The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Emma Wooding-Ten Star Mind Explosion (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

The "Ten Star Mind Explosion" is an effect I released in Remastered Volume One and with Volume Two - Psychological Forces coming out in March 2020 I thought it would be a great idea to show you what the Remastered Series is like.

In this, the spectator names ten letters.
Each letter is written down, then one by one they are crossed out and eliminated in a fair and easy to follow manner (no Equiv*que).

Leaving the spectator with one final letter. They then name a name starting with that final letter before it is revealed to have been predicted from the very start.

The participant never writes anything down and yet you are able to predict a thought of name. This effect is perfect for a casual close up environment.
-No Nail Writing
-No Gimmicks
-No Anagrams
-No Double Writing
-Easy To Perform

"It is great to see Emma putting her mind to existing principles and making them more practical and even more impossible by adding deceptive layers along with wonderful routining".
Joel Dickinson
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
routine
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of routine
In which languages will this work?
emmawooding
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of emmawooding
Hi!

This works in english however it can work in other languages. It's not taught in different languages but with some work it can be performed in different languages. My email is offered at the end of the PDF so if you grab it, don't hesistrate to email me and we will work together to make the effect work in the language you use Smile If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask

The Ten Star Mind Explosion can be purchased through the following,

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13094

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/mental......ownload/

https://mentalistry.com/products/e-books......wooding/

https://tenstarmindexplosion.blogspot.com/

Sincerely,

Emma.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Just purchased it.

will review it in due course.

am I supposed to get the pdf via email?

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
emmawooding
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of emmawooding
Hi BMW Guy!

Yes you should recieve the product via email within 24 hours Smile

Sincerely,

Emma.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Looking forward to seeing your review Alex.
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, NeilS wrote:
Looking forward to seeing your review Alex.

Same here Smile
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
He's going to like it, isn't he... 👍
I've asked to be banned
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

The method is easy. You can perform this once you learn it.

There is an aspect of it that I didn't like, though it is justified in a way during the explanation.

Will I perform it? Not sure to be honest.

This isn't a negative, the effect itself is good, and I applaud Emma for coming up with it.

I can get it to work in Spanish, easy, even easier in English.

For the price you certainly can't go wrong. I am sure some people will perform it, and I am sure Emma gets a good reaction when performing it.

Do I feel I got my $10 USD worth? Yes, but not in the context of performing it, but in the main idea as a springboard to creating other ideas to achieve the same outcome. I have to think about it a little to be able to do this, but currently working on other stuff.

The main idea is good, but I do not think I will perform it as is, I am going to change it up.....though the effect that Emma explains is streamlined, I feel it can be improved upon. How? Not sure yet, but there are loads of other ways to springboard of this idea, and I think I will use this as a starting point.

So yeah, I got my money's worth for implanting a seed of thought in my head to be able to change it as I see fit.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Here's what I wrote about it previously: "10 Star Mind Explosion, is one of the most convoluted ways of having someone think of a name. And if it doesn't work as planned, as the example in the book didn't work for me, then it becomes even MORE convoluted. Yay."

has anything been updated?

all the best,
Dan
Elliot Marx
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of Elliot Marx
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, dyoung wrote:
Here's what I wrote about it previously: "10 Star Mind Explosion, is one of the most convoluted ways of having someone think of a name. And if it doesn't work as planned, as the example in the book didn't work for me, then it becomes even MORE convoluted. Yay."

has anything been updated?

all the best,
Dan

I daresay it should've been remastered...
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
On Facebook Emma thinks this place should be boycotted because of the amount of bullying...sheesh. Pablo describes it as the "tragic Café". Yet both seem very happy to use the place to sell their wares.

If you release a product with a high degree of hype and that product fails to meet the hype then people who know what they are talking about WILL review the product honestly. That's not bullying, it's balancing the hype against the criticism which then allows people to make a more informed choice. When you release something into the community you've got to let go and let it stand or fall.

It's curious how the word "bullying" gets twisted sometimes. I am a foster carer and many times I've had to go to a school to deal with one of my kids being bullied. What actually transpired in every case was the equivalent of someone kicking a dog until the dog bites back. Bullying in the real world is a very serious issue and it really irks me when the term is misused.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I agree totally, David. Emma is so good at playing the victim I suspect she carries her own body chalk. She mislabels fair criticism on her releases for bullying all the time. Which I, just like you, find highly immoral and disrespectful to people that experience real bullying. Oh, and apparently Pablo copied Harry Lorrayne’s “tragic café” ... how very, very uncreative. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
So she is a hypocrite? Bash the Café elsewhere but use it to sell products? I think The Café should boycott her products if this is true.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, RNK wrote:
So she is a hypocrite? Bash the Café elsewhere but use it to sell products? I think The Café should boycott her products if this is true.

You would have to boycott a lot of sellers then... Smile
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I might be seen as being somewhat negative towards her release. but its directly inverse to the hype she's trying to create. If this was released as "oh here's a thought of how to force a name", I would've gone "ok"... but it being hailed as a neoclassic and "this will blow their !@#$%^& minds", then I take issue with it.

So here's a question I've had, and wonder if it has been dealt with in this "new" release... So letters are eliminated in a "fair and easy to follow manner", the last round of elimination has to be done by the magician, so there are two letters left, the magician then has to go "hmm... D or F.... I'll go with D, lets keep the D" (or whatever). That's gonna leave a lasting impression, the final choice is made by the performer. Does that not feel weak to you? So I wonder, has this been addressed in this new release? Maybe Amira or Emma could answer, as they are such prolific users of the Café, and don't just use it to market their wares.

All the best,
Dan
emmawooding
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of emmawooding
Hi all,

Before I start, thank you for bringing this to my attention, I understand that I said a few things that were innapropriate and rude and I'd like to touch base on it.

I innapropriatly commented about boycotting the Magic Café and this shouldn't of been said. Although many performers who I know personally are scared to post on the Café because of people that are rude and inapporpriate towards them. (Keep in mind I am not saying you or anyone within this conversation has done this towards me or anyone else). It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the magic Café because it allows a multitude of performers to come together and share information about new effects, theory and other thoughts. I appreciate being a member of this, however I'm still allowed to feel that a lot of the things said is rude and innapropriate. (Take note - I am not talking about reviews or anything within that context, I mean specifically about the atitude performers have towards other performers). I said the word "bullying" and I again stand by that, many times I have felt bullied and pulled down by the Café (even under my old account before changing). I understand that this can be seen as playing a victim however, that is genuinely not what I am doing here, I believe being upfront with how I feel is important and when I explain that I feel uncomfortable or bullied I will let you know. In no way is this intended to shift or change the story.

I do not mind getting criticism and I have said it before and I will say it again. I appreciate thoroughly the discussion and points made towards my released effects within the reviews given. Bad or good it is imperitive for me to read it because it's free feedback on what I am doing right and wrong! I have tried my best to fix my errors with innacurate descriptions and I have included a whole section in my book (remastered volume two) towards crediting.

Finally Dan, thank you for your comment towards the Ten Star. You are right, it can feel weak. I have found with some time misdirection it helps however, someone approached me the other day and explained to me that a great idea would be to use The Tombola Principle in conjunction with the last two letters.

As well as this, Dan I would like to offer you a review copy of Remastered Volume Two, it's still in it's formatting stage but once it's completed I would love to hear your thoughts. I really do value your thoughts towards prior reviews and I have taken a lot on board. Smile

Finally, thank you everyone for reading this message, I really appreciate it and anyother constructive criticism towards my effects I would love to hear Smile

Sincerely,

Emma Wooding.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Hello Emma,

A quick side note: I think we disagree on what bullying is. The Café is what it is, there's a certain amount of trolling and "Café banter", but that's part and parcel of being on here, or any forum for that matter. You just can't take it all to heart, especially if you release products. Anyway, enough about that.

If you would like me to have a look at your new book, I'm more than happy to have a read and give you feedback on it.

All the best,
Daniel Young

PM on here, or find me on facebook. Im not difficult to find.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, emmawooding wrote:
Finally Dan, thank you for your comment towards the Ten Star. You are right, it can feel weak. I have found with some time misdirection it helps however, someone approached me the other day and explained to me that a great idea would be to use The Tombola Principle in conjunction with the last two letters.

Okaaaaaaaay. So you’re releasing something you know can feel weak? but its ok cos you can buy something from someone else to make it better? Sheesh.

Wonder why penguin didn’t use your ‘it can feel weak’ quote on the sales page 😆
emmawooding
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of emmawooding
Hi!

Yes well as implied (however I'm happy to clarify) I don't think it's a weak effect nor do I feel the effects components are weak. However some performers find the last section weak. This is normal as everyone has different tastes. I then offered a solution for that specific problem so the owner can get the most out of their effect.

Sincerely,

Emma
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Emma Wooding-Ten Star Mind Explosion (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL