The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Wedding Performance of Venom Cube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmathai1
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, Virginia
81 Posts

Profile of jmathai1
A close friend of mine asked me to perform magic at her wedding, so I did a quick show with what I hope was themed appropriately for the occasion. My big trick was a performance of Henry Harrius Venom Cube - probably one of my bigger magic purchases but it sure is powerful and can play to any audience for any occasion. I ideally wanted the audience to believe that the bride and groom each mixed up their respective cube and the results were the same combination; but for those who know the trick, that cannot really be done unless there is an additional switch, which would take away from the cleanness of this effect. The link below shows the performance that I came up with. Again, I highly recommend Venom Cube for anyone interested.

One last thought worth sharing - I am not a professional magician and I would honestly say that I found the performance to be a bit awkward – I think for a while; the audience was still trying to figure out why a magician is here. I guess that is the plight of many working magicians – people often don’t come to events to see us, we are there to enhance the event they already came for. Based on this performance, I was asked by someone else to perform at her wedding this summer - going to definitely employ some lessons learned from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ80k4A8UaU
John Mathai
Alexandria, Virginia
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1305 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I recommend ‘Perfect Square’ by Michael Lam and JB Dumas for this. You could have each of them apparently mix up different cubes which would then match. It’s a very clean and efficient effect.
It's all in the reflexes.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1312 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey John,

You are well able - don't worry about not being a "professional" I've seen professional performances both online and in the flesh and believe me having the professional tag does not always equate to talent. I've also seen "superstars" perform and it was beyond boring, awkward and more.

You come across extremely likeable, interesting and garnered a really positive response. Congrats on the performance, congrats on having no ego and congrats on the follow up booking. That in itself speaks volumes!
jmathai1
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, Virginia
81 Posts

Profile of jmathai1
Thank you, Pete!
John Mathai
Alexandria, Virginia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Wedding Performance of Venom Cube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL