The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
For those ordering in the UK be prepared to pay an extra 11 quid customs charge

The reason I havenít and will not be ordering.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On May 12, 2020, videoman wrote:
I purchased Deal or Not Deal and also the No Choice Wallet because they are basically the same effect but use 2 different methods.
Both are very good products, well-made and very fooling.

Because of our current pandemic I havenít been able to show them to multiple spectators but I do believe I prefer the No Choice Wallet. It costs a little more but is more versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways, including more mentalism type effects.

I also prefer that you are left totally clean at the end and EVERY single thing can be handled or examined by the spectator. I know many people are quick to say this isnít necessary and very often it isnít, however when you perform a lot of effects to the same people as I often do, they become less reserved over time about asking to see things. So itís always a freeing feeling when it isnít even a concern. Plus, I will probably at times choose not to do the blank deck finale and then I can go into the effect after having used the deck prior or immediately follow it with anything and not have to ditch cards or anything.

I also prefer the freedom in having the card selected. They can say stop, select from a ribbon spread, name any number up to 52, etc. And even though the small amount of audience management possibly needed for the selection in Not Deal is very minimal I still enjoy it not ever being a concern at all.

So even though both are excellent effects and methods, my personal preference is for the No Choice Wallet, beautifully made by Tony Miller.

This , I totally agree as also own both . Best wishes to all Gaz 🙂
Firestorm60
View Profile
New user
U.K.
44 Posts

Profile of Firestorm60
Great enthusiasm here ...I will be digging mine out again. I put it to the side with other
Magic When I got involved in learning something else. I will immediately put it back list of the to do.
Iíd like to take up on gazís Very valid point with regards to import duty. I frequently order from the USA and find import duty is well out of proportion to the item ordered, to such an extent I stopped three orders this week. One dealer wanted twice the cost of the item ordered in post and charges. It should be shown down as educational material and I believe Congress were due to debate legally recognising magic as such.
You often find tricks consists of pieces of wood or a packet of cards or DVD that cost nothing. Itís the value put on the idea that raises the value to tax
Now days the idea is not even in the shipment itís on a download so where so why not put the value as it is £1.50 pkt cards. Imports from China have it worked out and I couldnít post it in this country for the same price they do. Back on subject I have seen Mark Demo many times att Blackpool and he never fails to make me smile with his enthusiasm as he takes my money . I have bought from Mark times and never been let down and so with the feedback on here and Marks demo I am sure Iím onto a winner.
maklakmak
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
Now that Mark Mason will be shipping products from the UK, I guess that customs duties etc will no longer be an issue.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
686 Posts

Profile of dman11
Darn, completely removed from Marks website. I wonder what happened.....
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
Hi everybody--now that this is back in stock, and not wanting to read 7 pages worth, can someone please let me know the difficulty level? While this is expensive it would be great for hobbyists doing effects for family and friends if easy enough. Thanks in advance.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
2 out of 5 difficulty level imo with 1 being considered self working .
There is one thing you have to do which is pretty much automatic and itís beautifully misdirected in the context of the routine .
Itís a super clean ending to a very fooling effect imo Gaz 🙂
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, dman11 wrote:
Darn, completely removed from Marks website. I wonder what happened.....

They are back now.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Nice effect and appreciate the reviews. The promo cuts away when dirty work is done and the on-line review/demo, which is much appreciated, shows a "handful" to deal with, flash included, so not sure how different this to some pal.ming methods out there, with the need to go to your pocket? Am I missing something?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
What effects with a palming method that achieve the same as this are already out there ?
Regards Gaz 🙂
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
Thanks Gaz!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
The DIRTY work is so totally covered as to be rather laughable! I have done this under pretty much all conditions and it is incredibly clean.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2192 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I got this a while ago, but as Firestorm60 said above, it got set to the side, I'm so easily distracted...got it out again today and watched Tony Millers instruction...wow, this is a great trick! I must practice the one "small" move. To any wondering, this is just about self-working.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Does anyone else find these blank deck endings to be totally illogical?

There are 52 cards. You predict the single card the spectator will choose. Therefore as long as the remaining 51 cards are different to the predicted card, it matters not one bit what is printed on the remaining 51 cards.

If the other 51 are just regular playing cards, pictures of elephants, blank cards or whatever else, it changes absolutely nothing in terms of the probability of getting the prediction right. It really doesn't.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You are completely right Tony but something about a blank deck reveal at the end seems to floor spectators . I think itís the fact they are not expecting a blank deck to ever exist . You could do the whole effect face up and then reveal the card chosen is the only blue backed card in a red back deck too . Or just play it with a regular deck as like you say the probability of them selecting it is still 1/52 but somehow a blank deck seems to inflate those odds incorrectly in their minds , also the rest of the deck could be all jokers etc instead of blanks and that still seems to blow them away more than a regular deck . I like using blanks or maybe all jokers as I like to say the line ď I know what you are thinking , you probably think these cards are all the same and all ( your force card ) . You then say well to be fair these cards are actually all the same but they are blank / jokers etc . Just my two cents Gaz 🙂
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Yes Gaz, I'm sure you are right about most spectators finding the black deck ending impressive, as illogical as it is. I guess it's one of those things that makes no sense but is just so.

On one had I find it annoying for some reason that spectators are duped by something that it so obvious, but on the other hand, why should I complain if we get a free bonus in terms of the impact of an effect!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well yeah Tony I agree but itís a strong freebie and letís face it spectators get fooled by lots of obvious things by us magicians . I agree there is no real logic it except that it does prove very quickly there are no dupes of their card in the deck so the card in the wallet must be theirs . I mean it would take time for them to check there is not another one in the deck and this proves it quickly with a startling kicker to boot imo Gaz 🙂
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I have both the No choice Wallet and the Weiser Wallet by Danny Weiser, both I think are ingenious in their own rights. My preference for performing the No Choice effect, is with the Weiser Wallet though, as it allows me an even more open handling of the wallet, the price to pay is the lesser inspectability

of the Weiser Wallet compared to the No Choice Wallet once the effect is done.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have both too and I agree you can do this both but prefer to use the weiser wallet purely as a switch wallet and not for this routine , both brilliant though regards Gaz 🙂
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
100% agree that the blank deck is the way to go with this if you are using it as a working piece.
Great bit of magic thatís tried and tested

MoM have it on the site now shipping from the UK here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/no-choice

The team are adding a blank deck FREE in each pack.

Hope this helps
Dominic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL