The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
733 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
To help "loosen" the vinyl window sleeve:

First of all, you might want to use hard plastic credit card(s), or ID card(s) - that are already visible in the window sleeve.

(after all, isn't THAT what the purpose is of carrying a leather "ID Case"?)

And the thickness of the credit card/ID card will "loosen" the sleeve, as time goes on.

A playing card will then easily slip over (on top) of the credit card/ID card.
-------------
Mark points out a "pen move" (taking a pen out of your jacket or pants pocket).....Why not go further - and then have the spectator SIGN his initials on the EXPOSED MARGIN of the playing card?...that further justifies why you removed the pen from your pocket.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I recently purchased this and must say that I am THRILLED with this wallet using Mark Mason's "No Choice" routine.

This is a utility prop that can be used in so many different ways, and, for those who either do not know or have never learned the Gambler's Cop, this routine will teach you its value as a "Standard Move." So, DO NOT FEAR this....embrace it and learn while you have perfect cover and misdirection.

Moxahalla: The signature on the exposed margin is a GREAT idea, and I would recommend that Magicians buy a deck consisting of 52 of the same card so as to avoid blowing the deck away during each performance.

I highly recommend this prop and routine!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Also, as an FYI...I highly recommend using either a Raven or a Butt Magnet (available at RnT2) or a homemade magnet glued onto a plastic card placed in your pocket to use in conjunction with this wallet. It will make your performance foolproof and much easier, IMHO.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
686 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2021, Rainboguy wrote:
I recently purchased this and must say that I am THRILLED with this wallet using Mark Mason's "No Choice" routine.

This is a utility prop that can be used in so many different ways, and, for those who either do not know or have never learned the Gambler's Cop, this routine will teach you its value as a "Standard Move." So, DO NOT FEAR this....embrace it and learn while you have perfect cover and misdirection.

I highly recommend this prop and routine!

Yes, It is great! I've had it for several weeks and finally got around to show it to the Mrs. (I had practiced in front of the mirror and had occasional flashes which is why I put off my first showing!) ... but don't worry about it!!!! As you said the misdirection is so strong you could almost flash the whole thing, lol!

The Mrs. said add this to her favorites list! As usual she tries to reconstruct how I did it. Like all spectators they tend to forget what has just happened! Her attempts were quite wild, she said I had to exchange cards but she had forgotten that the wallet was in her hand right after the card was inserted. And she could look it all over. I reminded her and she said "oh I remember!!!"

The only thing I may change is snapping the money clip as the joke, she thought that may have had something to do with the trick... even though she could examine the wallet. The snapping the clip gives the spectator something to key in on as "suspicious." Too close to the "moment" I think and thus unnecessary.

Phil
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Using Moxahalla's idea of the signature on the exposed margin, I ordered a one-way forcing deck so that I could make it doable to give the card away as a souvenir during each performance and NOT have to re-do or change the bill.

I believe that this "prover" makes Mark Mason's No Choice routine even stronger, more memorable. and more commercial!

Also, docguitarman, I suggest looking at the "snapping" as enhancing this effect's audible and visual misdirection.

So, given these dynamics, the routine would flow as follows:

1, Spectator touches a card from the deck.

2, Magician takes selected card and inserts it into wallet, asking spectator to slide the card in al the way.

3, The Wallet is turned over sideways to show the clip with the cash.

4, The Magician does "the dirty deed", putting the wallet down or handing it out to spectator while handing them a pen to add their signature to the card's margin after turning the wallet over sideways again.

5, One more turn over sideways to have the spectator open the clip, take the money out and read the prediction.

6, Finally the spectator themself turns the wallet over taking the card with their signature on it to reveal the match.

7, BRAVO! Miracle-Class Closeup Magic!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5383 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, Rainboguy wrote:
Using Moxahalla's idea of the signature on the exposed margin, I ordered a one-way forcing deck so that I could make it doable to give the card away as a souvenir during each performance and NOT have to re-do or change the bill.

I believe that this "prover" makes Mark Mason's No Choice routine even stronger, more memorable. and more commercial!

Also, docguitarman, I suggest looking at the "snapping" as enhancing this effect's audible and visual misdirection.

So, given these dynamics, the routine would flow as follows:

1, Spectator touches a card from the deck.

2, Magician takes selected card and inserts it into wallet, asking spectator to slide the card in al the way.

3, The Wallet is turned over sideways to show the clip with the cash.

4, The Magician does "the dirty deed", putting the wallet down or handing it out to spectator while handing them a pen to add their signature to the card's margin after turning the wallet over sideways again.

5, One more turn over sideways to have the spectator open the clip, take the money out and read the prediction.

6, Finally the spectator themself turns the wallet over taking the card with their signature on it to reveal the match.

7, BRAVO! Miracle-Class Closeup Magic!!!

You’re not doing the blank deck finish?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am it’s killer imo Gaz 😊
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Videoman:

My bad. Yes, of course the blank deck finish seals the deal. And that indeed would be THE ENDING.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL