The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Blackpool 2020 new releases (127 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
966 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, TuneHV wrote:
Industrial Revelation does not lock, so this is an update to the method. Let alone a new twist on the presentation with it being a phone case.

My initial reaction was that IR looked a little more natural as a block of steel exists- a metal phone does not. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the oddity of the object and framing the presentation around it all being an illusion as even the phone is not real is a cool approach. Well done.


Industrial Revelation is examinable and does lock.
You can adjust part of the gimmick so its very very hard to open.
So basically it locks. No spectator ever opened mine!

You take something that is not available anymore, something that went well with the community and had a big success.
And then you produce it in a different shape.

This is copying in my opinion.
I start hating the magic industry, seriously.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3116 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, TuneHV wrote:
Industrial Revelation does not lock, so this is an update to the method. Let alone a new twist on the presentation with it being a phone case.

My initial reaction was that IR looked a little more natural as a block of steel exists- a metal phone does not. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the oddity of the object and framing the presentation around it all being an illusion as even the phone is not real is a cool approach. Well done.


Industrial Revelation is examinable and does lock.
You can adjust part of the gimmick so its very very hard to open.
So basically it locks. No spectator ever opened mine!

You take something that is not available anymore, something that went well with the community and had a big success.
And then you produce it in a different shape.

This is copying in my opinion.
I start hating the magic industry, seriously.


That is what people said about Industrial Revolution...it stole from the matchbox penetration. It was nothing new when it came out.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
966 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, TuneHV wrote:
Industrial Revelation does not lock, so this is an update to the method. Let alone a new twist on the presentation with it being a phone case.

My initial reaction was that IR looked a little more natural as a block of steel exists- a metal phone does not. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the oddity of the object and framing the presentation around it all being an illusion as even the phone is not real is a cool approach. Well done.


Industrial Revelation is examinable and does lock.
You can adjust part of the gimmick so its very very hard to open.
So basically it locks. No spectator ever opened mine!

You take something that is not available anymore, something that went well with the community and had a big success.
And then you produce it in a different shape.

This is copying in my opinion.
I start hating the magic industry, seriously.


That is what people said about Industrial Revolution...it stole from the matchbox penetration. It was nothing new when it came out.


I agree to some point.
But compared to the MatchBox Penetration the Industrial Revelation concept was a big leap forward.
The weight, feel, routine options. Itís a beauty. The buzz it created is very much justified.
A locking mechanism and another case doesnít justify a new release for 250$ in my opinion!
It really saddens me how creators and the industry treat each other.
The Dice situation, Illuminati Magic, now this. Sad figures!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Disagree with this as others have said the match box is the same effect as industrial revelation which I have owned nearly 30 years .
I am not moaning about either of these new releases . Proper locking also makes a difference in my opinion although I wouldnít buy any as the match box does all the job I need . Itís not a worldy of an effect imo so not worth £200 Gaz 🙂
Ps beautifully made as always though by Joao
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
A heads up , go and see Benke on the Balcony with his Cubesmith . You wonít regret it Gaz 👍👍🙂
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3818 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
I agree to some point.
But compared to the MatchBox Penetration the Industrial Revelation concept was a big leap forward.
The weight, feel, routine options. Itís a beauty. The buzz it created is very much justified.
A locking mechanism and another case doesnít justify a new release for 250$ in my opinion!
It really saddens me how creators and the industry treat each other.
The Dice situation, Illuminati Magic, now this. Sad figures!


Yes, this is why I buy and read a lot of books, also old books, better way to study our art and to come up with different and (")new(") ideas and concepts... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Doric
Voodoo Needle - wow, the method is crazy! Best £10 buy of the convention. Track one down today.
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Doric wrote:
Voodoo Needle - wow, the method is crazy! Best £10 buy of the convention. Track one down today.


whos effect is that?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I didnít rate the voodoo needle you have to have one hand under the table with a huge magnet in one hand or on some part of your body Gaz 🙂 ps this is speculation but it looked obvious and unnatural that one hand went wandering
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2246 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Voodoo Needle I believe is by Peter Eggink
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Magicalos wrote:

whos effect is that?


Voodoo Needle is Aeon Sun's effect, I believe.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes Magic Mark is correct but itís on Peters stand , Gaz 🙂
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I didnít rate the voodoo needle you have to have one hand under the table with a huge magnet in one hand or on some part of your body Gaz 🙂 ps this is speculation but it looked obvious and unnatural that one hand went wandering

No magnet, no wires, no hand under the table required. It has you fooled Gaz.😉
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It hasnít as I just didnít give it a good look as it wasnít my thing . If I wanted it I would have paid more attention to it but it really isnít my type of effect , but for a tenner I suppose you canít go wrong Gaz 🙂
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
966 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
I agree to some point.
But compared to the MatchBox Penetration the Industrial Revelation concept was a big leap forward.
The weight, feel, routine options. Itís a beauty. The buzz it created is very much justified.
A locking mechanism and another case doesnít justify a new release for 250$ in my opinion!
It really saddens me how creators and the industry treat each other.
The Dice situation, Illuminati Magic, now this. Sad figures!


Yes, this is why I buy and read a lot of books, also old books, better way to study our art and to come up with different and (")new(") ideas and concepts... Jan


More and more we will drift towards times where really fresh and new concepts will not be shared anymore because of disrespectful behavior.
People are like to save money instead of supporting originality.
So how to fight greediness, theft of ideas and a dog-eat-dog society within our small community?!
Maybe by inventing a ďcopy cat awardď for missing originality and creativity. 🏆😾
Nobody would like to get nominated but so many deserve it!
Btw. I really liked Roland HenningĎs ďWeekly Magic Failure Blogď.

These greedy industry guys seem to notice a certain interest for a (in this case now unavailable) product and just copy it blatantly for private gain.
That is how it feels to me.

Jamie D. Grant I salute you for Industrial Revelation. Hope you get at least credits.
IR will stay far superior over this fake metal phone.
I did a big mistake when selling it in the past but had the chance of getting it again.

@Mr. Miranda, IR does lock very well and can be examined by spectators.
I never had any problems with that. DonĎt invent problems.
The heavy item presentation by Calen M. is also anything but new.
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
It hasnít as I just didnít give it a good look as it wasnít my thing . If I wanted it I would have paid more attention to it but it really isnít my type of effect , but for a tenner I suppose you canít go wrong Gaz 🙂

It fooled you! 😜
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8225 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Doric wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
It hasnít as I just didnít give it a good look as it wasnít my thing . If I wanted it I would have paid more attention to it but it really isnít my type of effect , but for a tenner I suppose you canít go wrong Gaz 🙂

It fooled you! 😜


Have you two not met up yet? Smile Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No he wonít tell me who or where he is Pegasus regards Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am going to actually go and ook at this effect now tomorrow as all I saw as I skipped by the stand was a huge pad across the table and the guy helping Peter writing on this pad with the other hand under the table . I am going to check it out now and if it fools me I will tell you . I never gave it a second thought I literally saw a huge pad and not a great performing pose Gaz 🙂
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
No he wonít tell me who or where he is Pegasus regards Gaz 🙂

I'm worried that you'll beat me up. 😯

In the meantime have a look at the Voodoo pin trick and see if you can work it out. I payed a tenner to learn the secret. The method is just weird.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Blackpool 2020 new releases (127 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL