The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Clink Caps (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Kennedy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of John Kennedy
Here's my latest trick. It's an improved version of "Visible Coins To Glass" that I released many years ago. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsX_wVQmFhY&feature=youtu.be
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2950 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Nice were is this available for purchase ?
John Kennedy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of John Kennedy
It will be released next week.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2035 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Looks amazing!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I'm guessing the glass that is used is crucial for this to work...cool effect.
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Can you show a straight performance without speeding up the footage?
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Whats the effect, the glass clinks whenever you slap the beer cap?

If its supposed to look like that cap magically vanishes and appears inside the glass, then, well, it doesn't. Any spectator would pick up on that.
John Kennedy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of John Kennedy
What you see in the video is exactly what happened - nothing was sped up. The glass is ordinary as you will use your own glass or coffee cup. Variations with different vanishes are included, as well as covering the cup or glass with your cell phone when the caps appear. It's not self working, practice is required.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I don't know if it is just me - but it looks a little of an unnatural way to take some caps out of a glass. But then who naturally does that anyway? No "normal" person would put them in there in the first place?
John Kennedy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of John Kennedy
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:
I don't know if it is just me - but it looks a little of an unnatural way to take some caps out of a glass. But then who naturally does that anyway? No "normal" person would put them in there in the first place?

I don't understand your point Dave, could you clarify? I'm happy to address your concerns.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1167 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I think Kyle is referring to the subtle edits between phases.

I think this looks great. The demo is obviously just that, a demo not a performance. Anyone with a little imagination can see how the handling can be changed.

Personally I think the illusion works best for the final cap which seems like it can be performed from some distance away. John can you confirm this?

Maybe on the second phase you can cover the glass with a napkin completely obscuring it so the spectators can't see the coin land but they still hear it.
John Kennedy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of John Kennedy
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
I think Kyle is referring to the subtle edits between phases.
I think this looks great. The demo is obviously just that, a demo not a performance. Anyone with a little imagination can see how the handling can be changed.
Personally I think the illusion works best for the final cap which seems like it can be performed from some distance away. John can you confirm this?
Maybe on the second phase you can cover the glass with a napkin completely obscuring it so the spectators can't see the coin land but they still hear it.

Hi Mac_Stone. The only editing was to cut out a few seconds of lag time between phases to shorten the trailer. No motion or other effects were used. Most magic trailers are highly edited and misleading in my opinion. As you mention, there are many handling possibilities with this method and I explain several including covering the glass with a cell phone or deck or cards as the caps appear in the glass. You mention distance - this is a close up trick but would also be suitable for parlor as long as the audience is not too far away to hear the caps clinking in the glass.
John Kennedy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of John Kennedy
Mac_Stone, I didn't address your concern about obscuring the motion of the cap(s) appearing in the glass. First off, it looks fantastic in a live performance compared to the eagle eye of the camera. Plus you have the option of using an opaque cup like a coffee cup so that there is sound without the visual. Metal cups like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3K......F8&psc=1 are really great as the clink is really loud when the cap arrives.

By the way, Clink Caps is now available http://www.johnkennedymagic.com/scripts/......duct=134
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I wonder why this is not a download only for a lower price? there is no need for making a package only sending the caps as they are not gimmicked as far as I understand the working behind. Only sending the little something mentioned will produce some magical facepalms I guess...

and if I am correct you can't use a "clear glass". It has to be one with a bit of refraction and people can't look into the glass.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
There is a gimmick.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
There is a gimmick.

if the gimmick is not an IT it would make sense...otherwise nope!
maklakmak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
This should have been sold as a download which, I fully understand, must be paid for. Instead, three bottle tops and a small amount of something any reader can source online (if they don't already have it!) came as a great disappointment to me.

The advertising copy emphasising a "loud clink" led me to believe I was buying something extra but the clink of a bottle top against a glass or mug is actually what you get. There is nothing I would describe as a gimmick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Clink Caps (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL