The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Old Magic props (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Hi all

I am wanting to find out the value of some magic props which I have. If you know the value. please let me know. I am possibly wanting to sell in the near future.

Item 1: A brass cigarette vanish tube.
Item 2: (Copper or bronze - not sure) Ring and Shell
Item 3: Brass Block. Used for Needle through match box. Gimmick is well made. Can be shown for inspection after routine.
Item 4: Metal pinkie finger tip
Item 5: 2 x old finger clips for cigarette vanish. one with ring, one with wedge.

I will try to post pic if I can figure it out.

Thank you in advance.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I cant seem to post pictures. Please pm me your email address if you would like me to send you pictures of the items.
Wolflock
South Africa
Topper2
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Topper2
It really is hard to visualise what is being offered so I'm guessing you refer to the following, which I take in order:-

1, I have something similar which is a brass tube with an insert, you wrap a Rizzla cigarette paper round the the insert to make it look exactly like a real cig, then you push it into the tube where it lodges tightly and makes the tube appear empty when a spectator opens it. I also have a cigarette 'pull' with elastic attached for vanishing it up the sleeve. Your description could apply to either or neither of these things.
2, I think this must be a Jardine Ellis ring, they are usually chromium plated though. They are still widely available today.
3, No idea about this one.
4, This is possibly a thumb tip intended for a child, I had one when I was about 8 years old, they were made by Ellisdon's and sold in large numbers in Woolworth's and similar outlets.
5, These again were sold in large numbers for producing a cigarette from an apparently empty hand by hiding it in a back palm position.

If my guesses as to what you have are correct I would say that all of these items have a very low value as they were mass produced, but take your chance on ebay and let the market decide.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Man thanks for the reply Topper2.

Yes it is difficult to visualise without the pictures. I understand completely where you are coming from.

1. The brass tube - you are correct on its use. It looks very similar to the Brema ones I see online but not 100%. So I don't think it is a Brema. The Brema ones look to have a bottom which pushes the cigarette back out. mine has the screw in lever. I also have a cigarette pull, but, it looks of plastic and not worth anything.
2. I believe you are correct as I had someone else comment on fb that it is an Ellis Ring.
3. The best way to discribe this is a brass block, you insert it into a matchbox and you challenge a spectator to try put a needle through the box. They cannot get it right and you take it out to show that it seems impossible and you tricked them by putting a block in to stop them from putting a needle through. You visibly put the block back in the box and proceed to push a needle through the center of the box without hindrance. The block can then be taken out and given to the spectator to inspect. Very Well made and gimmick is not visible to the naked eye. If you go onto SME Talk on FB groups, you can see photos of all.
4. Very possible that it was meant for a child. It fits on my little finger but My hands are not the biggest.

Many thanks for your input. I highly appreciate it.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Old Magic props (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL