The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool 2020 new releases (127 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
If anyone can pick me up a copy of voodoo needle I’ll PayPal the amount along with shipping costs? (In UK)
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Anyone know the name of the new Mickael Chatelain matrix effect? Patrick Kun and Shin Lim both posted this guy performing it and comments said it was Mickael's effect. It was like matrix art, but the hole orientation when all 4 holes are together is different then matrix art. If anyone could shoot me the name and creator if it's not by Mickael Chatelain it would be most appreciated!
dj
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of dj
jay1209
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of jay1209
So managed to make Blackpool on the Friday, lots of new effects and happy to say lots of workers. My top picks were:

RSVP box by Matthew Wright. This is an updated version of his original RSVP box only instead of it being plastic, its now aluminium. I have used his original version in my set since release and so this for me was a no brainer. It went straight to work with me last night and it was great. A quality prop, lots of ideas and made to last a lifetime. For the worker, its a must if you love object to impossible location.

Transform by Saturn Magic. I always wanted to add the silk to egg effect in my act but never liked the idea of the egg. It seemed dated and so with Transform, a napkin turns into an 8 ball. A nice use of flash paper at the end to show the ball as a real pool ball and not a shell. Again a real worker and one not to be missed.

Also the Pool Ball holder from Saturn was great and for £10 a bargain for a neat holder

Interchange by Gary James. This I loved when I saw it and really felt it would work well in the real world. A folded card appears on a leather key fob, when removed (by the spectator) its their signed one. A quality prop and only £20 on the stand. This packs small and plays big. When I saw this performed on the stand, there was a lovely moment where the key fob is shown with no card in it, yet later on the card was there. No sleight of hand and all self contained.

I also loved the holders that Gary James offers too, he certainly knows his stuff and produces some great quality products great for the worker

In Focus by Joel Dickinson and Andrew Dean. Now I know both are regular workers and so once I saw this, I knew it would play well to a lay audience. A visual moment of Magic where a signed card or object can be pulled from the magicians lapel, leaving you looking clean at the end. Really nice and one I can't wait to try.

Flash Paper. Theres only one stand required for anything flash and that's illusioncraft. Great to see Adam back and with plenty of stock. The finest flash paper and all for a great price

Now I did have a look at David Penns latest effects and while good, I just wish the trailers were more honest with what is happening and what moves are required to obtain the end outcome. His invisible deck kicker is sure to work in the real world but for me, I prefer producing a thought of card from flash which is achieved by a 6 card index of most popular cards I have come across over the past 12 years or so I have been performing. Its a nice visual moment of magic and eliminates having to carry around another gimmick deck along with my invisible deck.

Its also worth noting that while I didn't purchase anything from JB Magic this year. Mark had some really brilliant effects and looking back, I wish I would have bought Initial Shock. as always Mark is a master at performing and really is a master when it comes to demming Magic and so seeing him do what he does best is always great at Blackpool. I watched him Dem Initial Shock about 5 or 6 times and each time the visual moment where initials jump from the card box to the spectators signed card really looked like Magic!! Even writing this, I am kicking myself for not picking this up!!

Warped Magic had lots of great products and I particularly like the Sven pads they produce and the rope which is the best I have come across at any dealer and super cheap. As always Darren is on hand to help and offers great advice on effects and Magic in general.

I hope the above helps and anyone at Blackpool this weekend enjoy!!

Final shout out to Harry Robson. A true gentleman of Magic, Happy to talk, advice and just be there for anyone. I know its his last year at Blackpool and so I wish him all the very best. I am sure he will be greatly missed and I was privileged he asked me to sign his T shirt!
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, dj wrote:
Matrix:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3820

Or Matrix 2.0:
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/card-magic/matrix-20/

Thanks DJ for the response. Unfortunatly I don't believe those are it. In those thr 4 holes don't travel and make a nice square like the one shown. It may not be a chatelain effect, but that's just what people said on the videos.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of magicmann
No its not the same effect, the one on facebook was made by the person who is performing it. It is a fantastic effect but is made by him
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
To Doric and others I watched Voodoo needle properly today .
Hands up it fooled me , so much so I bought it as I was not going to ask the method for the sake of spending another £10 .
Method is really really great and you start and end clean , to be fair it’s genius .
I foolishly had overlooked this and thanks to Doric that’s no longer the case .
Best wishes Gaz 👍🙂

Sorry for being so annoying! I'm glad you liked it. 😁
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Doric I really did enjoy it and I appreciated the heads up on this Gaz 🙂
tomd
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of tomd
Oooo friendssss
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Tomd I am friends with everyone who truly loves
magic .
The only people who I have ever crossed paths with are people via the internet .
No one who I ever meet face to face has ever caused me a problem and 95% don’t even cause me a problem online .
Doric wasn’t even in that 5% , that 5% was in your imagination and that’s where the social media problem lies imho , it’s adding 2 and 2 and making 10 it’s laughable really
Gaz 🙂
tomd
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of tomd
Oooo magic frieeendddss

...I’m only playing Gaz. Smile
And for anyone who doesn’t get the reference: https://youtu.be/j9-hRivcIY8
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10604 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2020, jay1209 wrote

Warped Magic had lots of great products and I particularly like the Sven pads they produce and the rope which is the best I have come across at any dealer and super cheap. As always Darren is on hand to help and offers great advice on effects and Magic in general.

I

Thank you very much for all the great tips and feedback from Blackpool.

Please be clear that the word SVENPADS ®️ Is a registered worldwide Trademark sold by authorized Magic dealers worldwide. Each comes with a genuine hologram seal to verify authenticity. Each is handmade in the United States of America. Each is hand checked before it is packaged. Each comes with a lifetime guarantee for quality precision craftsmanship. More than 100,000 sold since 2015.

The copycat products that Warped Magic (magician Darren Robinson) are selling are not genuine SvenPads ®️ but rather generic Svengali type pads.

All good and well, but there is a big difference. The name SvenPad ®️ is not a generic name.

Take care and thank you.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
622 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
He didn’t say Svenpads, he said sven pads, if we’re being picky!
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1247 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2020, TheGingerWizard wrote:

TheGingerWizard, The Ginger Wizard, different people?

Coca Cola, CocaCola, different drinks?

He said sven pad, and meant something that isn't a sven pad.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
622 Posts

Do you mean Coca-Cola? 😁
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1247 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
Do you mean Coca-Cola? 😁

No, that's a different drink.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
622 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 16, 2020, Olympic Adam wrote: TheGingerWizard, The Ginger Wizard, different people?

Absolutely!! Unless it is specifically called TheGingerWizard ® © ™️ and is displaying official holographic TGW ® © ™️ Nipple tassels then I’m afraid that all you have is a generic red haired fella with magical powers.

Don’t get it twisted!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1500 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, Olympic Adam wrote:
Quote:

TheGingerWizard, The Ginger Wizard, different people?

Coca Cola, CocaCola, different drinks?

He said sven pad, and meant something that isn't a sven pad.

We all knew what he meant, Adam. So it was a good description for everybody except Brett. Brett is posting this because of commercial reasons. I honestly don’t get what your reason is, though.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dyoung
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of dyoung
To be honest, if you're gonna be annoyed every time someone uses the word "svenpad" because its your registered trademark, maybe you should've chosen something that's not extremely generic. I used to sell sven decks, and in my note book I had a trick that required a "sven book" (that's the abbreviation I used), and even in my notes I have written "sven pad", way before you started manufacturing them. Maybe you should've chosen something that isn't the typical abbreviation? Something cool... like "Lazer Pads" or something Smile

All the best,
Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool 2020 new releases (127 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL