The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revelation! ...by Magic Wagon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2242 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Revelation! by Magic Wagon will be available Sunday January 26th.

An elegant wooden box containing a prediction is displayed. The prediction can be removed, shown on all sides and then placed back into the box. The performer now asks the spectator to freely select one of five ESP symbol cards. The choice is completely free (no force of any kind) and kept hidden from the performer. The performer then, without touching the prediction, openly drops the prediction from inside the box right into the spectator’s awaiting hand. Once unfolded, the spectator is amazed to find that the prediction from inside the box perfectly matches the chosen symbol! It is that direct.

• The box remains in full view at all times!

• There is absolutely no force of any kind!

• The effect is completely self-contained; nothing is added or taken away!

• The method is truly a mechanical marvel and no palming or sleight of hand is required!

• The effects that can be created with this system are limited only by one’s imagination! Included are John M. Talbot’s presentations for “The Wish” and “The Gamble”.

This beautiful effect has been inspired by our “MasterMind Box” which was released in very limited quantities in 2010. Subsequently Louis Gaynor and Angelo Carbone have created related effects. The mechanical “workings” of this latest version, however, are different in both construction and operation.

Hundreds of hours have gone into the development of this mechanical marvel! The method used is highly technical due to the complexity of the mechanism involved, and also as a consequence of the manufacturing processes. The brass & wood work mechanism inside is an amazing piece of construction!

Our special thanks to John M. Talbot for the name recommendation and writing of the instructions and routine ideas.

Any thought?
Simon
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1740 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
When the MW description for a new effect says "hundreds of hours" I get nervous about the forthcoming price...wish there was at least a second picture
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
141 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
I'm always surprised by the poor quality of photos they show. It doesn't seem like it should be a customer having to take a clear photo for everyone to see.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1516 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, Cleverpaws wrote:
I'm always surprised by the poor quality of photos they show. It doesn't seem like it should be a customer having to take a clear photo for everyone to see.

Are you talking about the photos posted here or on the MW website.

Tony
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3073 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I wonder if it is somewhat examinable? Are the workings well hidden?
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
141 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2020, Tony Curtis wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, Cleverpaws wrote:

Are you talking about the photos posted here or on the MW website.

Tony

The photo a few post above, and it seems all of MW websites photos are low quality.
The master list that you have issued Is very high quality and should be the standard.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Had a blast writing the instructions and routines for this... a beautiful piece! A shot from the outtakes of photos I used in the instructions...

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2242 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
magicman from poland
View Profile
New user
Poland
18 Posts

Profile of magicman from poland
Is constructed only for esp cards or playing cards too? Predict one card from 52?
Can we watch video with presentation?
dogmonkey
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of dogmonkey
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, magicman from poland wrote:
Is constructed only for esp cards or playing cards too? Predict one card from 52?

It's 5 outs with a really weird looking box.

Angelo's version seems superior in every way.
Utopia
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Utopia
If money was no object, I would choose the wooden box with 5 outs rather than the cardboard box with 4 outs.
Well, as long as you don’t need tu use a TT...
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
I would definitely go for this very nice wooden version (if you compare it to the gift)
Angelo’s carbone did a great job with his trick, but I do remember that I did wish a version with nicer material, and now magic wagon is just releasing that!
With 5 outs instead of 4...

The TT was a let down for me. And also the gimmick provided was not strong enough, I had to replace it.

Now a nice wooden version with no need to hide or conceal anything will have a huge impact... can’t wait!!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, dogmonkey wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, magicman from poland wrote:

It's 5 outs with a really weird looking box.

Angelo's version seems superior in every way.

His version was such a gift!

Mark
Magic Dust
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
A somewhat exaggerated wooden box for 5 small slips of paper
Angelo's Gift version is much less suspicious and unobtrusive and
you do not need to use the TT, works well with PKR or hidden XX
If this wooden Box version could at least be investigated - but I
am sure this is not the case. I wish MW go another step further
Utopia
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Utopia
The box dimensions are absolutely not exaggerated if, for the audience, it contains ONE prediction and up to five objects for the selection to be made.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
The Gift was cool because it looked like a normal gift box and you could simply hand it to a spectator and they could remove the prediction themselves. You could see it was plainly empty, and there is something less suspicious IMO with thin cardboard than wood.

Too bad MW will never do demo videos because it could be really cool but more often I think it would cause them to lose sales, other than to their base of collectors of course. With the cost of The Gift being so much cheaper, you could buy enough Gift boxes to do a multi-box routine for less than this single box. Also, the inside of this box looks like a black hole which I don’t care for.

If you want something to display on your shelf or in a display case then get this, if you want a more deceptive box to perform with then get The Gift.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I have to agree the gift is a great unassuming box , hence the name ( as others have said gift box ) .
I never used a TT with the gift either and even if you did it’s a complete non issue .
I do love magic wagons effects though for both the unique collection part and how well made they are made .
They are mechanical marvels and look great but the gift to me is organic and after the reveal no one in a million years would guess the method .
Magic wagons will be an enchanting unusual magic prop and it’s unfair to compare it to the gift .
Anyone who actually uses the gift will realise it’s true worth .
That can be said about most magic items except magic wagons and a few others .
You don’t need to use them to justify them perhaps , collecting cardboard gift boxes however then you probably need to visit a shrink imo Gaz 🙂
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
The gift is a great trick. Nothing really to complain.
If you wish to have something very « simple » (in a good way) that won’t raise to many suspicion, a simple box with very thin cardboard is just perfect.

BUT, as a collector, and as someone who likes nice objects, the gift was not a keeper. Further I had the feeling it wouldn’t last long since it’s pretty fragile. My version had already some part moving a bit. Nothing important but still. Yes, a pk ring probably could be an option, but still, I like not to have anything to have/hide or prepare.

All in all, if you wish to have more something very « unprepared » and casual, the gift may be the good choice to go for.

If you want to have a nice object (that will of course raise some kind of suspiction) this one (I hope) will do it. Now concerning the dimensions, I really don’t mind. It’s a wooden box, would would you expect? And I’m pretty sure we will be able to do a great trick with this one.

All in all, I pretty much agree with videoman opinion. The collectors will love it. For the other, they won’t feel any use in putting so much money in something that they pretty much already have.

merlin
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
If you don't care about your audience a cardboard box is fine... for those that care they treat them to a beautiful Teak box...Smile Am kidding but for me and others the Teak version lends itself to different types of presentations. I really like this prop and had a blast doing the instructions and routine ideas. It works very well and is super easy to use. There is no real heat on the box and can be freely shown and yes you can even see inside the box Smile

I have come up with more ideas since completing the instructions and will detail them on the Magic Wagon Facebook page this week. If you are fan of the Gift no worries it is a great prop... but I assure you Revelation is as well!. 19 left for those on the fence Smile

Cheers,

John
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
We all agree this is directed toward collectors, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Magic wagon never intended to work on "worker" material, the items they provivided are high end quality stuff that are not cheap (I always believed they were pretty much at the right price, even if, of course, I would have been happy if they were cheaper), and you won't be carrying them everywhere. So yes, if you get it, it will be on your shelf for sure. And not in a drawer, like many other props Smile

And I believe there are not only rich old men that will be interested, since most magician will enjoy beautiful object dedicated to magic. Now we do agree that you will need to have couple hundred box to buy something that will be pretty much useless... other than for a nice magic trick!

So the point was probably not to say it's better than the gift, I did like the gift, but it's great to have now the option to do pretty much the same think, with a higher quality material. And I'm pretty sure Angelo Carbone had to make some financial choice for his trick, to reduce the price tag and be able to sell to more people, and that's completely fine. Now, that trick was not for me, but I would love to do the same routine with this nice wooden box!

Let's see when it arrives to our shelves Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revelation! ...by Magic Wagon (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL