The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » D. B. Cooper exposed .. I think they found him!!!! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2020, critter wrote:
I'm not mad tho. Got a pretty decent wand spin and this cool Bat-Suit out of the deal.

For what it is worth I found this hilarious. Not enough of these out there any more by posters here.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
D. B. Cooper is like Jack The Ripper, everybody's got their pet theory, and they're going to resent claims that contradict what they "know" is true!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, ed rhodes wrote:
D. B. Cooper is like Jack The Ripper . . . .

Maybe Cooper is Jack the Ripper!

I confess that I'd never thought about that before.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Well, maybe he's Batman! I mean, we can honestly say we've never seen Batman and D.B. Cooper together!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
That was the H.H. Holmes gag. One of the (IMO) sillier Jack the Ripper theories is that he and H.H. Holmes were the same dude. I'm of the "not too likely" camp.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Well, maybe he's Batman! I mean, we can honestly say we've never seen Batman and D.B. Cooper together!

Which brings us right back to the NewsRadio clip I posted, above.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Really, now. Everyone knows DB Copper is actually S. W. Erdnase.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17637 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So much fun!!!!!! EYE WITNESS TIME!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Even with capital letters eye witnesses testimony is notoriously less reliable as time passes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1193 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, critter wrote:
That was the H.H. Holmes gag. One of the (IMO) sillier Jack the Ripper theories is that he and H.H. Holmes were the same dude. I'm of the "not too likely" camp.

I just read "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson. Chronicles H.H. Holmes and the Chicago World Fair. Wow...that was one messed up guy, in an era that allowed him to do so much evil...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2020, Slim King wrote:
Well in the DB Cooper world nothing is settled. Everyone seems to have their own champion. The Peka/Reka crowd was not well received at some of these conventions. In fact some guys wanted a piece of their hides ... The majority reject the story. So I've spent several months reviewing their testimony and documents. The evidence is far and above all the others combined. I have a few more interviews to do but it's looking more and more like he's the real deal. There is massive documentation to back up their claims. The publishing company has agreed to let me bring the evidence to the radio/podcast/youtube community. I still have an open mind but there are eye witnesses that put him there in Washington just a few minutes after he landed. At one time I believed it was imgic's guy .. But no longer.

You go to D.B.Cooper conventions?
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, critter wrote:

I just read "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson. Chronicles H.H. Holmes and the Chicago World Fair. Wow...that was one messed up guy, in an era that allowed him to do so much evil...

Yea the hotel and such. It was a creepy time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16222 Posts

Profile of tommy
Every contact leaves a trace, is the main principle of forensic science. i.e., fingerprints, cigarette butts, etcetera, were found in the plane by the FBI. Allegedly the FBI bungled it and lost this evidence. I find the FBI bungled the evidence theory hard to believe. I think it more likely someone in the FBI bungled the evidence on purpose for money or for some other reason.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
People watch too much TV.

Every contact leaves a trace is a maun principal of TV forensics where all crime is solved and tried in 44 minutes.

In real life, not so much.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A main principle. I have no clue what a maun principal is. Ugh.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17637 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, ringmaster wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2020, Slim King wrote:
Well in the DB Cooper world nothing is settled. Everyone seems to have their own champion. The Peka/Reka crowd was not well received at some of these conventions. In fact some guys wanted a piece of their hides ... The majority reject the story. So I've spent several months reviewing their testimony and documents. The evidence is far and above all the others combined. I have a few more interviews to do but it's looking more and more like he's the real deal. There is massive documentation to back up their claims. The publishing company has agreed to let me bring the evidence to the radio/podcast/youtube community. I still have an open mind but there are eye witnesses that put him there in Washington just a few minutes after he landed. At one time I believed it was imgic's guy .. But no longer.

You go to D.B.Cooper conventions?

I've been invited .. But I'm in contact with many of the guys that do. I'll be at the next one.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17637 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, tommy wrote:
Every contact leaves a trace, is the main principle of forensic science. i.e., fingerprints, cigarette butts, etcetera, were found in the plane by the FBI. Allegedly the FBI bungled it and lost this evidence. I find the FBI bungled the evidence theory hard to believe. I think it more likely someone in the FBI bungled the evidence on purpose for money or for some other reason.

I think you are 100% correct .. The FBI was caught in several Discrepancies ......
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Holmes was in Chicago when the first Ripper killing happened.
A more interesting theory, which has some (thin) backing, is that Jack sailed to the U.S. and killed several ladies, then sailed back to England and turned himself in, finally dyeing in a British asylum.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16222 Posts

Profile of tommy
In forensic science, Locard's principle holds that the perpetrator of a crime will bring something into the crime scene and leave with something from it, and that both can be used as forensic evidence. Dr. Edmond Locard (1877–1966) was a pioneer in forensic science who became known as the Sherlock Holmes of Lyon, France.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Please name the last huge case forensic science broke alone.

I tell you in cop circles, you know where most crime is solved that is solved, it is detective work and such that breaks cases. Forensics gets a lot of TV time and is shown in unrealistic ways. You have about 48 hours to get serious movement on a case before it is in the wind pretty much forever. Forensic science takes weeks. Do the math. It is the equivalent of thinking the movie Backdraft is in any way indicative of how to fight fires.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » D. B. Cooper exposed .. I think they found him!!!! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL