The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RIP by Cameron Francis (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Turns out the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Hope everyone is enjoying RIP.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3118 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Don't worry. After Cameron's demise, he was quickly replaced with a look-alike who, luckily. was just as prolific a magic creator as the original.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
178 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
As some of you may know, I endorsed Cameron Francis R.I.P. but rest assured that this won't prevent me writing a 100% honest review. One week ago he sent me a video showing the effect and explaining everything. I was just following him and the fluidity and naturalness really catches me off guard. Your spectators got no chance.

You get a very nice T&R effect but the novelty here is that the signed/torn card morph/restore/travel between two Jokers that are always in full view. So on top of the T&R effect you get very strong sandwich effect. In the ad it says that any card can be chosen, it's true, but if you don't use a f.....e you'll have an extra (very easy) move to do. No worries here as everything is natural and this doesn't drag the effect in any way. If you use the "non f....e" version there is no reset necessary and if you use the "f....e" version there is a 2 seconds "do it in front of everyone" reset needed. No need to hide in the restrooms for this one. Smile

For those who know my work, I'm all about automatic reset/practical/real world magic ... well, Cameron nailed it. This is something you'll perform at every table as it resets in seconds and packs quite a punch. There is no angle problem at all and you've got a lot of great magic happening for the little effort invested. It's not every day that you have a super easy, practical and hard hitting effect that anyone can do in less than 10 minutes that have a "Shin Lim" moment in it. I'm talking about the restoration of the third piece here. Simply beautiful, and very visual.

I don't know how Cameron did this "tour de force". He used only easy "sleights" that we all know and master, but he created something that will make you look like a master card magician, just wow. At the end they can keep their signed restored card. The gimmick is low tech and sooooooo well made. The nice thing about it is that you end clean because there is nothing more natural at the conclusion of a trick than to put the Jokers away. On the video he sent me, even when the camera was burning the gimmicks, it was impossible to see the trickery . Do yourself a favor and get this. 10/10.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12983

Jack
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Thank you, Jack! So glad you like the effect! To clarify, the handling I teach on the download involves no f*rce at all. I used to f*rce a card but then realized that there was no need. The video I sent you, Jack, was the old explanation in which I was still f*rcing a card. If you change one aspect of the selection, it can be a totally free choice (and the deck is completely normal). The means you can go into RI:P at any point during your set with zero set up.
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
178 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2020, Cameron Francis wrote:
Thank you, Jack! So glad you like the effect! To clarify, the handling I teach on the download involves no f*rce at all. I used to f*rce a card but then realized that there was no need. The video I sent you, Jack, was the old explanation in which I was still f*rcing a card. If you change one aspect of the selection, it can be a totally free choice (and the deck is completely normal). The means you can go into RI:P at any point during your set with zero set up.

Hi Cameron, thanks for the precision, since I've got the old explanation of R.I.P., I simply cover the 2 options to give a thorough review. You're right, there is no need to use a f*rce at all. If using it was putting the effect on a higher level it would have been worth it, but since it's not, no reason to bother. Smile

Jack
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Is this going to be available anywhere other than Penguin?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3069 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2020, CardGuyMike wrote:
Is this going to be available anywhere other than Penguin?

Is there an issue with Penguin?

Because Cameron has moved his catalog to Penguin with perhaps a few one offs in the future, doubtful its available elsewhere or will be.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

When I get some stock, I will sell them directly but other than that, I’m not sure. I think it’ll only be available through Penguin.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1761 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, Billybonkers wrote:
Jesus Christ I thought he'd passed away for a moment!

So did I very poor taste for an effect !
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I would pick this up except for the oddball Jokers. I use the Jokers for other things and they are just far too different. Other than that, it looks good!

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Hey, Robert! Totally understand. However, you could make your own set using whatever jokers you wish. Would take a little effort but could be done.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2020, Cameron Francis wrote:
Hey, Robert! Totally understand. However, you could make your own set using whatever jokers you wish. Would take a little effort but could be done.

I've considered that, but honestly I'm not good enough at the skill set to make them in the quality that I would actually use. From what I can see on the demo, the cards actually look like they should, tear lines, etc... Good job on that!

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2350 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I purchased this trick and like it. However for reasons of wear and tear and what Robert said if I were to do this “professionally” I would remove my “magic, card finding jokers, blah, blah” from a packet wallet for the trick and return them when the trick was over. I think this is probably strong enough to justify that kind of handling
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

That's what I do. I keep them in a wallet and pull them out for the trick. But you could leave them in the deck, remove them and keep them in the card case until needed.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3069 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
A thought for those who have or know what Penguin will be sending you. It is very easy to use cards you probably already own. Does not need to be Jokers. This way you spread the deck and remove 2 ”helper”cards- as far as using this approach- wear and tear not an issue as you can easily do the simple necessary work when needed
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Good idea, Rizzo!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

FYI, I haven'r done it yet, but I will be shooting a little home grown video with additional handlings and ideas that I've come up with since shooting the explanation with Penguin (we shot it a while ago). When I do, I will let you know.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Filmed some bonus ideas today, including a handling by Jay Sankey which includes an explicit vanish of the pieces. Also included is my own slow-motion restoration for the last piece. Sent it off to Penguin so hopefully it will be available to those who have purchased very soon.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Hey, guys! Super pleased to announce that I have created a new video with supplemental handlings and ideas for R.I.P. which is now available in the Penguin accounts of those who have purchased.

On the new video you will learn:

-- A fantastic handling by the one and only JAY SANKEY which allows you to more explicitly vanish the torn pieces.

-- A terrific justification for the classic sandwich load that can be applied to any sandwich routine.

-- My new slow motion restoration for the fourth piece that happens IN THE SPECTATOR'S HANDS. This is the ONLY way I end the routine now.

I have to say I'm most excited about my new ending. It KILLS. I think you guys will love it.
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
Wow! Thanks so much Cameron! It really takes it to the next level. I really appreciate the extra content.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RIP by Cameron Francis (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL