The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Slydini Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
I had several sets of Slydini Silks, that were red. I got them from Steve Draun, years ago.

I'm on the last set and they are going to need replacing and I can't find them in red, anywhere! I ordered a white set and dyed them red, but they came out a light pink, instead. Anybody know where I can get them in red? 18 inches, preferably.

Thanks,
Mike
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22353 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nope, never heard of red Slydini Silks. Your mistake with dyeing was most likely not researching dyeing different types of material. Some require hot water, and longer time in the dying process. Slydini says they are made from Parachute silk. You can also search this section on dyeing silk and where to find the correct dye. You can use 18" if you want, but the scarves sold are much larger, 22" or 24".

Here is the correct Slydini Silks. One silk has a red thread stitching around the hem. This is Slydini's method. It helps hide the method from the spectators.

https://www.palmermagic.com/product/slydini-silks-24/

Hope this information helps you in some way.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1452 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Steve Draun had the red 'silks' , which of course, are made of synthetic material.
As such, they require different dyeing methods.

Rit Dye makes a product called RIT DyeMore which is designed for synthetic material including Polyester.
Regular RIT dye will not work!
As Bill mentioned, the water temperature has to be hotter and it Amy also require adding vinegar to the mix.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22353 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Nope, never heard of red Slydini Silks. Your mistake with dyeing was most likely not researching dyeing different types of material. Some require hot water, and longer time in the dying process. Slydini says they are made from Parachute silk. You can also search this section on dyeing silk and where to find the correct dye. You can use 18" if you want, but the scarves sold are much larger, 22" or 24".

Here is the correct Slydini Silks. One silk has a red thread stitching around the hem. This is Slydini's method. It helps hide the method from the spectators.

https://www.palmermagic.com/product/slydini-silks-24/

Hope this information helps you in some way.

Just ran across Palmer Magic also sells an 18" size Slydini Silk Set.

https://www.palmermagic.com/product/slydini-silks-18/
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5311 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Years ago I had Frank at the Ambitious Card make me sets of the correct Nylon scarves in red, and white. I had them custom made over sized since I was. going to use them for a Sympathetic Silk routine too.

I just checked and he only has white in stock right now. Perhaps drop him and email and maybe, just maybe he can make you what you need.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=53
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
I appreciate you guys. I found the correct dye and life is good.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5723 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've been using 100% Chinese silk from Bob Sanders for years, for my version of the routine. I marked the corners of one silk with a few stitches of thread a few shades different. I'd probably mark any new scarves with a Sharpie, instead. Silk doesn't wear out like nylon does.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Slydini Silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL