The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Csb routining (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
So, I have catch up, bob sheets, csb dvd, atomic coin and gathered as much material as possible to mix up and create a personal csb routine. Here is the question I pose... do you prefer to use the gaff during transpos to show two coins and make one...or show one coin turns to two?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Both !!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Agree with David. Or... one coin changes to a different coin, and one changes to a ring! See Nate Kranzo's No Moves CSB routine here: https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/pages/......er-brass

Jim
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hi Jxb , I have had a similar problem. Choosing the right things to make my own routine.
But I am doing it with a flipp r, so I can learn some things from that.
Watch some of the things that you like the most. LIke the most amazing moves or CSB parts of other's routines. Try some of these things out individually, then put a few together to make your own routine. With the CSB you of course you normally have to plan a good switch at the end. EVen here, see what others suggest, and use the one you like the most.
I am truly trying to help you, and myself at the same time. Cheers.
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
Have a look at Insidious by Michael Scanzello. It's a different take on the CBS plot, using a normal coin, a dark coin and a key. Sorry doesn't answer the OP's question directly, however it adds a bit of different thinking to the mix. To answer the question, I would also say both. More variety and less repetition.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You can also adapt your C/S/B set into a 1 Silver/2 Copper routine like Roger Klause's "Operator Coin". I have used both a C/S/B and a 1 Silver/2 Copper set with this routine. Got pretty much the same reaction from both.
https://www.mymagic.com/l/money-magic/op......r-klause
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Paul Green’s 2C1S routine (In the Trenches DVD) is excellent ending Clean with going to pockets.
Similarly, Dan Fleshman slightly tweaked that routine to use CSB, and you can find it on his newest DVD.
Both transport 1Silver into 2C or Brass/Copper.

Worthwhile and Workers!
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Guys I have a tabled Routine With NO pocket work In my Denver Notes ! P.M. me for More info ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here’s a simple CSB routine in THE REAL WORLD! Yes, a spectator recorded me at a working gig! Sorry, it’s really simple so no fancy magicians moves here! Reactions are priceless!

No pocket work either, just uses Quiver Purse

https://youtu.be/iCUFE3k6bAw
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
In my new book Rubinstein Coin Magic, there are several routines using ungimmicked Copper, Silver, and Brass (Chinese) coins.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
I just watched a lecture by Luis Piedrahita. One of the effects was his CSB routine. His handling of the gaff is the best that I've seen yet. I'll need a translator to see if I actually like his patter, but what he does with the gaff is really special. It appears to be a standard, dollar-sized, high-quality CSB set.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Griz, a bit of a tangent, but you mentioned not being able to understand the dialog on the video.
This is why BOOKS were and are great. You get the mechanics and the concept, but YOU had to fill in a huge ingredients: Your imagination and personality!
I actually prefer initial viewings of coin routine videos MUTED for a couple reasons:

1- Avoiding Annoying soundtracks (am I right?)
2- If I understand and enjoy it SILENT, I keep studying it!
3- I want MY mind to write the story free of the influence of supplied patter.
4- If I like it silent, but a story does NOT come to me: Does it NEED words? Hmmm!
5- If I think it needs a story, THEN I will listen to it...for ideas.
6- My ritual leads me to a routine that is ME, or wisely move on...

Blessings!
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
I take your point, Steph. All of the magic that I've ever done was learned from books.

In the case of Piedrahita, he talks fast and misdirects his audience in the process; I don't think that he's telling tall tales but he's blowing plenty of smoke. I'd like to know what sort of smoke he's blowing Smile

In the process of showing the coins to be real, he ditches the copper and brass and brings in the gaff in plain sight.

He "tosses" the gaff to open it. That free handling takes all of the heat off of it.

There's a lot to learn from him, but there is no way to copy him.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Is there a link to view/buy this lecture?

Quote:
On May 23, 2020, griz326 wrote:
I just watched a lecture by Luis Piedrahita. One of the effects was his CSB routine. His handling of the gaff is the best that I've seen yet. I'll need a translator to see if I actually like his patter, but what he does with the gaff is really special. It appears to be a standard, dollar-sized, high-quality CSB set.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On May 24, 2020, inigmntoya wrote:
Is there a link to view/buy this lecture?

Quote:
On May 23, 2020, griz326 wrote:

Is this the one?

https://gkaps.com/store/p/3-coin-magic-routine-111.html
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
Yes, that is the link.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
Here’s a simple CSB routine in THE REAL WORLD! Yes, a spectator recorded me at a working gig! Sorry, it’s really simple so no fancy magicians moves here! Reactions are priceless!

No pocket work either, just uses Quiver Purse

https://youtu.be/iCUFE3k6bAw

Just wanted to say thanks for the great routine here - was looking for a way to start / end clean with three examinable coins and this checked all the boxes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Csb routining (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL