The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Is is just me or are people afraid of giving true comments now. (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Wordsworth
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
All the fake reviews are one of my biggest pet peeves in magic. There are a couple youtube channels which have reviews going up rapid fire, and never have a critical thing to say about any of the products. People who pay nothing for the products don't look at them the same way an actual purchaser would. One of the things I always try to understand when I see a review, is whether the reviewer is someone like me, who is paying their own money for the thing.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
I try not to hold back. If you want me to say something honest bad or good about your product, send it to me.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Are you guys tired of seeing reviews that are just another advertisement for products? Tired of seeing reviews that offer no real insight? Tired of reviews that don't tell you virtually anything about the product other than what the ad copy says? Tired of review channels that only give glowing reviews because they are receiving the magic product for free to review? Tired of seeing these review channels that post up a new review everyday and obviously they haven't used the product themselves? Do you want a stone cold, honest review? Well come check out my review channel. I don't hold anything back. I give you all kinds of recommendations, alternative options, my real thoughts. No one sends me any magic products so I tell you the honest truth from real world experience using the product. I personally demo everything I review because I am actually using these magic products in my own performances. I am not afraid to say out loud what you would be thinking if you purchased the product yourself. I am not here to suck up to anyone. I purchase magic everyday. My purpose is to help people make better informed decisions regarding the magic they buy. I get nothing from this other than the satisfaction that I am helping my fellow magi. Remember that! Several magic creators have already sent me nasty mail as they didn't like my reviews. Sometimes the truth hurts and is hard to accept.

Come watch Unbiased Magic Reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYX0ZQN30w4BvuwRkxYstsw

The only place on youtube where you can trust that the review is honest and unbiased.

I just watched a book review yesterday on someone's youtube channel (not going to mention any names) but they didn't say anything informative about the book at all. I was like, REALLY!? What a waste.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
284 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Pssst... ¶
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2020, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
(not going to mention any names)

I thought you weren’t afraid to tell it like it is?
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 10, 2020, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2020, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
(not going to mention any names)

I thought you weren’t afraid to tell it like it is?

Yes when I review magic products. But this was in reference to someone's magic book review on youtube.
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
223 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
I highly recommend UnbiasedMagicReviews's YouTube channel!
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I agree his reviews are excellent! I enjoy them. I just wish he would promote them on their own merits rather than make snidey comments about others without then having the front to name them. Either say why yours are worthwhile and leave it at that or have the stones to call someone out properly. Making comments about others and then saying ‘im not naming names’ just seems a bit snakey to me, but hey maybe its just me!?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4662 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If anyone is worried about reviewing something incase they get horrible emails from creators for being candid and honest then let me do the reviewing .
I will only write is as I see it and have absolutely no worries whatsoever whatever they email me .
It honestly would hardly ever happen and I literally wouldn’t be bothered about it one little bit I truly wouldn’t Gaz 🙂
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
My main problem with these near endless YouTube reviewers is that I don't often see why I should trust their opinion. Don't know who they are or their experience or performance style. What might be **** for them may work for someone else.

Are they pro? Amateur? Something else? All have advantages and biases...

Have they performed it? In what environment? That kinda thing.

They're not all bad, but in my eyes, they are all pretty much the same...

I think Real Magic Reviews is the best...
I've asked to be banned
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
284 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 10, 2020, IAIN wrote:
My main problem with these near endless YouTube reviewers is that I don't often see why I should trust their opinion....

Someone needed to say it Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4662 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You don’t have to trust them but it certainly gives you more information which can only help imo .
Of course it has to give you the skinny of various pros and cons then you just have to fill in the blanks .
It’s more helpful imo than literally know review at all .
If they don’t answer the questions that need answering in your own mind then that often tells you the answer in itself Gaz 🙂
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You do have to trust them. To be thorough, fair, to have spent a bit more than ten minutes with the product. All kinds of things.
I've asked to be banned
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4662 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes you’re right Iain you do have to trust them on the core elements .
I suppose I mean if someone keeps giving things 10/10 you might know based on the review and the reviewer as a whole it’s an 8/10 in most people’s eyes .
As you know it’s like judging a magic competition if you give the first person 10/10 you have no where to go if the next competitor is better .
Therefore if they are great you can say mark down an 8/10 and juggle this figure around until they have all performed .
That’s my method anyway Gaz 🙂
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
I for one appreciate honest reviews from people who actually purchased the product with their own hard earned money and field tested it before reviewing.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4662 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah me too I wouldn’t want anything for nothing . I presumed people like Hocus Pocus review it because they are buying stock anyway Gaz 🙂
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 10, 2020, IAIN wrote:
My main problem with these near endless YouTube reviewers is that I don't often see why I should trust their opinion.

I totally agree with you! The main reason I even started my own YT review channel is because I felt that many of these reviews are simply another advertisement as they are supplied these products from magic companies for free. They are not unbiased. I also suspect they are not using the product in the real world. How can you churn out a magic review every day and try to claim that you have any real world experience using any of those products? I buy magic every day and perform for people constantly. So am I qualified to do a review since I am constantly buying this stuff and using it all the time? Experience is the best teacher and trial and error has been what shortens the learning curve. In almost all of my own magic reviews I demo the products myself (unlike most reviews you see). I'm not afraid of knuckle busting sleight of hand or the practice that goes into it. I only review magic products that I have extensive experience using. Example - I purchased Elixir magazine over the summer and it took me months before I even made just the first review because I wanted to really road test the material. There was a time that I was also including real world performances as part of my reviews but I was only including the audio because people are hesitant when I tell them that I am going to use the footage on youtube. The funny part was the reactions I got. I was expecting people would appreciate to hear a real world performance, to see how I am using the products that I am reviewing. Instead they didn't like that it was only audio. I stopped including live performances as part of my reviews since people didn't appreciate it.

I hope that I have given you guys something to think about the next time you watch a review on youtube. For those people that don't want to watch an unbiased review or don't want to hear the truth then please don't watch my reviews. You definitely don't want to hear my analysis and comparisons I do with other magic products. =)

As I mentioned above, I don't get anything for spending my time doing reviews other than the satisfaction of helping others.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
284 Posts

One man's truth... et al
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The other thing I have no use for is the "big name endorsements." Usually, one hand washing the other.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
It will be interesting to see the reviews on the 30+ new Blackpool releases on here and on youtube play out. Let the fun begin. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Is is just me or are people afraid of giving true comments now. (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL