The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
244 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Has anyone who ordered in the UK received theirs yet? I ordered 4 weeks ago, but it still hasn't arrived.
I know the postal service is a bit messed up at the moment, but have had other regular post from USA arrive in under 14 days.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mine came today...tracking was very odd, as it landed in London, I paid a fee, then it went back to Miami!

Then nothing for a few days and tadah...arrived...

Anyway, initial impression is that it's not quite for me...it's very clever and works smoothly...just a 'me' thing...
I've asked to be banned
raw36
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of raw36
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Mine came today...tracking was very odd, as it landed in London, I paid a fee, then it went back to Miami!

Then nothing for a few days and tadah...arrived...

Anyway, initial impression is that it's not quite for me...it's very clever and works smoothly...just a 'me' thing...

Hi Ian if you decide to sell I would like to pick one up. Im in the UK to.
Thanks
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Btw it was shipped on the 22nd of last month, and I paid the import duty of £11.40 if that helps...
I've asked to be banned
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
110 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2020, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2020, Sixten wrote:
Hi, Mr. LondonN8,

That wasn't a very good demo, as we all know. Please see Mr. Mark Mason's wonderful (Blackpool) demo., on pg. 4.
(Spec.'s are always following the $$$)

Smile
p.s. I have this wallet

Yes Agree completely you can see the palm (POINT)

I also have this, well the Hydra Wallet which is this plus more outs but I can attest that not once has anyone ever noticed the adding or removal of the gimmick. This wallet has the potential to create some very powerful routines. Also, Tony's craftsmanship is second to none! So beautifully made!

Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I like Mark Masonís thinking a lot, and the quality of Tony Millerís products is legendary, so I decided to order the No Choice Wallet.

This is really clever.

The instructional videos that come with the wallet are excellent, including one from David at Unbiased Magic Reviews with a great routine called Dummy Billet.

The very clever thinking combined with several great routines taught in clear and concise on-line videos and superb craftsmanship make this an outstanding product.

Very well done!
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
110 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Hi there Stunninger, Can you please go into a bit more detail like when taking the something away, is this easier than if palming a card from the top of a deck and will this last a long time. Is it really well made I have The real mand speed loader by Tony Miller It's quality Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This is 10 times easier than palming a card imo as the way the gimmick is constructed itís almost automatic . On top of that the next thing you naturally have to do in the routine completely covers everything itís so so natural and motivated .
There is also a further aid which those who have will know makes it easier still .
Itís really a great product from the manufacturing to the method and the routine Gaz 🙂
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
110 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Sounds like a real worker not one for the draw many thanks Gaz Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2592 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I went ahead and ordered this. Looks really good.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1899 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2020, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2020, Fero wrote:
Practically you can achieve the same trick using an Humber wallet.....
Whatís the point of this?

True except a Himber wallet cannot be examined at the end of the routine like this wallet. Also, the process using a Himber wallet would not look as clean as it would with the No-Choice wallet.

I donít know why everyone is obsessed that everything must be given out to be examined

No one hands out a wallet to be examined !
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
True but with this routine you naturally let them remove the card from the wallet at the end as itís not a wallet in the traditional sense imo Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5388 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
True but with this routine you naturally let them remove the card from the wallet at the end as itís not a wallet in the traditional sense imo Gaz 🙂

Yes, and further if you are asked by someone to see the wallet you can confidently let them examine it since it is not a "traditional wallet". I have used this prop for years now and a few times I was asked by the spectator if they could see the wallet and it's nice to say, "sure, check it out".
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1307 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
For those ordering in the UK be prepared to pay an extra 11 quid customs charge
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Like RNK, I have also had this year for about five or six years now. I never got the multiple outs with it, as Tony was showing me the prototypes at the magic shop one day. But I carried it every day as a money clip and final location for an Ambitious Card as I was loading it rather than unloading it. I would have it laying on the table from the outset, (taking my Extreme Burn out of the money clip portion and turning $1's to $100's) and leaving the wallet face down on the table. After an Ambitious Card routine, I would load the signed card into the gimmick and ask them to turn over the wallet. As I reached for the wallet to pick it up, it was much simpler for me to add it onto the wallet in the motion of picking it up. Was a fast natural fit. And then I would hold it as they pulled the card out. So, this way, you don't end clean, but you also have the wallet in play for as long as you want. For Mark's routine, you could have them slide the card into the wallet, and then you just simply add the gimmick on while picking up. Less heat that way in my honest opinion.

Either way, adding on or stealing off, Tony manufactured a very clever utility device. Never have ever been disappointed in a Tony Miller leather wallet. And I should know, I own about five of them, and card indexes.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nice that you can use it as either a load or steal.
Any word on when Tony will be shipping more of these to Mark?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
For those ordering in the UK be prepared to pay an extra 11 quid customs charge

Why not mark the item as ďeducationalĒ so no import charges?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly Pegasus I always tell US dealers to do that and not once have I ever got charged a dollar since .
Perfectly legal , perfectly logical .
Infact I a have told many a dealer this over the years and they said ď I never thought of that and have done it ever since ď .
Magic is an education and I learned this trick after getting stung once many many years ago Gaz 🙂
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
527 Posts

Profile of westo
Educational should be the norm by now!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
I purchased Deal or Not Deal and also the No Choice Wallet because they are basically the same effect but use 2 different methods.
Both are very good products, well-made and very fooling.

Because of our current pandemic I havenít been able to show them to multiple spectators but I do believe I prefer the No Choice Wallet. It costs a little more but is more versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways, including more mentalism type effects.

I also prefer that you are left totally clean at the end and EVERY single thing can be handled or examined by the spectator. I know many people are quick to say this isnít necessary and very often it isnít, however when you perform a lot of effects to the same people as I often do, they become less reserved over time about asking to see things. So itís always a freeing feeling when it isnít even a concern. Plus, I will probably at times choose not to do the blank deck finale and then I can go into the effect after having used the deck prior or immediately follow it with anything and not have to ditch cards or anything.

I also prefer the freedom in having the card selected. They can say stop, select from a ribbon spread, name any number up to 52, etc. And even though the small amount of audience management possibly needed for the selection in Not Deal is very minimal I still enjoy it not ever being a concern at all.

So even though both are excellent effects and methods, my personal preference is for the No Choice Wallet, beautifully made by Tony Miller.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL