We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Double posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1891 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Dave, I know this is "another" question about this problem. I am still getting double posts in the Private Messages only. And like last time they are different times. I have checked everything on my end with Apple, and they say I am fine and all updates complete. The only place this happens is on The Magic Café Private Messages, no other sites do I have this problem.
I just sold something to someone who asked me if it was still available, I responded yes. I then sent a message that I shipped it. He sent me a message back and said, I thought you just shipped and now it says "still available". I explained the problem I am having. I honestly do not have an answer, but if anyone on your end has any idea, please try it.
Thanks,
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5097 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sorry Rennie, just as the last time you reported this problem, there appears to be nothing wrong on the Café side. We can't duplicate the problem so there is nothing we can do. I'm trying to follow the sequence you pointed out. Is this correct?

A member sent a PM asking if the item was still available
You replied yes
Was there a pm from him making arrangements to purchase?
You sent a pm saying it shipped
He sent a PM saying it still showed available

What was the duplicate PM?
Did the member get one PM saying it was available, then another saying it shipped and then a repeat saying it was available?
Where the magic begins
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1891 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Dave this is the sequence:
1 - Craig,
Thanks, will ship today.
USPS TRACKING #9400 1282 0633 5039 5587 44
Rennie
2 - Got email saying it was shipped. Wow. Fast!
Thanks. Craig
3 - Craig,
Still available. (this was originally sent at 10:36AM before payment was made)
(this one was sent at 2:28 PM)
Rennie
4 - Rennie
I’m confused on last message. Didn’t you just ship?
Or was this mistake? Mean to message somebody else?
Rennie

I explained the problem with the double posting to him. Sure wish we could figure this out as it makes me look a little crazy sometimes.

BTW, how is good old Lake Hopatcong doing, use to drive by on 46 going to Paterson. I lived in Belvidere a little way past Hackettstown.Also enjoyed Bertrams Island. Ah the good old days !!!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5097 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I've been in Lake Hopatcong for 26 years. To me nothing is different except the grocery store went out of business, a new one moved in and went out of business and now it's going to be a gym. We need that. Already have 3 of them here. I remember Bertrands Island as well. Bob Cassidy used to live here a long time ago too and we used to exchange stories.

Back on topic, I have no idea what is happening with your pm's. If I read the sequence correctly, he asked if the item was available and at 10:36 you said yes. Between 10:36 and 2:28 he paid you, you got to the post office and replied that it had shipped. After he replied with thanks, he got your "still available" pm again. This really doesn't make any sense.
Where the magic begins
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1891 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Dave,
I agree, "This really doesn't make any sense." but that is the sequence. Craig was confused also. I am at a loss. I do not know which way to turn. I am actually a little shy about using the private messages.
Rennie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5097 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I wish this were happening more frequently with other members. At least then we might be able to establish a pattern or pinpoint what is happening but no one else seems to be having this issue.
Where the magic begins
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1891 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Dave,
Hate being a pest.I was just wondering if anyone on the Tech Help Area would have any idea what could be causing the "double posts". I have a MacBook Air laptop, all upgrades have been done and I do not have this problem with any other site. This is the reason I have my doubts it is on my end. If anyone could suggest something for me to check as I am not very sharp on these things. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I am always apologizing to persons I send PM's to for the duplicate posts. Of course the other weird thing is they occur at different times.
HELP !!
Rennie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Double posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL