The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » REVIEW: Christopher Brent - flying silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
I saw a video where chris performed his flyings silk routine. it was clear that IT was used but I just couldn't figure out how and where it wos attached. so I decieded to order this trick. the ad said that you can perform it outdoors so I had absolutly no idea where it was attached!

today the flying silks arrived! I got a booklet (15 pages) and a spool of (great!!!) IT. when I first read the text I didn't know if it was the worst or the best investment I had ever made!

so I started to try to perform this trick myself! after about 20 min. of preparing I started doing the effect and it looked great! very easy handling, you can walk away from the silk, you can wave your hands above, under and on the sides of the silk. there seems to be no connection between the silk and anything else!

BUT:
-)this trick, of course, has every disadvantage of ITs, too (backlight,...)
-)this trick needs preparation!
-)the ad says that you can perform it outside but I don't think that it is possible (wind, light, no places to attach the IT,...)
-)when you don't perform it on stage you should be at least about 170 cm large! ( I know, this sounds strange...)
-)you get a lot of IT but the seperated strings could be longer! (just my opinion)

my finial conclusion: the trick is great when you often perfom at the same place or when you perform on stage. you set it up and are able to perform there for a long time. you can even leave it there over night! the price is ok, but don't believe that you get a gimmik or something! just the manuscript and the IT! (many bonus-effects included in the booklet). in fact, I'm happy that I ordered it and I'm sure that I'll use it!
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Has it got anything similar to the ballerina hank?
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Sorry, don't know ballerina hank, but if there is a videoclip on the net, send me the adress and I'll tell you!
greetings!
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Not it has nothing similar with ballerina hank. This are two diffrent methodes.

Markus
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Yeah, I just saw a video! as the ad says: no IT used by ballerina hank! I think it's more for close up and
flying silk is more likely to be used on stage! (although you can use it close up too)
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Thanks Andl and marku8s for the response.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I have two questions in regards to the practicality of the set up.

One, what would we be looking at in the length of IT used? I am imagining it is a substantial amount judging from the efffect. Say, more then Fearson?

Two, does it involve the roof? Or perhaps some other adjascent structure?

Thanks
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
Sounds interesting.. thanks for the review.

I've never had luck with IT outside though. At least not in daylight.

Dr Magic

:banana: Smile
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Hrmmmm......

I like ballerina hank, but if this can be done close up that might be interesting. So DOES it require a stationary anchor? Don't tell me it's just a length of IT between your hands!!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Of course it requires a stationary anchor! (sorry, I can't tell you where it is without exposing to much)

you can see a videoclip of this effect here(it looks so great):
http://www.my-magicshop.com/flysilk.avi

btw in my opinion it's the best way to let a silk float when the conditions are right!
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
That looks really great.

Reminds me of the joke

How do you make a hankie dance?

Put a little boogie in it.

Dr Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » REVIEW: Christopher Brent - flying silk (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL