The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CineMental by Nikolas Mavresis (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1624 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2020, phillsmiff wrote:

"Even the method on the 1st phase is different. There is no peeking involved."

Phill


lol, the method for phase 1 is different (but not the effect), but it's inferior. With this, you have to go through all the cards they cut off, fail at doing what you said you'd do, then reveal their movie. I'd rather just peak and reveal... (And remember - with this method, you also have to reset after the trick. And 20-30 seconds is way too much, I'm not going to stand around and reset a packet of cards, I finish one group and move onto the next.)

The second phase is nice, but it's most likely always the same movie.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3575 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
100% agree with you Patrick , Gaz 🙂
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Resetting is not a deal-killer for me at all, but if phase 2 is always the same movie then that certainly kills it for me unfortunately (obviously everyone performs differently so I’m not implying it’s a bad thing for everyone - just for my requirements). Since nobody seems willing to answer that, I’ll have to assume it is the same each time.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1624 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I think I know how the last phase works, but my method would imply that Phil was lying when he said he wasn't sure why they got him to design custom cards lol. So I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say I must be wrong.
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of baobow
I hope that the "force" for the second phase unst always "rear window". It is a oretty obscure movie for today's audiences (yes a classic)
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
I suspect that a slightly bland and obscure movie title assists the method for phase 2
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1655 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
PG, it may well be what you think, but I'm not going to break it down here. The prototype was actually fanmade posters iirc but Murphy's wanted to own the original art files and have them all in the same style.

It was a fun project that reminded me of when I was at Uni designing stuff - making a boatload of movie posters in a cool contemporary style is a bit of a dream project.

Phill
-+: https://www.miscellaneousmiracles.co.uk :+-

20% off a collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
MichaelOB
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MichaelOB
Release date is feb 10th? I don't usually preorder but for this I may.
peterdilger
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of peterdilger
Oh well here goes break my own rules I have pre-ordered
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
This looks interesting but I don't want to repurchase something similar to a trick I bought from tannen's years ago. It could have been called 'director's cut" but not sure. It was a stop trick with about 13 or so movie poster cards. Your prediction always matched the movie poster they stopped on. It used a principle very similar to Andy Leviss' "it's a match" or the Becker classic Casino Royale. I don't want to shout the method but can somebody discreetly confirm. Thanks.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3490 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, Platt wrote:
This looks interesting but I don't want to repurchase something similar to a trick I bought from tannen's years ago. It could have been called 'director's cut" but not sure. It was a stop trick with about 13 or so movie poster cards. Your prediction always matched the movie poster they stopped on. It used a principle very similar to Andy Leviss' "it's a match" or the Becker classic Casino Royale. I don't want to shout the method but can somebody discreetly confirm. Thanks.


From watching the demo, I don't think it uses the method you're talking about.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2020, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2020, phillsmiff wrote:

"Even the method on the 1st phase is different. There is no peeking involved."

Phill


lol, the method for phase 1 is different (but not the effect), but it's inferior. With this, you have to go through all the cards they cut off, fail at doing what you said you'd do, then reveal their movie. I'd rather just peak and reveal... (And remember - with this method, you also have to reset after the trick. And 20-30 seconds is way too much, I'm not going to stand around and reset a packet of cards, I finish one group and move onto the next.)

The second phase is nice, but it's most likely always the same movie.


You are spot on with everything.
Still a nice piece of mentalism / mental magic with great cards and a decent price IMO.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Would have been nice if the box could be written on with a dry erase marker, so your prediction is a bit like a real clapper board...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2345 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Would have been nice if the box could be written on with a dry erase marker, so your prediction is a bit like a real clapper board...


Iain, I think you should offer your services as a magic consultant. So many effects could be enhanced with your input.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm sure it'll be "invented" by someone soon 🤘🏻
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Phase 1 seems like a well known procedure in cards/ESP and I bet that this is what Vernet's PsiSet is also using (I love performing this because it goes much further than the principle itself).
I have no idea who invented this method though, it is probably as old as magic itself.

> The second phase is nice, but it's most likely always the same movie.
I am guessing too that the second phase is a clever procedural force but nothing should prevent you from setting a different one every time you do it.
Then, I don't see any inconvenient with this...
I would consider buying the trick more for the reason of buying an original force/principle that I could reuse rather than for the trick itself.
So I would like to know: is the second phase original to the trick or is it credited from someone else (then I would prefer buying the original author's work on it)?
peterdilger
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of peterdilger
Well its arrived and as predicted without doing a reveal here it would be hard to use this more than once in a performance/night. A thought is that a second packet of cards should be offered - more cost for us I know but it would give the ability to do a second showing
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, peterdilger wrote:
Well its arrived and as predicted without doing a reveal here it would be hard to use this more than once in a performance/night. A thought is that a second packet of cards should be offered - more cost for us I know but it would give the ability to do a second showing



Got mine as well.

I like it and I agree with whats been said above in regards to a second showing.

Cards look and feel great and the video instructions are fantastic.

Im happy overall.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11998 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2020, Daren wrote:
As I have seen the tutorial I see reset as not much of an issue, I would say prob about 20-30 seconds and ready to go again


I don't think it's that easy and in a high volume walkaround venue you'd look like an idiot. Not very good reset. I have it.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11998 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, Gaijin wrote:
Phase 1 seems like a well known procedure in cards/ESP and I bet that this is what Vernet's PsiSet is also using (I love performing this because it goes much further than the principle itself).
I have no idea who invented this method though, it is probably as old as magic itself.

> The second phase is nice, but it's most likely always the same movie.
I am guessing too that the second phase is a clever procedural force but nothing should prevent you from setting a different one every time you do it.
Then, I don't see any inconvenient with this...
I would consider buying the trick more for the reason of buying an original force/principle that I could reuse rather than for the trick itself.
So I would like to know: is the second phase original to the trick or is it credited from someone else (then I would prefer buying the original author's work on it)?


NO on setting a diff one each time.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CineMental by Nikolas Mavresis (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL