The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
Can any sound experts out there help me with this issue? I have a show playlist on a Kindle, which I patch into a Fender Passport Conference amp system. All my music tracks are Mp3, and all play well on the Kindle (and on Windows Media Player for that matter). The strange thing is that some of them will not play properly through the amplifier. Not only is the volume abnormally low, the sound is muffled and I also hear noises in the background that sound like a distant parakeet chirping. Those tracks that I downloaded directly from the internet work well. The problem is with tracks that I recorded myself from the internet using a program called Total Recorder. So you would think there is a problem in the way I recorded them, right? Except that THE TRACKS PLAY FINE ON THE KINDLE -- BUT THEY MANIFEST THE PROBLEMS LISTED ABOVE ONLY WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THEM THROUGH THE AMP. Does anyone know why that would be? Thanks.
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
UPDATE: I just paid for and downloaded another Mp3 file -- it plays perfectly on the Kindle but when I try to play it through the Amp it has the same sound issues I described above. So the problem is not just with songs I record myself; the problem also exists for songs I download.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It could be your cable or conenction to the amp/system. Have you tried another cable or are you using the proepr cable(s)?
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
Mindpro, there can't be a problem with the cable because other songs that I play from the same playlist, using the same equipment, play just fine.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Are you sure your input/component can play both/all formats?
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
All songs on the playlist are Mp3 files, unless there is some subtle technical difference I don't know about.
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
And, again, it is SO bizarre that some of the songs play fine on the Kindle itself, but not through the amp. Others play fine both on the Kindle and through the amp, using the same cable.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
There seems to be a signal problem of some type. Are some tracks/songs older format files or versions and those not playing a newer format or Mp3?
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
I'm not sure how I would tell that. As I said, they are all Mp3. But, yes, there must be some kind of signal problem with a few of the tracks.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Not alll MP3 files are created equal, James. For example, bitrates and sample rates can be different, and that has the potential to present compatibility problems in some file players. It’s also possible that some of your files are corrupted.

I suggest three things. Try re-downloading the audio files from wherever you bought them.

Another is to try other mp3 files players to see if any work with all your files.

The other is to use any mp3 converter/creator, and use exactly the same settings for one of your files that works and one that does not, and then see if they both play correctly. If so, convert ALL of you mp3 files in exactly the same way. Just be aware that every mp3 conversion adds degradation. In a room full of magic fans, probably no one will notice.

Good luck!
Dan McLean Jr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL