretty much completed the editing process. Once those finishing touches are completed, and we have done one more run through for any typos/errors that remain, I will release the book and end the pre-order special (at www.reddevilmentalism.com). The interest in the pre-order special has exceeded my expectations, so thanks to all of those of you (mostly long-time customers of my work) who continue to have faith in my creations. Once the book is released, it will go up to the regular price of $35.00. For all the tools and ideas you are getting, I feel you will be very pleased. Thank you!

Pixelated
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
When I saw above that someone had read it, I got a bit excited thinking it was ready!

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Won't be long, Pixelated. I know you will enjoy it. Speaking of being almost ready, just received the brand new cover design from our talented friend SUDO! Check it out...

I plan to release the book in a matter of a few days. The pre-order special is $27.50. After I send out the pre-orders (thank you, to all those people!), I will set it to the regular price of $35.00. You can check it out at www.reddevilmentalism.com

Thanks, everyone!

Click here to view attached image.

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
If all goes well, I will release the book tomorrow evening or Monday. I am proud of this one, and I truly believe there is something in this book for everyone, especially some of the utilities with coins and objects. I don't release things very often, so I get very excited (and nervous) when one of these babies is born. I will keep the pre-order price up through at least today at my website. Enjoy!

Click here to view attached image.

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
The ebook should go out today. It is embedded with video tutorials for the principles and a few rough performance demos of:

Fauxlogical
Faux-as-I-Faux
Right Left Roulette

If you have any questions, PM me, and a Facebook group address will be sent to purchasers of the book. There are already a few videos in there. I think only 10 people or so have seen this book to date, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

The pre-order price ends this evening, so I will keep that up for a few more hours.

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
All purchases have been sent out this afternoon. If you did not receive it, please check junk folder, but also PM me if you need me, and I will get you squared away.

tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Red Devil has released some videos with Fauxlogical. You can now see Reds performance off the page and live to give you a better understanding of how this plays out.
Thanks for sharing, you should be able to check these out soon. 😊
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Glad you enjoyed them, Mick. I have already had several messages and emails from people with various ideas, and that's probably the best part of releasing one of these creations. It's a big eBook as they go (120 pages), and the swatches in the second section can be technical. So I added quick tutorial vids and a few performance samples in the sections of the book. I put some vids in the Facebook Group just to get started. In full confession, as most of you who know me already know, my talents lie more toward the creation side than the performance side, so please forgive the rough videos and deep southern accent...Smile

phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
749 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Can’t wait to dive into this devious man’s mind once again. You, my friend, never disappoint...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2223 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys

Will post my full thoughts on the whole book today.
I have been performing this non-stop and have even done it over the radio and over the phone
More later

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Alex, look forward to hearing your thoughts, and I am very glad you have been performing it. You always hope to hear those words when you are creating something like this. IN this book, I wanted to create effects that people could use right away and know they would work almost 100%...but also be able to fit the ideas into their own style and presentations.I am also proud to have published some pretty cool simple manipulations of small objects like coins that can help you avoid (or layer) equi8888e if you like.

Because of the unique properties given to us by the universe with grouping objects like coins in certain ways, you can really get away with some pretty cool mentalism, and it has all been right in front of us the whole time. That's what Section 2 is all about, and it has three routines:

Faux-as-I-Faux
Faux-Quivoque (non Equi88888)
Right Left Roulette...or if you like, "Don't turn us into zombies."

Phedon, I hope you will enjoy it! Great to hear from you.

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2223 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
FauxLogical by Red Devil

I have been a fan of Red Devils thinking for awhile now, and he always amazes me with the new principles and ways he comes up with.
This is no different. If you are like me, you know RedDevil puts out quality stuff. If you are new, this release will get your juices flowing.

What do you get?

A 139 page book.

Book 1 goes over the main routine and method, using some coins.

You will divine the coin the spectators want you to find, using no electronics.

This is the one I have enjoyed fooling my fellow mentalists. The method slips right by them.

I have even done it over the radio and on the phone. It is now my go to impromptu effect.

RedDevil leaves no stone unturned and discusses all the nooks and dives deep into method, how it works, why it works, gives you a sample video, and even gives you a sample script. Nobody will figure this out....trust me. I have even performed it for a famous mentalist, and he had no clue.

Book Two: VRAI

First routine: Same as above but you don't need to ask any truth/lie questions if you don't want to, its as clean as that, you can guess the location of one coin or even all the coins.

The next routine is where this book shines, because it seems so fair, you can have them switch coins around in their hand, and yet you can identify all of them.

The next routine deals with elimination.

The next routine deals with more coins, same as first and second routine but they can add another coin.

Faux Quivoque - for magician spectators familiar with equivoque.
Faux as I Faux - Do As I do effect but with coins, end result is a mirror image of what spectator is holding.

Right-Left Routine - uses techniques and principles from above.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
How much of this relies on the truth or lie scenarios ? I love the sound of this because I know how good Red Devil’s thinking is but I am just not a massive fan of the truth or lie premise . I find it can be very confusing for the spectators at times Gaz 🙂
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
I have almost finished the book and I must say that the moment I realised how this system works, I immediately realised how this could be applied to some ideas I was developing in the past but had hit a brick wall and had put in the drawer until now.
I have already shared one of the routines in the group which uses the technique taught in Fauxlogical in book 1. I love how the material in this book has sparked my creativity and I think that is the best thing about it. The ideas and the routines are very clever and I can see a lot of people using them exactly as they are taught but in my opinion, this is more like a tool, or a system that you can use to build on.
I think that RedDevil's contribution to the plot is great, not only because the method is clever but because he has added something to the pre-existing routines of this nature. It's a simple idea but that's what makes it great.
Can't wait to play with this more and maybe experiment with other routines that I had in mind.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Gaz, the first routine/section of the book is a liar/truthteller method and routine, but the book is about far more. The other three routines have nothing to do with liar/truthteller themes.

Alex and Manos, I am thrilled you enjoyed the book, and Manos, I am so glad you see that the books is about more than effects. I believe the tools with coins and small objects I share are useful in a 1000 routines for magic and mentalism.

Thanks all! Right now, I am only sharing the book through my website at www.reddevilmentalism.com

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you very much for your reply RedDevil , best wishes Gaz 🙂
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2252 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Once you know the principle, the effect can be tailored to suit you and your performing conditions. This is why Fauxlogical is so good - it can be the basis of so much more.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fauxlogical by Reddevil (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL