The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Hole punching (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
What are you guys cuttting/ punching holes in your cards with? I just ordered The Whole Thing (Chris Mayhew). He says to use an x-acto knife to cut holes in the cards but, I would really like to use a punch if at all possible. This way my lines would all be clean. Thanks for any insight on this. db
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a punch that is perfect. I picked it up on clearance at Jo-Ann Fabrics (it was a Martha Stewart line I think) there is probably a Fiskar brand or similar still for sale. It is a 1" circle punch and perfectly punches out the circles around the angels or the center circle. It also works for "Monkey in the Middle" Gimmicks and the Lloyd Barnes "Acme Hole". I get a lot of use from it.

I do hope that when you say you "ordered it" you meant that you subscribed to Kozmo's "Reel Magic" for only $5 a month since the entire "Whole Project" is on there for free in the "On Demand" section. Best value in magic is not just a tag line. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Amazon has various size punchers too.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
I use a 1 inch punch and the 1.5 inch to punch out Teflon for coins ha
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
The one inch is also perfect to remake the gimmicks for entrapment gold.

1 Inch Circle Paper Punch - DIY Craft Cut Out Scrapbooking Custom Jewelry - 25mm - 1" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KZ2H3JY/ref......bY9VGKZ4
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
I hear that Bruce Lee had a phenomenal and legendary one-inch punch....
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thanks for the replys! I'm needing a dime size punch and a penny size punch. (I havent measured those yet). My concern is that a small crafting punch will not make it to the center of the card. Right now I'm using an exacto knife but I really thought that a punch would be a lot cleaner and possible I could punch 2 cards at the same time to make sure they lineed up perfectly.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
I can not get a center hole on a card with the circle punch.. Can anyone who has know how I can?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The punch that I have reaches the center if I put the card in it long side first. If I do short side first, I can get the circle around the angel on each end. They both fit almost perfect ("perfect" meaning you would be able to push it all the way back and getting the perfect position on the circle you want to cut out) but I have to back it out aprox 1/16" to hit it perfect depending on the borders evenness. The one I have is the one pictured in this amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Cr......02BTSEM4

or just search "matrtha stewart 1" hole punch" on google, there are a few on ebay right now too.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
EK Tools Circle Punch, 0.75-Inch, New Package https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0090JVBP0/ref......bA9KRXVH

That should do the trick for you
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
The punch that I have reaches the center if I put the card in it long side first. If I do short side first, I can get the circle around the angel on each end. They both fit almost perfect ("perfect" meaning you would be able to push it all the way back and getting the perfect position on the circle you want to cut out) but I have to back it out aprox 1/16" to hit it perfect depending on the borders evenness. The one I have is the one pictured in this amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Cr......02BTSEM4

or just search "matrtha stewart 1" hole punch" on google, there are a few on ebay right now too.

Thank you
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thank you JXB as well as everyone! I was going to go to Jo-Anne today to see if they had the .75" but running a catering company and a Real Estate business time is a hard thing to come by.....and today I got a last minute slam! Thank you for the link. 👍🙂
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Chris Mayhew now rips the holes, as he now prefers the ripped hole look rather than a punched hole. He describes the method in the reel magic on demand plus section.

https://www.facebook.com/109782463033/vi......1097534/
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:

I do hope that when you say you "ordered it" you meant that you subscribed to Kozmo's "Reel Magic" for only $5 a month since the entire "Whole Project" is on there for free in the "On Demand" section. Best value in magic is not just a tag line. Smile

That is exactly what I meant! However I ordered it b4 I realized that. 🤣🤦‍♂️. ya win sum, ya lose sum right? I've been w/ RM for awhile now but I do not frequent it. No doubt it's worth every bit of $5 month for sure!

I'll be ordering the Cutter Magiguy provided. Thank you for the link! I looked at Home Depot at one very similar but it was kind of pricey.

Mantel, I did check that out. 👍. Thank you!
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Arrives today! Smile Ill try to post back on the quality of the product tonight. Thank you everyone for your input! db
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
If cutting a hole in a card with the cutter I suggested I recommend that you make multiple passes rather than trying to cut the hole in one fell swoop. If you take it slowly (about 3 rotations) it cuts beautifully.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Hole punching (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL