The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » House of Cards Nashville - Next up Magic Castle!!! Any tips for a first timer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djsqzme
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of djsqzme
My wife and I got to go to House of Cards while we were down at Nashville. It was such a wonderful experience, from the food to the drinks, and of course the magic. Where can I even start, the magic piano Thurston, the close up tables, the stage show.

Words cannot describe how much fun this night out was. It was our 7 year anniversary and what a night to remember! We got there a tiny bit earlier and got to enjoy a glass of cocktail prior to getting seated. The cocktails were really tasty, and this is coming from a couple that goes out to a ton of craft cocktail spots, the cocktails aren't your everyday cocktails like The Last Word, Old Fashioned, Mojitos etc. Definitely give Snake Eyes a try when you are there if you like mezcal. We were seated and service was excellent. We ordered the Soup Du Jour, Domestic Rack of Lamb, Duck Confit, Duck Fat Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Jam. The Lamb was cooked perfectly and the Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Jam was really good! The fingerling was okay I'd probably skip it for the scallops or another bowl of soup!

The haunted piano (Thurston) was a delight, he played all of our requests and it was a pleasure to listen to. Request Autumn Leaves, one of my favorite jazz songs when you guys go!

The magicians on the night that we were there were: Terry Hedges, Kevin King, Amory Hermetz and Bill Cook. All of them were great! Terry and Amory was my favorite. Even as a sleight of hand enthusiast myself, it was still a pleasure to watch them execute their sleights with such grace and skill.

I'll be visiting LA in 2 weeks and was lucky enough to get an invite into the Magic Castle. I can't wait! My dinner time is set for 10pm, but we plan on going early for drinks and trying to get into other shows. Any tips for a first timer who's going to the magic castle?
Eldini
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Eldini
The magic castle is great!!

Try to see all the shows, it's possible if you try, Also, don't ignore the side rooms. There may be folks in there showing off their skills as well.

Have fun!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3620 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I love the House of Cards. When in LA, ask to see Pop Hyden. Tell him you're a friend of Uncle Red in Louisville.
djsqzme
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of djsqzme
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2020, jimhlou wrote:
I love the House of Cards. When in LA, ask to see Pop Hyden. Tell him you're a friend of Uncle Red in Louisville.

Thank you! I shall next time. I did end up going to the Magic Castle and got to check out 3 rooms (close up, parlor of prestidigitalation, palace of mystery, and the library bar). Made me want to move to LA so I can go every weekend to check out the rotating group. I missed Richard Turner by a couple days. Boy would have have been something to see. But every one that performed there was amazing and such great performers!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » House of Cards Nashville - Next up Magic Castle!!! Any tips for a first timer? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL