The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Martinka Magic Shop? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
I placed an order in December and never got my order. Called and emailed multiple times. Anybody else having trouble getting their order from Martinka? Thanks.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
I received one of their effects from a dealer in November and have not been able to log in with the code provided to get instruction. No replies when trying to contact them either.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
The fact that this guy still takes retail orders is practically criminal. He should do wholesale orders only as those are all he seems to be able to fill in a timely fashion.

Not sure how this type of person can even enjoy life when they are constantly avoiding calls and emails and having unfulfilled orders hanging over their heads.

Makes me wonder if this type of behavior is as prevalent in other niche industries as it seems to be in the magic biz?
I suppose it must be.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for sharing, guys. Another one for the black list. Right next to Blake Vogt.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Guess I will call the credit card company. Pretty sad for the oldest magic shop in america once owned by Houdini. I just wanted some shirts and a deck. The shirt even advertised Martinka. Lol.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Thanks for letting us know. Hope you get your money back.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

I ended up filing a dispute with the credit card company. Stay away from Martinka magic shop.
Sad day for the oldest magic shop in America.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
The last time I ordered directly from them was in July of 2017 - no problems at that time. Sad to hear things have declined

Ed
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
I have purchased many coin products from them without incident in the past. I did notice over the past year that a lot of their stuff has been discontinued. Thanks for the heads up regarding the current situation.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
I placed an $100+ order with them about a week ago and yesterday got an email that it was shipped and is to arrive Friday. I most likely wouldnt have if I saw this post beforehand, but I will keep you updated if/when it arrives
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Worst experience ever. Had to file a change back on an item listed in stock that actually wasn’t in stock. Then the few times I did get a response, they were empty promises to ship, then an empty promise on a refund. My bank couldn’t believe it when I sent them the information about the experience. Took them less than 5 mins to make a decision to refund the chargeback. Never again.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
It's good that you got your money back. Sometimes, it's easier to deal with a bank than a magic shop.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
I received my order today. Three nice coin gimmicks. It sucks to hear other people had a bad experience, but for what it is worth mine was perfectly fine. It took a few days to acknowledge the order with an email, but got the shipping notification on Monday and arrived a day sooner than it said it would.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Tried to place an order a few weeks ago, zero response, never got processed.

Followed up with emails, no response.

Never again Martinka.

It's a shame, some of these unique coin gimmicks would be very popular if the service was better.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
And the oddest thing about this is magicians as well as Mentalist are very forgiving people all they would have to do is come on here and explain they're having such and such a problem and they're working on getting it resolved. But silence in this case is very sad and only goes to their own detriment. I hope all works out well for all you who have something ordered.

Good magic to all,

Eric
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Are they even still around, their site doesn’t seem to open,
Brookie2644
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Brookie2644
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, SlipperySnake wrote:
I placed an $100+ order with them about a week ago and yesterday got an email that it was shipped and is to arrive Friday. I most likely wouldnt have if I saw this post beforehand, but I will keep you updated if/when it arrives

I bought two items from them on the same day you did and got them without a problem. But, that was 1.5 years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Martinka Magic Shop? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL