The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Routine in print for ballerina hank? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
549 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Title says it all. I think is an effect with much potential but I don't know any published work for this. Does anyone know?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22358 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This prop is not meant to be more then a few seconds of lively action, and comedy if you wish. It came with instructions, and you should follow them.

You can also search "Ballerina Hank magic trick", and watch the video listings given.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
549 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I know mr Hegbli, I have the instructions. I was searching for some additional moves and handlings. I think videos in youtube really don't explore the power of the effect. Thank you.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3186 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I used to perform the old "Fatima" silk knot dance first, and then after her high kick finale, continued for a few seconds using my own version of the gimmick to have her go crazy. I had to revise the little ditty to keep up with the times and the longer routine:

"Fatima liked to dance and play, For fifty cents she'd dance this way, But if a dollar you would pay, She'd go tah-rah-rah-BOOM-tee-ay. She sometimes left the ground below, As up and onward she would go; she fluttered like a butterfly, and sometimes leaped into the sky. She liked to jump from here to there, As if she didn't have a care; Just as she danced from there to here, She suddenly would disappear!"

Alternate verse for "Fatima" on you-tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQwuhRct75s&feature=emb_logo
FrankFindley
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Steve Duscheck covered Waltzing Matilda in his lecture back in late 1970s/early 1980s. But the lecture notes are hard to come by. Tenyo put out some demos when they got manufacturing rights.

Steve St Eve published his routine and tips in the December 1968 issue of New Tops.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
549 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Thank you JimGerrish Smile
FrankFindley the New Tops magazine is really difficult to check! But thank you anyway Smile
FrankFindley
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2020, Vogler wrote:
the New Tops magazine is really difficult to check! But thank you anyway Smile

The complete set for 1968 can be downloaded for $4 from Lybrary.com: https://www.lybrary.com/new-tops-volume-8-1968-p-880641.html. It is also included in the ask alexander archives: www.askalexander.org
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
549 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Thank you very much Frank! I just bought it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Routine in print for ballerina hank? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL